Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
$89
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$388
$303
Orbitz.com
1,809 results
All reviewsbltdvc membersmagic kingdomtheme park viewbedroom villamk viewcontempo cafegrand floridiansleeper chairfull bathroomsspace mountaincalifornia grilleasy access to the monoraillake view roomdisney vacation clubwater paradedvc property
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great property which has every thing - walking distance to the Msgic Kingdon, beautiful rooms, great service by all employees, pool was great and a great bar at the top of the property to relax with a drink and watch the fireworks. Just a total great property. I have stayed with my family on two occasions and will continue to stay there in the further.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When we arrived at Bay Lake I was in awe of the location - you drive through the Magic Kingdom gates and basically the Contemporary and Bay Lake are the only resorts. When we went to check in I was prepared with my Magic Band loaded up prior to arrival. I had added our passes, our Mickey's Christmas Party tickets, our room and 3 Fast passes a day. There was a lot of stalling as we waited at the front desk and finally I asked what the issue was. The check in agent wouldn't give me a straight response but said they were working on everything and would have it up and running shortly. Another 10 mins went by while I stood there and they filled in time with telling me about the dining plan etc that I already had researched fully online. Finally after 45 mins we were ready to go and they gave us a $50 comp to our room for the inconvenience. I had a 1 bedroom lake view and ended up with both the lake and MK views. Not too sure if this was because of the delay at the front desk or I just lucked out but I will say I was very happy. The room was great. After staying in a 1 bedroom at Aulani though I will say that we do prefer the villa at Aulani over Bay Lake. The kitchen doesn't have a ton of counter space and the cupboards are extremely low. The doors to the Master bedroom bathroom were also weird. There was a door in to the Jacuzzi area that didn't lock although it looked like it was supposed to and then there was a door in to the bath/toilet area and again the door had a lock that didn't work. The villa was clean and yes there was so wear and tear but you imagine that is going to happen after a resort has been open a couple of years.
The staff were all friendly although I never quite understood why each morning there would be 3 behind the check in desk and about 6 standing just outside the doors to go outside. They were just all standing around. The walk to the Magic Kingdom is literally 5 mins and I have to say it was nice leaving the car in the parking lot on those days. We were with friends and family staying at All Star Movies and Caribbean Resort and would go and pick them up on the days we were going to other parks. The drive was about 15 mins or so to each one. As far as the new Magic Band system goes I enjoyed it and I thought it made life so much easier. I put all our photos on there and when we got home managed to access them really easily on the my Disney experience app. Also pictures of us on rides showed up which was a little bizarre as some of those rides we hadn't used our magic bands to get on (ie. we didn't have fast passes for them). Disney can obviously monitor where you are.
Overall I would stay here again. However, we did take the monorail over to the Grand Floridian and that will be my next selection of resorts to try as it looked amazing.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom villa with both MK view and lake
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Still a great location, and very nice pool area, but the rooms are starting to show wear and tear. Broken fixtures, carpet stains, and a stale smell made this luxury resort feel more like an old Holiday Inn. We reported the issues to the front desk, and they said they'd "...add them to the list.".

The staff is friendly, the rooftop lounge is comfy and the view of the fireworks can't be beat. A convenient short walk to the Magic Kingdom or short monorail ride to anywhere makes this a great destination, but I sure would like them to keep up the maintenance.

PS - DON'T GO FOR A RUN ON THE ROADS! The buses and driver will run you down. Welcome to Florida?

Room Tip: Get a room on the Magic Kingdom side of the building to watch the lights and fireworks - a low floor costs less but still has a great view.
1  Thank CaptainSteveG
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our friends shared this room with us for two nights, and even though we slept on a pullout sofa, it was great! The proximity to monorail, shops and parks was great, and every staff member was incredibly friendly. Everything was clean and the kitchen and bathrooms were well stocked.

Room Tip: We stayed on the lakeside, and it was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We love Bay Lake. Great location for the MK. And my family and I have stayed here about 4 times. But this visit on Nov, 15th was a slight disappointment. We were in 8105, 2 bedroom, lake view. But, as soon as I got to our room some things were obvious.....dirty rug, needs replacement. Couch sagging.. very uncomfortable. Some furniture is showing wear and tear. Disney always has been so attentive to details that the "sad" furniture and rug is surprising.
I hope they're not resting on the location being so great that room upgrades have taken a back seat. The bathroom is still excellent...plenty of fluffy towels and sundries, and so is the kitchen. All appliances working perfectly. And room service to Bay Lake is prompt and yummy. Try the Mickey brownies...my grandson's favorite.
I'm just disappointed to see this resort slip. Even a little. This is a very expensive resort so you would expect the accommodations to equal the cost.
Our trip was fine but I hope Disney has someone reading Trip Advisor to get some necessary feedback.

2  Thank dominicsgrandma