“Helpful Staff”

Ranked #151 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
San Luis Obispo, California
“Helpful Staff”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here the night before leaving on a cruise. When we booked the hotel, we didn't realize that the port where we were to board the ship was quite a distance away from the hotel. I called a few weeks in advance and spoke to a front desk staff member (Darius?) who was very helpful. He put me in contact with a driving service, Laura's. I ended up having several conversations with Mike Kramer (no relation) from Laura's, who got us from the airport to the hotel, made a restaurant suggestion and provided transportation there and back, got us to the cruise ship the next morning, then did it all in reverse AFTER our cruise (including a side trip to Gatorland when we had time to kill.)

We were grateful for all the help we received!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
WI
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Be warned, this hotel uses a third party for their airport shuttle service. We circled the airport twice picking up more people and then made stops at multiple hotels. And shuttle service stops at 11pm, this is not mentioned on the website. Our supposedly convenient 10 minutes from the airport hotel took about an hour to get to. Once finally got there, the beds were comfy, rooms clean, nice options for breakfast. So I would return, but take a taxi next time.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BWtravels
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Upon checking the Hispanic clerk just looked and said do you need something kind of rude as if not to assume I was a guest checking in; when I told I was here to check in she said ID and credit card as if annoyed and began talking in Spanish to probably one of her friends. Now me myself actually having worked In a hotel myself I know what good customer service feels like and this was not good. When I finally checked in I went up to my room to find a pretty clean room, but upon pulling of the sofa bed I found hair and crumbs from what was from a previous guest. When I decided to look for the sheets I found blood on one and hair on the other. Took forever for room attendant to bring extra towels and baby crib. Once she got here i asked if she could take the luggage cart back down and
she said oh no im not going that way and walked away. Rooms were pretty spacious and the breakfast was good. Pool was not clean so i grabbed the net and cleaned it myself. I probably would not return unless I had to

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Florid1990
Manchester Center, Vermont, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Thanks to Angela at the front desk, it made our stay much nicer! Rooms were very clean and comfortable! Definitely a good stay! It was also a good location because it was very close to the airport which is good if you have an early flight!

Room Tip: Stay there! Great hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Excellent property. Close to the airport, shuttle service and breakfast. This was my second stay at a Comfort Suites and on both occasions they have exceeded my expectations. The hotel was clean, comfortable and modern. I stayed the night before my cruise and was with a large group. Very comfortable and the staff was great!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor. Considering it was close to the airport I did not hear any aircraft nois...
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is always the best, don't ever let anyone tell u it's not. The accommodation are great, best hot breakfast ever. I always stay at comfort suites & will continue to stay. Room are clean, comfortable, staff great & location was pretty good.

• Stayed July 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here one night after our stay at Disney World before departing for home. (our friends had an early flight). This hotel is located near the airport, but not so near that the noise from the planes was even heard.

Our friends had to depart the hotel at 5:00 a.m. for their flights and the hotel staff was great with making sure that the shuttle van to the airport was there AND they provided sack breakfasts for them since they were leaving before the breakfast hours.

The hotel was also very accomodating in making sure that their 2 rooms were next to ours so that we could visit easily the evening before.

We arrived later than they did and there was only one lady working the front desk, so it took some time. The first people in was having trouble with their reservation (didn't sound like it was the hotel's fault), but in the end, the desk clerk was able to satisfy them. The next gentleman in line was quite impatient at waiting and at one point moved up between the first two people like he was going to cut in but backed up when the desk clerk said that she would be with him shortly. (the guest was rude....the clerk was polite...). Once his turn came to check in, it was done quickly since his reservation was fine. My checking in also went smooth and quick and once I got up to the desk, it was less than 5 minutes before I was checked in and had my room keys. The desk clerk should get an A+ for efficency and politeness because also while she was dealing with those of us in line, another guest was having trouble with his room keys and came down three times while we were standing there. He was quite nasty and rude toward the clerk (obviously another clerk had dealt with him before and this clerk had no idea what he was talking about at first but the guest acted like she should...). The desk clerk dispatched one of the custodians to check the lock and the keys and he soon returned to report the lock was bad. The desk clerk, without hesitation picked up the phone and called a maintaince person at home and told him to come in and fix the lock. (although Mr. Grumpy was not pleased with that idea, it shut him up and he left the desk...as I cheered under my breath...) What was then even more amazing was that the same desk clerk was working the next morning when we checked out 14 hours later...still has friendly and polite as before!

The breakfast was somewhat smaller than other Comfort Suites I have been too, but was quite adequate. They had cereal, yougurt, some fruit, a waffle maker and a hot area consisting of sausage links and some sort of egg patty. (the egg patty was pretty good). The one area that seemed skimpy was in the bread area. They only had bagels and white bread. Of course they also had the usual assortment of breakfast juices, coffee, tea and milks. The eating area was somewhat small for the size of the hotel, but we were down there shortly after opening and finding a seat was not a problem. (could have been later though.).

Now for a couple negatives: the luggage cart had a flat tire which was a problem when it was fully loaded. The elevators sounded noisy and just didn't seem to run right...I thought we might get stuck once. Finally, when I asked the desk clerk about leaving some boxes in the van overnight, she suggested that we not leave anything in the van that people could see or it could be broken into. Even though she said that, I still felt safe in the hotel that night and going to the car in the morning.

The availabilty of restaurants in the area is also a negative. Although we ate before we left Disney and were not hungry for supper, our friends were and they ended up having to order a pizza and subs for lack of restaurants in walking distance. (they had turned in their rental car already.) So, if you don't have a car, you may want to eat before arriving at this hotel. If you have a car, there is a large selection of restaurants about 2 miles from the hotel.

The room was VERY Spacious. We had two queen size beds which were very comfortable and plenty of pillows. The room is also divided with the beds on one side and a nice sitting area with couch, chair and lamp on the other. The room has a desk, safe, closet and a cabinet which has the microwave and small refridgerator in it. The entry way next to the bathroom is also very large and we kept all of the things we were not using that night in that area. (Since we didn't leave all of that in the car.). The air conditioner was quiet and we actually were able to regulate the temperature better than in most other hotels we had been in.

One interesting aspect to the room was a master light switch next to the door which turned off all the lights in the room AND the bathroom lights.

Now for the bathroom: It was very large with one of the largest bathtubs I have seen in a hotel room (not counting whirlpool or jacuzzi tubs). There was plenty of room in the bathroom to move around and plenty of room in the bathtub to move around during your shower.

The only negative was that there was a used washcloth hanging on the shower curtain rod when we arrived. Not a big deal, but unnerving as to the overall cleanliness of the facility. We did a much more through cleanliness sweep of the room after that (sheets, tub, sink, trash cans, etc.) but found the rest of the room to be clean.

The staff members that we encountered were very friendly and wanted to be helpful. I already spoke about the desk clerk, but the lady running the breakfast area was also friendly and would take your plates when you were finished with them and offered to get us more beverages.

The price for one night at this hotel was VERY GOOD. With our AAA discount, we paid about $80 (including tax) for the four of us in our room. A very good price for this quality of hotel. I do not hesitate in reccommending this hotel in spite of a few flaws.

Room Tip: We had a nice room directly across from elevator and heard no noise.
1 Thank JECOhio