“Lebanese-Italian”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Florida Mall
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Had never seen this combination before. The menu consists of Lebanese and Italian dishes. We had a kibbe appetizer, followed by lasagne and kefta!

1  Thank Jorge S

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We happened upon this restaurant by chance and think it must be the best kept dining secret in Orlando. We were with travel agent friends that eat in and judge restaurants worldwide. We all agreed that this was THE BEST MIDDLE EASTERN FOOD we have ever had. Not only is it tasty, the food is fresh and services was as friendly as it gets. The owner even offered to do breakfast for our friends, who were staying at the nearby hotel. If you live in Orlando you have got to try this place.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

We visited Maraya in July and had the most enjoyable dining experience since being in Orlando. Everything was delicious and the service was excellent. The woman who was our server was also the chef. We couldn't have been more pleased! We were unable to understand how this fine restaurant had gotten some really bad reviews, or why the place didn't have any other customers when we arrived.

We went back again in August to celebrate a special occasion. Wow...it was a 180!!! The place was so hot that we moved ourselves to a table near the fan on the "stage". The wonderful woman who had waited on and cooked for us on the previous visit was not there that night. The owner waited on us and cooked our meal. It was possibly the worst meal we've had...period. The bleu cheese filet was not as described. It was some sort oddly-smelling, thinly-slice fatty cut of beef(?) scored to help tenderize. When asked about the missing bleu cheese topping, he said he would bring a "very special topping" prepared especially for us. Yuk. It was a ball of cold cream cheese rolled in some crunchy, dried herbs. The chicken, which had been so wonderful on our previous visit, was just as disappointing.

I'm sad to say that our favorite restaurant has been moved to the absolute bottom of the list. We will never go again. The woman is a wonderful cook, but we won't risk showing up on her night off.

1  Thank HNAC
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The Food is the best we ever tasted! You could tell that the food was freshly prepared as you ordered it and that it was made with high quality ingredients. It's like gourmet Lebaneese cuisine that was reasonably priced. The service is very welcoming and the restaurant is Beautifull. Try the grilled chicken and the kaftha-Amazing! We loved the falafel !!! We dine out alot and my husband is usually kinda neutral about falfel-after I ordered for an appetizer, he took an order to go for home-it's that's good-would hate for you to miss out on this one! He ordered the baba and that was great too! My husband had Lebanees beer that he said he liked alot. I had a glass of cab that was very good as well. The waiter gave us suggestions for dessert so we ordered the chocolate cake and the kenafa. We could have just ordered one dessert and we took most of the deep chocolate cake home for breakfast the next day-it was great-I don't like overly sweet desserts that try to mask sugar for cheap ingredients-you could tell this was made from some seriously good chocolate. We ate all of the kenafa while we were there. It's served warm and was outstanding. This place is a MUST!

Reviewed June 1, 2011

Wow, this place is incredible! I have never been treated so well at any establishment. A gentleman (I assume the owner) greeted and seated us. He asked if we had any preferences then said he would just bring us some of all the most popular dishes. There was so much food and it was sooo fresh and delicious. I think we were the only customers there and I have no idea why this place wasn't packed out. Honestly, it was the freshest food I have ever eaten at a restaurant...and so flavorful. I felt that we were treated like a king and queen. It is not cheap but it is the same price you would spend at a higher end chain restaurant and so so much better. Also, there are coupons to be found. I want to get the word out about this place...I don't want another great local place to have to close it's doors.