“LOVED IT!! Such a beautiful restaurant with amazing food.”
Review of Sanaa

Sanaa
Ranked #40 of 3,853 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sanaa serves African cuisine with Indian flavors for lunch and dinner at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas — Kidani Village in Walt Disney World Resort.Sanaa means ""artwork"" in Swahili, and as its name suggests, Sanaa offers its Guests beautifully prepared food, served in an artistic atmosphere with a stunning view of the savanna.Before dinner, relax in the comfortable lounge beside the spacious dining room. Once you're seated, choose from an array of delectable, African-inspired dishes.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My family of four enjoyed this restaurant immensely. Upon arriving at Sanaa, we were warmly welcomed and taken to our seat right away. The one side of the restaurant was all windows looking out onto the Sunset Savannah at Disney's Kidani Village, Animal Kingdom Resort. There were a lot of animals to see while we waited for our waitress. We saw a good variety of animals from zebras to giraffes to ostriches and other birds.

The atmosphere is beautiful. I think it is one of the prettiest restaurants on all of Disney property. There are so many small details like the hanging lights. Some are woven baskets, some are beaded and then some are somewhat Arab looking. There is also an elaborate tree cut out on the ceiling. The tables and chairs are substantial and heavy carved wood. It all adds to the ambience. There is also a bar/lounge area that is darker blue in colour and very welcoming and thematic.

It is African infused Indian cuisine. We've tried Boma the African restaurant at Animal Kingdom and I thought it was OK. We love Indian food so we thought we'd try this restaurant and boy am I glad we did! The food was amazing -- flavourful and delicious! We started with the bread and accompaniments. The naan bread is delicious. We had the red pepper hummus, mango chutney and the cilantro based dip. My picky daughter especially loved the red pepper hummus and the bread and dip was gone in minutes. We also had the samosas. They were very flavourful. For dinner, my husband and I ordered the butter chicken and Durban chicken. The Durban chicken was a little spicy, but it was so delicious as was the butter chicken. We love curry and very flavourful food and we were not disappointed by any of our choices. My son had the fish of the day and said it was very good and my daughter ordered the chicken pot pie. She liked it, although she said she preferred a traditional pot pie.

This has become one of my must-dos! We will definitely be returning to this restaurant and will be recommending it to all our friends!

There are newer reviews for Sanaa

Reviewed June 10, 2013

A trip to Sanaa just to try the Indian style bread service - naan and the accompaniments would be time well spent; sweet, mild to spicy to satisfy anyone. Spend the extra $3 to get all 9 samples... you won't be disappointed. My wife had the NY strip, mildly spiced and I had the slow cooked in gravy chicken and beef. Both dishes were served with 5-grain rice. To be truthful, my wife and I would have been perfectly happy with just the bread service and desert!! The Banana Kulfi Sundae - recommended by the staff - and the chocolate cake were a nice complement to a spicy main course.

Since this was our first stay at Kadani Village at Animal Kingdom Lodge, we were not aware we could have asked for seating with views of the savannah. There were several empty tables, but our cast member seated us in the middle of the dining room.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I didn't even know this place existed until a waitress at another lovely restaurant told us to try it. It was great. Located near the Animal Kingdom, it has a variety of Indian food. Especially good for vegetarians. Food was delicious and you can observe some of the tamer animals while waiting for your table. The service was good as well.

Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This is African infused Indian cuisine. It's amazing. The atmosphere is the best in Disney for sure! Views of the savannah. Watch giraffes walk by while your eating.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I want to explain why I have given such a poor rating... even though I enjoyed the food and most of the service...

Maybe it’s because I have travelled and ate in alot of different countries or maybe it’s because I have high expectations after reading the glowing reviews on here, but this restaurant does not offer anything different than something I could find back home in Aberdeen (and that’s saying a lot). I thought with all the wonderful vibrant staff from that region of the world they would have come up with something spectacular. It was such a bland menu. They must be trying to cater for American tastes because there was definitely nothing exciting about the food.

Pros
• It’s a beautiful setting, and the decorations were fab
• The food was cooked well and tasted good
• You can learn a lot about different cultures and parts of Africa just by talking to the staff

Cons
• Bland, bland, bland menu.
• Disney AGAIN “lost” our reservation (and it wasn’t me who booked it but another family member so it’s not just me going crazy lol) and they made up for it by offering us food we didn’t even want to eat, go figure????
• Nice to be within the AKL so didn’t have far to walk to get dinner