“Relaxing calm”

Bill Frederick Park and Pool at Turkey Lake
Ranked #183 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: A family-friendly park with a swimming pool, large pavilions for group picnics, hiking trails and a playground.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We visited this park today - in the busiest week at the theme parks ive ever ever seen. A haven of tranquility and calm! We just sat out and enjoyed the sun and a picnic. The (very few!) people we met were all very friendly and we felt very safe. A wonderful day out from the madness!

All reviews
"disc golf"
in 11 reviews
"nice playground for the kids"
in 2 reviews
in 3 reviews
"outing"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This city park is a beautiful oasis close to amusement parks. It is very easy to find and access (even in a rented RV), has excellent facilities, grounds and amenities such as child playgrounds and a pool (closed in winter). Yes, it closes early so plan your day accordingly. We felt very safe walking around with our teenage daughters.

2  Thank aktraveler99
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've been to this park for recreation during the day many times when I lived in Orlando and it is great for that purpose. This was the first time I have rented a cabin there.
First, the park closes early! - 5pm. It was a busy travel day and the trip took twice as long as planned due to I75 back-ups. So I knew I would arrive after 5 and called to ask what I could do to check-in. The person told me she would leave the key with the security person and gave me his cell phone #.
We arrive at 5:20, me and my 2 children, call the #, it directs you to call another number which had an error message. So we went down to Kissimmee to see Ice! and called every 30 minutes with the same result. I continued to call the 1st # (left voice and text messages). So at 10 we returned to the park hoping someone would be in the park office (the 'security' guard). We sit at the gate forever because we do not have a code. After talking to another camper and telling them the situation they said they had never seen a security guard there. So we waited at the park office for a while but it is far from the campgrounds and as my children were tired I decided to park by the cabins/campsites and set my kids up to sleep in the car. I still continued to try to call the security person's # at least every 30 minutes until I fell asleep (about 12am). Guess who calls after 1am, the elusive 'security guard' who drove out to meet me and give me the key to the cabin. The musty cabin- we were better off in the car. I asked for the gate code, which he gives me but neglects to tell me what other buttons I need to push to open the gate. Early the next morning, I cannot get out of the park until another car came up.
The next night (full day planned, no time to try to make other arrangements) there is some creepy, burnt-out looking guy waiting outside of the restrooms for over 1 hour. He's looking around and waiting for someone that never shows because he then leaves. He has big bags under his eyes like he has never slept. Later we see him just sitting in his car, smoking, drinking, and watching the primitive camping area. He was still there, just sitting in his car smoking and looking when we returned from our evening at 9. I felt very uneasy that he saw me and my 2 small children go to the cabin alone. The curtains in the cabin do not fully cover the windows. I felt afraid because at night people could see in better than we could see out. So again I chose to sleep in the car with my 2 girls rather than feel vulnerable there. Why didn't I call the 'security guard'? Oh, I did, but this night he never answers.
So basically I paid 2 nights' cabin rental to sleep in my car.
The last morning we are there my children wanted to play on the playground before we were to leave. There were these 3 teenage lesbians making out and using foul language. When I asked them to stop they did but then walked off to another area with a much older man who was just watching them the whole time. Pimp? Very liberal father? I don't know, but I have never had such a sleazy experience at such a beautiful place. I think there is something going on there that is troubling, and with no security, probably quite dangerous.
Enjoy this park during the day- don't stay the night, especially in the cabins because you are on your own!

4  Thank g8rmom
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice walking trails with a few docks to fish off of. The petting zoo was closed unfortunately. :( only $4 a car! Not bad. There's a pool but we didn't see it. A nice playground one for the smaller children and monkey bars even tall enough for adults. Serene and relaxing. Its a shame all the parks close so early. Gates lock prompt at 5pm

1  Thank KassieDavidson