1,861 results
All reviewsbltdvc membersmagic kingdomtheme park viewbedroom villacontempo cafemk viewgrand floridiansleeper chaircalifornia grillspace mountainfull kitchendvc propertywater paradelake view roomdisney vacation clubhome resort
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Our last stay at Bay Lake was in December. We are in the vaction club and this is our home resort. You cannot beat the location. It is about a 5 minute walk to Magic Kingdom. The view is phenomenal. Even if you do not have a Magic Kingdom view room, you can view the fireworks from the walkway to the Contemporary, or the Top of the World Lounge (you must be there on vacation points to do the latter of the two). The kids activity room is great. The youth workers are so nice. The rooms are beautiful and you have anything you need. We try to stay on the 5th floor close to the walkway, that way it is just a hop skip and jump to all the gift shops and restaurants at the Contemporary.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Maleficent1974
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed here for the final 4 nights of our wedding trip and honeymoon having spent a previous 3 weeks at a combination of Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Grand Floridian and Boardwalk. So being our final stay hotel it had a lot to live up to!

We paid the extra for Magic Kingdom view so that we could spend our last few nights at more of a relaxed pace, watch Wishes from the balcony and eat at the California Grill being just a short walk away.

We checked in early (around 11am) so I wasn't expecting a room to be ready, but lo and behold one was! I had requested a high floor, and asked if it was up high, to whoch I was told yes Maam.

When we got over to BLT (you go across a bridge from the Contemporary Lobby - very fun!) it turned out we were only on the 4th floor.

We had a good view of the castle, but the monorail line cut through it, and having just spent 11 nights at the Boardwalk wishing I'd changed rooms on check in (or at least asked) I thought I might as well give it a go here.

I called down to reception and was told no problem, come back down and we'll get you changed over.

Down in the Lobby we talked to a wonderful Cast Member called Mario who secured us a room on the 14th floor - as high as you can be! It wasn't going to be ready until 3 so what better way to spend some time than to head into the Magic Kingdom?

Upon return to BLT at around 3.30pm (we stayed and caught the parade) our room still wasn't ready, but upon seeing us in the Lobby, Mario instantly remembered us and got everything sorted in a jiffy.

Disney's policy isn't to guarantee room requests, and this hotel really went above and beyond to help us, so I was really pleased, even if it did take a little longer.

And boy was our new view worth it!

We had a perfect view of the Magic Kingdom and across the lake to the Grand Floridian. An additional bonus was we could also see the EPCOT ball, Tower of Terror and Earful Tower, and even Expedition Everest - all 4 parks!!

The room was great, albeit a little smaller than AKL and BW, but we really liked how the kitchen is like it's own little room there.

We had a great stay, and spent many breakfast and lunch times out on the balcony. We also loved watching Wishes. I imagine with small kids it'd be the perfect place. Although we did find the pool very busy and a little small.

In short a great hotel, what you expect from a Disney Deluxe.

My husband loves AKL and I the Floridian, so although we'll always choose those two first for future trips we heartily recommend BLT to anyone who is considering a stay there, and would happily return. :-)

Room Tip: It's worth paying the extra for Magic Kingdom view!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Torsie24
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Our family of 5 stayed at the Bay Lake Tower for four nights. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. The location is amazing, right near the Magic Kingdom.
Our check in experience was extremely slow, but that was the only real complaint I had about the hotel. We had a two bedroom bay lake view villa and it was huge. Plenty of room for our entire family. I had opted for the bay lake view but if I were to return I would probably chose the view of the Magic Kingdom instead. It is a bit pricier, and the bay lake view is actually really nice, but there is a show on the lake every night (I did not know this when I booked) that is REALLY loud, and it doesn't start until 10:15pm. The Bay Lake tower doesn't really have any amenities, other than the pool, but everything you need is just steps away in the main part of the Contemporary hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Bay Lake will hear the light show on the water every night at 10:15pm, and it is very loud.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank tor53
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We are new DVC members and stayed at BLT (our home resort) for the first time over the week leading up to New Years. We have stayed many times before at the contemporary so we were already familiar with the hotel and the layout.
As for the room itself, we were in a studio. It was much smaller than a regular hotel room but fine for our family of 3. It was adequately cleaned and when I needed an item from housekeeping it was promptly delivered.
I think in the 5 days we were there we only saw 2 staff members at the desks which was fine for us since we didn't really need anything but I could see how for others it would be bothersome.
The location is what will keep us there. The brisk 5 minute walk to the front gate of the magic kingdom is worth it's weight in gold when it's late at night with a sleepy child. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Mama_Kenji1176
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The hotel was very easy to get to using the disney bus service from airport. We carried our bags so we could have our luggage to use immediately. The lobby is very modern and clean. The elevators were fast- we never had to wait more that a minute for elevator. The beds were comfortable and disney had extra pillows in room that we requested. The linen was soft and pillows comfortable. We had the studio unit that had a queen bed and sofa bed, the only problem was if it was two couples the two were side by side not even two inches apart. For a family with 2 children this would be fine. The unit had a table and chairs and large mirror. The balcony was the best- with beautiful view of castle even though we did not have a resort view room. The mini kitchen was enough for us to make breakfast with microwave, refrig., coffee maker and toaster. It also had a vanity area across from the mini kitchen and a full length mirror in this section. It had a full bathtub/shower and sliding door for the bathroom. A full closet with door,safe,luggage stand, iron/board. There was room to store our luggage. The Tv and cabinet were modern, flat screen. We did not hear anyone in hallway,but could slightly hear the toilet flush in next room. The pool/ hot tub were nice- hot tub was perfect temperature, pool was cold in Dec. but contemporary pool next door was warm. There is a walkway between this hotel and Contemporary which brings you to the level in the Contemporary hotel with the most services. The monorail was easy to use but it goes to the other hotels first in the morning before the magic kingdom. But it is nice and close when you leave magic kingdom at night or for lunch. It is also close enough to walk to magic kingdom. Check in is located in the Contemporary hotel which is quite a walk. We did not eat at the hotel. We were also not able to book any dinner reservations for our favorite places- this was probably because disney was offering a free meal plan at the time of our trip-(we booked a few weeks before our trip). I would recommend this hotel- great for families with children. We used Alamo rental car that was close by on disney property ,they picked us up at hotel and took us to car rental office.

Room Tip: We asked for a room upgrade and we received one. Choose a 1br or 2br if 2 couples traveling together - not the studio.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple