“Excellent.”

Ranked #39 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sanaa serves African cuisine with Indian flavors for lunch and dinner at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas — Kidani Village in Walt Disney World Resort.Sanaa means ""artwork"" in Swahili, and as its name suggests, Sanaa offers its Guests beautifully prepared food, served in an artistic atmosphere with a stunning view of the savanna.Before dinner, relax in the comfortable lounge beside the spacious dining room. Once you're seated, choose from an array of delectable, African-inspired dishes.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Sanaa has great service, creative dishes, and excellent ambiance. This was our second time to Sanaa--first being in Sept 2012--and the menu was different each time to suit the seasonal ingredients. It's authentic, but also fusion dining, and everything I've had to eat there was delicious. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. He really made the experience special!

• Visited May 2013

• Arabic first
Los Angeles, California
“Flavorful”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Located on the ground floor of Disney Animal Kingdom Resort Kidani Village, the ambiance is enjoyable with some of the savanna animals coming up to the windows. Food was flavorful and interesting. Ordered the Indian Style Bread services which was interesting with all the accompaniments. My complaint about that is that there is more accompaniments than bread and if you need extra bread there is a charge for $2.00 per piece. Also if you are going to order wine, pick the suggested ones, as what I ordered did not go with the spicy food. Waiter that evening was distracted so service was just ok.

• Visited September 2013
Meridian, Mississippi
“Sorry”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I wanted to love this place took the whole family based on reviews. We are staying at AKL resorts so it is close and convenient to us. The place has beautiful ambience and it was worth it for just that and the service. The food is not for kids that are not used to a spicy palette. I have had Indian food many times to me this was truly mediocre. I thought for it being on Disney property there would surely be something for my kids...not really! So for that I have to say make it a couples night you will find it romantic and the drinks are impressive. For me and my gang sorry but we'll take a pass.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Quite Authentic!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our first experience with the combination of African and Indian food was when we visited Durban, South Africa. There lives the largest population of Indians outside of India so the local food is very much a combination of African and Indian. We absolutely loved it. So when I saw the menu for Sanaa I decided we should try it. We got there early to request a window table since it was my Husband's birthday. While waiting the bartender gave us our drinks in plastic cups so that we could go out onto the "savannah". We grabbed some rocking chairs and enjoyed watching the animals. The view from the table was great. Some very showy birds came up to the window to check us humans out. The food was great and the spices very authentic. My husband had the Durban chicken and shrimp while I had the tandoori lamb on top of the bread service. All was delicious. On out way out we stood by the bonfire while watching the animals after sunset. Overall a wonderful experience!!!!

The chef even helped with my food allergy and I am so grateful.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Good Indian food and wonderful naan”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our family of 4 had dinner here (2 kids ages 8 and 3). Fortunately, the kids love the Indian dish Butter Chicken which they devoured with plenty of fresh naan. The adults enjoyed the tandoori chicken (which was more like grilled chicken) and some veg dishes. Service was good, wine offerings were predominately from South Africa. Lively enough atmosphere that our rowdy boys did not make a scene.