“Sea World & Disney”

Ranked #114 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Omaha, Nebraska
“Sea World & Disney”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My daughter and her best friend wanted to visit Orlando so we went down for a few days. I picked the Hilton Garden because I really enjoy staying at this hotel chain.

This hotel did not disappoint. It was easy to find and quite accessible to both resorts. It was a 10 minute trip from our room to the front gate of Disney and about the same distance to Sea World. Stores and a huge mall were very close by.

The room was comfortable and well appointed. The kitchen was a welcome feature that allowed me to save some cash on drinks, especially when you're talking about young ladies who like to have all sorts of energy drinks and juices.

Room service cuts off at noon! Don't be late! Don't forget the hang tag on your door because they won't clean your room! Not a complaint. Just a statement.

I am a cyclist and took my bicycle down for the week. There is no trail nearby and I wouldn't recommend riding on the roads near Disney. However, once you pass the tourist attractions, you can hop on a sidewalk that will run approximately 7 miles out toward the western part of town. From there, you can cut north about 5 miles to the West Orange Trail. What a nice trail! I rode up and down on that trail for days. Safe. Easy ride. Well marked.

I saved my review about the Hilton Garden staff for last. The staff was unbelievable. They were so supportive. If I asked a question, they found an answer. Literally. Many people don't know about cycling and the hotel staff was no exception. However, they went above and beyond what is norm to find answers for me. Phone calls were made. Internet sources were checked and they found answers for me.

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The question isn't whether I will stay at this hotel again but "when" will I have a chance to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank HGfromOmaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Indonesian first
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2011

So I skipped the "discount" sites as they seem to leave you the cruddy rooms and wanted to have a nice night, so spend the extra $10 and found a good deal on the Hilton site, right near Disney.
This hotel is located on the north outskirts of the Disney resort, and to anyone familiar with the strip of hotels and the restaurants along Palm Parkway this one is a little further than the others. Probably not gonna walk to them from here as you can from the others.
Got there, checked in around dinner. Gave the desk the honors card, credit card and ID, asked for breakfast instead of points, and was then promptly asked to sit in lobby while she went over to other desk to print key. Then entered in to conversation with person at other desk helping guest find a Sally beauty supply. Apparently the only working computer couldn't search google maps and print my key simultaneously.
10 mins later we had a key. " how about the breakfast coupons" i asked " ooh i will send someone right up with them. I wasnt about to wait longer headed up to room. Whole ordeal was Pretty strange but ooh well.
Once in the room, Noticed the bed was stuck on the 'ultra stiff' setting, regardless of where dial was. I jumped on the bed, adjusted the dial, no dice. ( most who have stayed at a hgi know the drill). I stopped by the desk on way out to dinner and asked for new room and the breakfast coupons that never showed. Coincidentally we waited in line behind a guy with same bed problem, as desk agent explained how to use bed. "try it again they said". He left dejected.
"hi, I understand beds, and ours is broken.
"ok we will send maintenance and if they can't fix we will put you in another room". Confident the bed was broken I was pretty sure we would come back to a new room.
What we came back to was disappointment. No one had ever gone up to the room, and now (five hours later) they were full.
When I really lost it, was when he offered me free breakfast to make up for their blunder. "dude I have free breakfast already, how many you want me to eat, by the way did those coupons ever make it too room?".
"It says here they did sir" he replied.
They sent maintenance up to room to "fix bed". Turns out he didn't even know where dial was. Perplexed I showed him and asked "ever fix one of these?" his response "Nope, never seen one.". That's when I noticed "security" emblazoned across his back.
"man that thing is hard as a log. You are right. You can't sleep on that" were his words on way out
"ok thanks for trying". I said as I picked up phone to call desk.

We did sleep on it. Hard as a log and all. Manager comped room in am.
All in all room was nice minus bed. But whole ordeal was off enough that I will never stay at that one again. And will think long and hard about a hgi again. Most Hampton inns and courtyards are just as nice and no possibility for broken bed as they are just normal.
Ooh well. Room 617 was broken bed.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank RJ24R2
Puebla, Mexico
Reviewed August 24, 2011

the bed is very nice, and the atention was very good with the latin people, just one bad point: poor in the variety of kind of food, but in other all its ok.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I stay in a lot of Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn's during the week all over the country as I travel for business. Hands down this property is the cleanest, most comfortable I have stayed at. It usually takes me 1 night to get used to the bed in order to get a restful night sleep. Monday I slept until 7:30am which is not like me. The AC worked flawlessly, the shower was perfectly clean, and the bed was excellent. As a frequent business traveler the most important features in a hotel are the consistent quality of the bed, clean shower, and quality coffee. Since a Hilton Homewood Suites is next door they share a fitness center which was great because they had even more equipment overlooking the pool.
You can tell the staff appreciate you and always give you the courtesy entering the elevator. The breakfast staff kept my coffee cup topped off.
I had no complaints, they even had the updated room locks where your room key touches the door and not slide it.
For a Resort neighborhood, I was amazed how kept up it was. I will certainly be back.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th Floor and away from elevator but my room was quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank RoadWariorSalesman
NJ
Reviewed August 16, 2011

1. We booked through hotels.com. When we checked in the hotel has no record of the res so we had to wait to check in. 2. We wanted a disney view room but when we checked in we were told that the hilton website was wrong and they did not have disney view rooms. 3. I think the hotel was trying when they put the so called air beds in the rooms but the bed is just awful. It killed our backs. 4.The refrig was not working when we checked in. We called and was asked it we could wait till morning. The mext day we went to disney and came back about 8:00 and guess what...the refrig was still not working. We had to call the desk again and they came up and replaced it.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while visiting Orlando with friends. You cannot beat the location, it was probably two miles or less to the Disney World Resort, which was awesome. It also had several restaurants around it which is very nice if you want to avoid paying Disney food prices in the parks. The room itself was awesome. It was one of the cleanest hotels I’ve ever stayed in, and a clean hotel room is very important to me. Even on days when we had the “Do not Disturb” sign up, they still left new towels and toiletries outside our room. We had a king bed, and the room had a refrigerator and microwave, which we needed, so that was awesome! They also had a fairly large pool for a hotel, as well as a hot tub, which was very nice after a long day at the parks, and both seemed clean. I also thought the staff was very professional and they greeted us every time we came down to the lobby or returned to the hotel. I have previously stayed at two Disney resorts as well as other hotels in the area, and I would highly recommend this one! I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Disney!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Room was excellent, super comfy beds. Great location and excellent choices of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2011