“If you are craving sushi and are shopping at millennia mall, hit this place up!”
Review of Sushi Katana

Sushi Katana
Ranked #513 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Millenia
Description: sushi katana is an upscale restaurant serving sushi, Japanese cuisine, select wines and premium sakes. Our décor brings together European contemporary design and modern Eastern touches. Two lounge sofa sets offer a very intimate and relaxing experience. Open for lunch and dinner 6 days a week. Located in The Shoppes at Millenia, just outside of the Mall at Millenia.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food was very original and tasty. The choices were nice. The alcoholic selection was impressive as well

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great tasting Japanese food. That's it. That's the reason.

Yes, they cater a lot more to the sushi-fans, that's why it's called Sushi Katana. But what little they have that's non-sushi, it's tasty (noodles, beef katana).

No, there's no katanas inside.

Yes, it is a small place, but I have never seen it completely full, even if it is located at the Millenia Mall plaza. So it is a good choice to dine away from the crowds wandering around the restaurants directly connected to the Mall.

Yes, there can only be 1 or 2 servers. So if it there are more than 4 tables, you will experience a slight delay, but they are helpful, accommodating hosts.

Yes, one person most likely will get the wooden chair and not the comfy couch, 'cause that's the way it is set-up for the majority of tables. I have never been seated at the two areas that are set for large parties, so when I brought a total of 5 people (all family), I thought I was finally going to sit more comfortably (I'm a gentleman, so my lady gets the soft couch and I get the stiff chair) but alas, they just pulled two regular tables together. It is not meant for me. Regardless, I exaggerate, and you will most likely be fine even if you get the chair.

So, in conclusion, this is a little, cool place, with tasty Japanese food. I cannot comment on the sushi because I have not tried it (I can eat sushi, but I'd rather have the other staples of Japanese cuisine), but if their non-specialty is good, then their sushi must be equally good or greater!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I bought a groupon because this was close(ish) to our hotel and wanted to check out some places in Orlando I might not go. the selection of sushi was great. Fast and friendly service!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

We came here on a coupon and tried 3 different specialty sushi rolls. They were all very good. table service was polite and professional. Our only critiques would be that the tables along the wall with the long bench seating were quite close together. The other critique is that the sushi chef left some plastic wrap on one of our sushi rolls. I fortunately, I found it (about a 1 by 2 inch piece) before I tried to eat the sushi. An honest mistake to be sure but attention to detail is important. We would return.

2  Thank jumbonav
Reviewed February 7, 2012

You will encounter a pleasant environment at this restaurant with a comfortable decor that consists of tables, couches and a sushi bar. I recommend the former two as the sushi bar does not lend any interaction with the chefs nor view of the preparation. The food is excellent with several menu items that I've not encountered at other sushi restaurants. But the highlight of evening (company excluded) was the server - excellent knowledge of the menu, accommodating (even prepared a roll based on our input) and a great sense customer satisfaction without being intrusive.

1  Thank Tommytennistoo