“Pleasantly surprised ”

Ranked #150 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Price was my biggest consideration when choosing a hotel at MCO for a very short one night stay after an inbound long haul flight and before collecting a rental car early the next morning.

For the price I paid I was delighted. The airport shuttle worked just fine, the front desk staff were functional and efficient - if a little abrasive in attitude. The room was huge, with a sofa to relax on and the biggest bed I've ever seen. The bed itself was comfy and the entire premises was spotlessly clean. The wi-fi worked as promised.

My minor niggles are that the air con was quite noisy (it's an older building so what can they do), and the water pressure in the shower was almost non existent. For $70 a night I couldn't possibly complain - after all I had the choice of the Hyatt at the airport for $300 a night and chose not to book it...

Breakfast was adequate and a very kind breakfast attendant was helping people with the various machines and toasters.

Overall I was very happy when taking the price of the room into account. Whilst I certainly wouldn't want to stay more than one night here, I would not hesitate to book here again if I was in transit. Thank you for a nice stay.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

After a long day visiting the Holy Land. I decided to get a hotel close to the airport for comfort. After taking my shower i decided to read a little before going to bed. After getting to bed it was comfortable, but about the covers smelled like mildew. I was to tired to complain so I decided to sleep in the lounger. I mention the discomfort to the desk agent the next morning about the mildew smell. And she got smart with me and said why didn't I call last night about the smell. I explain to her I was too tired. I paid good money and was not pleased with her remark. She the ask me was it the sheets or the comforter.I told her it smelled like the comforter.Of course she said I;ll make note for the housekeeper to change it. She left me very disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We arrived late after a flight delay and were received graciously. A hot breakfast was included with our stay. The room was clean, with comfortable beds, and nicely decorated. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

We arrived at the hotel.Came to the main door,which is an automatic door.It did not open.Stood by the door,tried to open it manually.It was unsuccessful.Walked away,called the main "For Choice" Number,asked them if the hotel is closed.They were going to connect me to the guest relations,but i said i will call there myself.We went back to the door,stood there for another 5 minutes.And then finally the door opened automatically.The lady at the front desk,Tiesha,did not apologized,acted as if she is a prison guard,and the hotel is the jail.Reading all the good reviews prior to check in,i was very surprised.I am very happy for other people,who got treated well by the staff at this hotel.Unfortunately,it was not me.Angela,the lady,who was working at the front desk later in the day,had an attitude.It was a sign in the lobby,saying,that they got number 4 rating at Trip Advisor.Staff acted as they don't care anymore,lke since they got number 4 rating,they can do whatever they want.One of the hotel worker,Francesco(sorry,if i misspelled his name),almost run me down in the elevator.I walked out of the elevator,he made a rude comment,i had to wait for anpther elevator.I think he works as a maintenance person at the hotel.Despite the customer service issues,i would like to point out,that hotel is very clean(except the pool area,which needs attention).The rooms are beautiful,just like the pictures on their website,very accurate.They do have a standard Comfort Suites breakfast buffet with cold and hot items.If you can get a room away from the freeway,it would be more quiet.The way we were treated at the check in,we did not have the choice of the location of the room.And let me tell you,the side,that is facing the freeway is very,very noisy,which does affect sleep quality.Hotel has a hot tub,which was a "warm tub".I am not an expert on determing the temperature.But i have travelled a lot and have been at a lot of hot tubs.I would estimate this one at 96 degrees at the highest.Jets were working fine though.My conclusion is: If you are looking for a clean,beautiful,spacious room,don't have an issue with a traffic noise,not going to use a hot tub and don't care about customer service,than this hotel is for you.I also find it strange,that the manager(never met him or her) does not respond to the reviews on Trip Advisor,like most managers do at other establishments.

Room Tip: With that kind of customer service,you might not be able to choose.However,if they are improve the c...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 135catherineg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

one of the best by far in orlando, would deff recommend t friends and family!
clean quiet and excellent quality hotel! the staff was helpful the rooms were extrodinary and the location was great! This is a great quality hotel worth the money!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

your facility was very clean and the personal was very accommodating.It was a very pleasant experience and we would surely book again.We had read the reviews on the internet and they were exactly correct.Thank you

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This is a standard issue inexpensive motel in Orlando. So, wouldn't expect much, eh? But my wife and I found it to be substantially above average for this kind of place. We've been travelling around Florida for 18 days, and have stayed in lots of similar places. We agree, this place tops them all, including some hat were considerably more expensive. It's very clean, inviting, and "comfortable". Front desk people are lovely. Room is really nice, with all the usual amenities, including fast free WiFi (often free wireless internet is quite slow, but not here), TV with 75+ channels (of course nearly all the channels are garbage, but that's not the hotel's fault!), half-fridge and microwave, etc. Bathroom is excellent, shower is even better. These guys probably have to do it really well because they have a lot of competition right along this road... but in fact they DO do it really well... so come here, save a few dollars, and enjoy an inexpensive hotel done right.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple