“Favorite Restaurant at Disney”
Review of Sanaa

Sanaa
Reserve with OpenTable
Sanaa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 3,897 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sanaa serves African cuisine with Indian flavors for lunch and dinner at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas — Kidani Village in Walt Disney World Resort.Sanaa means ""artwork"" in Swahili, and as its name suggests, Sanaa offers its Guests beautifully prepared food, served in an artistic atmosphere with a stunning view of the savanna.Before dinner, relax in the comfortable lounge beside the spacious dining room. Once you're seated, choose from an array of delectable, African-inspired dishes.
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is my second time visitng and it is still my favorite. The view is amazing getting to watch all the animals while you eat. Value is very good considering the atmosphere and quality of the food. Get the bread service with all the spreads. It is amazing. The Tusker beer is very good and hard to find at stores. The butter chicken and spare rib is wonderful. The chicken chaat is also very very good. Don't be afraid to try something new.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,151)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was on the Disney meal plan and had one meal here. We were seated near the window so we could see zebras and giraffees in the courtyard. I thought that was neat. We started with the naan and 11 different spreads. It was great. I then had the lamb shank for my entree. It was great. We also ordered the lamb dish and the butter chicken combo. For dessert we had the dessert trio and a bread pudding. Overall the atmosphere was nice and the food was great. It was a good use of the dining plan and a nice excuse to visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I would return.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Tasty! -And fun to watch the animals right outside the windows and the interesting African things ( necklaces, cookware, etc. around the restaurant) Indian influence in some of the dishes, but the slow cooked entrees were very much like the dishes eaten on safari in Botswana (some of the family just there last year). We ate at Sanaa for lunch and dinner, and food consistently good - only drawback was that there was not much difference between the lunch and dinner menus. Definitely one of the better Disney restaurants we tried!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We ate here on a recent trip and really enjoyed the whole experience. My husband doesn't deviate much from his basic foods, and even he was really happy with the choices. The restaurant itself is fun - loads of decorations and styling to look at (and be somewhat amazed by).

Our server was fantastic. She explained every dish we asked about in detail and gave really good advice about what most non-adventurous eaters would enjoy. My husband took her advice and went with butter chicken and short ribs. She said they were cooked until completely tender, like pot roast, and that was definitely true. He really enjoyed them. I had chana masala and paneer tikka and both were good. Neither was crave-worthy, but they were both very good. We also had the bread service - different types of naan and chutneys/raita - and it was excellent. The samosas were very good, though much spicier than I expected.

We were staying at AK Lodge and the short walk to Kidani Village was nice, and it was a good way to relax a little after eating so much food and being stuffed!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Our dinner did not get off to a great start. We had reservations at 8:30 and after 30 mins of waiting in the bar area, I went back out to the front desk to make sure that our buzzer was still working. The two ladies out front looked at each other and rolled their eyes when I asked how much longer it would be. Although I felt this was extremely rude, especially to be so obvious about it, I let it slide, because I was hungry and didn't want my food to meet some horrible fate before it arrived to me.
We were finally seated about 5 mins or so later. While on our way to our seats, I noticed there were several vacant tables so this perplexed me more as to why it took close to 40 mins after our reservation time to be seated.
We had Christopher as our waiter and I must say, he is definitely the best waiter we've had out of all our Disney dining over the past 5 years! Give that man a raise!
We had the bread as an appetizer, which was amazingly good! The slow roasted chicken and pork was just amazingly good. However, we were blown away by dessert. We got the trio and the Kulfi and it was all out of this world!
Despite the long wait, the entire dinner experience totally made the wait worthwhile. We will definitely be back again and again!,

2  Thank lowgetter