I did a lot of research for our first Disney World vacation -- a LOT! We booked 4 nights at the new DVC Villas at the Grand Floridian and we had an opportunity to add one night at Bay Lake Tower. I was excited to try this property as it is a clear favorite for many...
1. You can walk to the Magic Kingdom
2. Newer property and almost impossible to get a reservation
We rented DVC points (38 points) and managed to get a 1 BR Lakeview unit for $380 (Saturday before Christmas). Considering this property is only a few years old, it actually felt quite worn and dated. It was not nearly as nice as the new Grand Floridian property.
We were in room 7935 on the 9th floor. After spending some time in the room we noticed that the carpet was very wet in the bedroom. Upon further inspection, we saw drips of water on the ceiling and noticed that the baseboard outside the master bath was completely molded and rotting from water damage. I immediately called maintenance. It was not clear if anyone ever came to check the room. We returned late from the MK and went straight to bed.
I mentioned this problem again at check-out, but the staff did not seem to take this very seriously.
As much as I love the MK walking benefit, I would not stay at this property again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel just walking distance to Magic Kingdom park. Delight in Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy white-sand beaches, enchanting pools and award-winning dining-plus the extensive offerings of Disney's Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge, with access to transportation including the Resort Monorail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Lake Tower At Disney`s Contemporary Hotel Orlando