“good spicy food, great service”
Review of Sanaa

Sanaa
Ranked #36 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sanaa serves African cuisine with Indian flavors for lunch and dinner at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas — Kidani Village in Walt Disney World Resort.Sanaa means ""artwork"" in Swahili, and as its name suggests, Sanaa offers its Guests beautifully prepared food, served in an artistic atmosphere with a stunning view of the savanna.Before dinner, relax in the comfortable lounge beside the spacious dining room. Once you're seated, choose from an array of delectable, African-inspired dishes.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We ate here on a recent trip and really enjoyed the whole experience. My husband doesn't deviate much from his basic foods, and even he was really happy with the choices. The restaurant itself is fun - loads of decorations and styling to look at (and be somewhat amazed by).

Our server was fantastic. She explained every dish we asked about in detail and gave really good advice about what most non-adventurous eaters would enjoy. My husband took her advice and went with butter chicken and short ribs. She said they were cooked until completely tender, like pot roast, and that was definitely true. He really enjoyed them. I had chana masala and paneer tikka and both were good. Neither was crave-worthy, but they were both very good. We also had the bread service - different types of naan and chutneys/raita - and it was excellent. The samosas were very good, though much spicier than I expected.

We were staying at AK Lodge and the short walk to Kidani Village was nice, and it was a good way to relax a little after eating so much food and being stuffed!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Our dinner did not get off to a great start. We had reservations at 8:30 and after 30 mins of waiting in the bar area, I went back out to the front desk to make sure that our buzzer was still working. The two ladies out front looked at each other and rolled their eyes when I asked how much longer it would be. Although I felt this was extremely rude, especially to be so obvious about it, I let it slide, because I was hungry and didn't want my food to meet some horrible fate before it arrived to me.
We were finally seated about 5 mins or so later. While on our way to our seats, I noticed there were several vacant tables so this perplexed me more as to why it took close to 40 mins after our reservation time to be seated.
We had Christopher as our waiter and I must say, he is definitely the best waiter we've had out of all our Disney dining over the past 5 years! Give that man a raise!
We had the bread as an appetizer, which was amazingly good! The slow roasted chicken and pork was just amazingly good. However, we were blown away by dessert. We got the trio and the Kulfi and it was all out of this world!
Despite the long wait, the entire dinner experience totally made the wait worthwhile. We will definitely be back again and again!,

2  Thank lowgetter
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I loved this restaurant. We had a table right by the window so we got to watch the birds, zebras and other animals while we ate. The food was great although not a huge selection to choose from and our waiter seemed to dissappear for a bit but overall it was a great experience :)

1  Thank AmberK853
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My wife and I had a great dinner at Sanaa. We tried a little of everything sharing the bread service, lamb kurfka appetizer, a South African wine flight, and a lamb entree. All were great.

1  Thank James H
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We have been to Florida and Walt Disney World more times than I would like to admit, and Sanaa is one of the nicest restaurants here. This year we got the Disney dining plan and so ate at a lot of restaurants we wouldn't usually have chosen. Sanaa was so good we ended up booking to go again later in the week.
The staff on both visits were lovely and very accommodating. We have a 3 year old and 6 month old. They even brought some ice cream for my baby free of charge!
The food - Indian/African was delicious and a welcome break from burgers/hot dogs. The deserts were also very tasty. We didn't have a window seat, but how can a restaurant have all tables by the window?! It wasn't a problem as there is a lovely walkway with a fire pit you can go to see the animals both before and after your meal. We saw more animals here than on Kilimanjaro Safari!
I would be more than happy to eat here again and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone - even on your birthday!

1  Thank PSHaworth