1,861 results
All reviewsbltdvc membersmagic kingdomtheme park viewbedroom villacontempo cafemk viewgrand floridiansleeper chaircalifornia grillspace mountainfull kitchendvc propertywater paradelake view roomdisney vacation clubhome resort
Reviewed December 25, 2011

This hotel is wonderful. We were on the third floor with a Magic Kingdom view and we had a perfect view of the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom each night. We had a one bedroom villa and there were four adults and once child in the group. The bedroom had a king size bed and the living room had one chair that pulled out into a bed for one person and the couch pulled out into a bed for two people. All of the beds were comfortable. I was surprised at how comfortable the pullout beds were. There is plenty of room and having two bathrooms was very nice.

The pool was smaller than it looks in the picture but was nice. There were two lifeguards on duty all the time. The pool area had free use life vests for children if needed and plenty of towels available. There is a nice large slide the kids will enjoy and I noticed a small one for toddlers. The Disney staff built a small fire on the beach and had free marsh mellows and sticks and later at night they set up an outdoor screen and show a movie. I think they have these types of activities all year round so if you want to take it easy and still entertain the kids this is a nice way to do it. You can find a schedule at the hotel or ask the staff.

One tip..use the online check in to let them know when you will arrive. Once in a while they will have your room ready if you arrive early in the day.

Room Tip: Use the online check in service.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank SouthMississippian
Reviewed December 25, 2011

This was our first stay at this hotel. We have stayed at most of the Magic Kingdom hotels. This was our favorite room by far. We rented the 1 bedroom villa. This room was perfect for us and my daughters friend. It has a kitchen and two bathrooms. We really liked having the kitchen. You are also so close to the Magic Kingdom that it's easy to walk home after the park. You share most of the amenities with the Contrmporary but there is a nice covered walkway connecting you to that hotel. You have your own pool plus you can also use the pool at the Contemporary. Having the kitchen probably save us the extra cost of our bigger room. You can have groceries delivered to your room from Garden Grocer right to your room. We mostly ate breakfast in the room and some lunches. We will probably stay in this resort again

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Denver1967
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed at Bay Lake towers in December 2011 for a vacation and had a great time. My favorite part of Bay Lake was the location. So easy to access the magic kingdom. We really enjoyed watching the fireworks from the roof of the hotel, amazing. I also really enjoyed our balcony, even though our view wa snot of the magic Kingdom. On the downside, the showerhead is very small, you could not adjust the stream of water so it took longer to shower in order to really rinse my hair out, which is minor... but annoying. We did also have some paint chips in the bathroom and a broken toiletpaper holder, I'm not sure why that would not have been fixed. We also had a lot of little ants in the kitchen, but I guess thats normal in Florida. The only other downfall was the loud music at the pool in the afternoon. I understand they are trying to entertain the kids, but what about the little kids (and adults) that would like to take a nap in the afternoon? It's very tough to nap if youre room is in range of the pool as the bass is very loud even with door and curtain closed. Overall it was nice, not amazing, but nice.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Allison8080
Reviewed December 21, 2011

we stayed at BLT the week of Thanks giving. when we got there, we were greeted with a welcome home and a smile. The lobby clerk gave my kids stickers and joked with them. The room is spacious and has all the amenities that you can think off. This is a perfect resort for family with young kids who want to spend most of the time at Magic Kingdom. The walk to Mk only takes 8 minutes. I love the fact that you can watch the fireworks and have some drinks at the top of the lounge. This is defenitely a bonus to this resort. Chef Mickey is wonderful. We took Monorail and bus to other park and resorts also. It did not take long at all. Dinner at Arkershus (Norway) was delicious. My Kids enjoyed all the princesses there. If you plan to make a trip to Disney world, disney's dinning plan is a plus. You can make reservation ahead of time. Most of the restaurants in Epcot are delicious. You can save a lot of money too. Crystal palace is a wonderful place for kids with all the disney's characters. Over all we had a magical stay at BLT. We defenitely come back to this resort.

Room Tip: lake view is wonderful with the show at night.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The room itself Was decent. Spacious enough for our family of 5. Kitchen was well equipped with kitchen utensils. They put on a boat/lake show at night which was really neat. You can also see the fireworks from the bay lake. That is definitely a plus if you have younger children and don't want to be at the magic kingdom late. They also have chef mickeys in the contemporary, which is nice. Btw...you don't need to worry if there are no availabilities when booking your dining reservation at chef mickeys. They will get you in but it could take up to an hour and there are other things to do while waiting. They do have a game room and a couple shops to browse. The major drawback was that everything was at the contemporary hotel.
Granted there is a walking bridge, but inconvenient, especially if it's cold. The restaurants, game room, shops and monorail were at the contemporary. We didn't use the monorail much, except while going to other parks. We just walked to the magic kingdom as we found it was a lo
faster!
The pools were great and the kids enjoyed the water slides!! They do daily activities for them also, which I thought was nice. Our cleaning service did not come and we had to call numerous times. They finally showed up late afternoon. I would recommend ordering food from the grocery store as there is a fridge in the room. Overall, it was decent enough. However, if we decide to go back I think we will definitely stay at the grand Floridian.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family