1. The hotel is beautiful! It has gorgeous decor, fixtures, and materials. Our family rented a suite with a king size bedroom w/ bathroom. The bathroom had gorgeous shower and a separate jetted massage tub. The living room had a washer & dryer combo; a closet with ironing board & iron, and pack & play (for those with kids!); a full kitchen with full sized stainless appliances. The couch folded out into a moderately comfy double bed and then the large oversized lounge chair unfolded into a twin sized bed. The common area had its own full bathroom.
2. The location is unparalleled! Only minutes from the Magic Kingdom and Trans & Ticket Center to switch monorails to Epcot. Drive time by car to Animal Kingdom and the Studios is about 5-10 minutes. However, it's hard to drive out of the Magic Kingdom Resort area---no clear signage of just how to get to the main resort areas. We had an 11th floor view of the Magic Kingdom castle and Space Mountain at night. Gorgeous! We could watch the MK fireworks from our room.
3. Problems: They said our second room would be next to the suite. It was not. It was down a floor and at the other end of the tower. We anticipated adjacent rooms, and then when we got there, the hotel was full and the front desk was unable to move the rest of our party. They encoded many guests' keycards incorrectly and on 2 days, our party was delayed in getting into parks early (for hotel guests). A second problem was that the hotel rooms were just too dimly lit! The bathroom was downright dark and it was hard to apply makeup clearly! Seems like a small thing, but over the course of the week, my family and i kept remarking on how dark the rooms were.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando