“Unbelievable!”

Ranked #23 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I read a lot of bad reviews on this hotel and almost did not book but I'm so glad that I disregarded the reviews and stayed at this hotel! We are DVC members but it was a lot of points to book at this hotel, especially since I booked Magic Kingdom view, so I was very apprehensive in our decision. the first thing I noticed when walking into the lobby is that it reminded me of a very nice Vegas hotel, which we have stayed at quite a bit. Very modern and clean looking. We were on the 11th floor, the first room off the elevator. The view was amazing. The room was beautiful. We had a two bedroom condo, which was more than sufficient room for me and my husband, our two small children and my parents. The third bathroom in the dedicated two bedroom condo was a very nice addition. There was a small stain on the floor and one of the couch but what do you expect - kids are staying in these rooms. it always amazes me when people write reviews on Disney hotels and then complain about a stain. Messy little kids stay in these rooms and the cleaning people do not have time to steam clean the carpets and furniture every time a guest checks out. The property was great. It was a quick trip into the main hotel to grab food via the catwalk on 5th floor. Pools were great. My husband and I loved the little beach behind the DVC club pool. it was peaceful and had a beautiful view of the lake. We went down there often when the kids were napping with the grandparents. there was plenty for the kids to do at the pool; there was always an activity. The movie nights were great too even though my kids never went to one. It was a quick trip to Magic Kingdom. My only complaint about this hotel is the railings on the balconies. On our first night, my four year old put her foot up on the concrete ledge and then went to hoist herself up onto the ledge and lean against the railing. Had she done that, the railing would have been to her waist and she could have easily fallen 11 stories. But we just made sure to lock the balcony doors at all times when we were not out there and explain to her that she needed to stay away from the railing and she did. Despite my fear of the balcony railings, we will definitely stay here again. this is my new favorite.

Room Tip: Magic Kingdom view
1 Thank Amy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a three bedroom villa for one week. The floors needed to be mopped, furniture was dusty, gum was stuck in the carpet and the balconies were full of cobwebs and dead bugs. The living room furniture was stained and very uncomfortable. There was only seating for 5 in the living room. The amenities such as shampoo, soap, etc were not replaced. When I called, they only sent up enough for three bathrooms. Our villa had four bathrooms. We had to request toilet paper twice before it was delivered. The location of the hotel is great. The view from our room was also very good. Overall, we were unhappy with the condition of the villa.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank JKABC
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed in a Magic Kingdom View Studio, 2 adults, and 3 small children. Our room was amazing. Some complain it is too small but we were fine in the room, mostly we were just there to sleep. On evenings when the children fell asleep early we could sit on our balcony and watch Wishes. We could even hear the music! My children loved the pool. Our room was clean and the staff was so friendly, they met our every need. There is a walkway from the hotel to the Magic Kingdom, it took us only eight minutes there. Being on the monrail was priceless to get to other resorts for meals and the kids loved riding it Hotel is not decorated as Disney as others but we did not mind, it did not feel cold and sterile to us. We had no problem going to the Comtemporary for meals, we felt like it was part of our hotel. I would definetly stay here again. My husband and I are even talking about being DVC member with this as our home resort. Can't wait to go back and definitley worth the money!!

Room Tip: Magic Kingdom View is worth the extra money.
1 Thank Beth B
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2013

A family member recently purchased more points in Disney's Vacation Club and we were invited to bay Lake Tower for a special breakfast. While there we were able to tour the Tower, including different styles of rooms. The decor of the hallways is somewhat bland but very clean and modern. However the rooms, just lovely. We self-guided through a studio and a 1 bedroom. They are awesome, the kitchen spacious and highly functional in the one bedroom. The views from anyside would be spectacular, both sides have lakes and one includes the Magic Kingdom. The pool area was so fun with the baby area shaped like Mickey's head and a waterslide for older kids. Our breakfast was served in the bar on the 16th floor and while the hi-top cocktail tables were a bit small for bereakfast plates, they would hold drinking glasses to watch the firework show at night quite well and the theme music is pumped into the stereo system for the fireworks. The staff are all excellent and friendly as all the Disney cast members are.

2 Thank vickiew1978
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my family's first time staying at a Disney resort. We really wanted to stay at the Bay Lake because of the convenience and it did not disappoint. It was amazing to be able to walk to MK. We did go during off season so it was not crowded. We never had to wait for an elevator and it was a very easy walk to the Contemporary. I did not mind that we had to walk their for the amenities. It almost feels like the same hotel.
The pool was great. It was a perfect size. It was easy to be able to keep an eye on our children as they went up the slide or participated in the activities. The pool bar was also very good. I thought the drinks were very reasonable.
We stayed in a one bedroom and it was a great size. Our children used the master bath the whole time but I could see that the two bathrooms would be great, especially if you have older children.
The hotel did not feel cold or sterile to me at all. It does not have a big theme but we did not miss that. I guess it would be harder if you had stayed at some of the other properties before. We did not know what we were missing.
This hotel is very expensive but worth it especially if you will spend most of your time at MK or eating at dinner at any of the hotels on the monorail. Getting around Disney is very hard with two little ones and this hotel made it so much easier.

Room Tip: We stayed in 7826, great view and easy walk to elevator.
5 Thank StellaGrace
Henderson, KY
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom suite with a lake view of the marina. The rooms were very nicely decorated, nothing too over the top. Modern furnishings, full kitchen, 2 full baths. I really liked the master bedroom 2 person shower, several shower heads, bench, tiled and glass doors. The location is great, a 5 minute walk to the Magic Kingdom. We never heard anyone next door, quiet rooms. Beds were very comfortable! The pool was nice, had a slide kids enjoyed. A bridge connects the Contemporary Resort to Bay Lake Towers. You have to cross the bridge to get to the restaurants, gift shops and monorail service. The bridge is also great for viewing the fireworks at The Magic Kingdom. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank baxter65
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at Bay Lakes for a Disney Vacation and the property is amazing. We were in a suite facing the lake and the pool. Great view, very clean and close (Walking distance if you wanted) to Disney World.
Nice pool bar, good food and great atmosphere for kids.

Room Tip: Depending on what you want for a view, I would choose the lake and pool view. That way you get to se...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family