“Great Weekend Getaway!”

Ranked #24 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Minneapolis
“Great Weekend Getaway!”
Reviewed November 24, 2010

My wife and I just had a great weekend in Orlando at the Grand Cypress. The hotel was very clean and modern and very comfortable!! We both had GREAT massages at the spa and their pool area is one of the best I've ever seen! I can confirm with some of the other reviews that the pool was not heated. A few suggestions I'd have are, be patient at the front desk...they were a bit slow. Also, if you are dining here, bring your wallet, it's fairly expensive! Besides an overly expensive buffet breakfast, we utilized the hotel shuttles and some of the nearby local restauants.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
Thank you for staying with us and using the amenities of our 1500 acre resort ! Our smaller pool is heated ! It is heated to 83 degrees. It is tested daily. The temperature fluctuation is only 1 or 2 degrees so the pool is always between 82 and 84 degrees. This is not bath water.
It is nice to hear you both enjoyed the massages to feel truly relaxed.
As far as our restaurants are concerned, we have very talented chefs creating entrees that tantalize the senses of sight, smell, taste and texture. Our prices reflect the high quality product and the chef's creativity. Sit back, relax and enjoy a great evening of culinary delights and soak in the tropical atmosphere that is The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

steven.ballot@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (961)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2010

This was our second stay (after last year's) and was just as good as the first stay. After the shoddiness of our Virgin flight, the professionalism and friendliness of the staff was such a relief and is still second to none. The facilities are still first class and the place is kept in such good condition we won't ever try another hotel whilst visiting Orlando.

Just one point though - I love the casual nature of the pitch and putt course where you can just grab some clubs and stroll on at your leisure, but I think that some kind of supervision (even if by security camera) may be prudent. I had the misfortune of being on the course at the same time as a South American family who had no concept of safety or etiquette whatsoever. They were firing golf balls in all sorts of random directions, ripping the turf to shreds with multiple swings at the ball and even lying on greens and playing with their phones whilst people behind were waiting to play. At one point I happened to look up after having heard what sounded like too poweful a swing to see a golf ball flying at me, that I actually caught (before it hit me). The man who had hit the ball didn't even acknowledge that he'd done anything wrong and just carried on playing as if nothing had happened. He was lucky I didn't shove my pitching wedge down his throat.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Love the hotel,but the pool was colder than expected. My kids will swim in ice water.
I wanted to be comfortable in the pool and was not. My wife s elderly parents thought the water was a bit cool too.
Do I have to plan my next November get away to somewhere where I know the pool will be warmer ?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My family loved this hotel. You have to pay a resort fee but it is worth since you can enjoy the pool and the pedal boats by the lake. They remodeled the bedrooms and they are beautiful and confortable. The lobby is not as nice but the rest of the hotel is nice. I will recommend this hotel for families with young children.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
scotland
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We stayed in the hotel for 2 nights as all disney hotels were fully booked during the weekend we wanted to visit Epcot food and wine festival. We had never stayed here before but from the moment we checked in (free glass of champagne) we felt so relaxed and it was the perfect start to our vacation. I cant remember the name of the girl at check in, she was a trainee and her service was excellent and my partner and I rarely say this. Everyone in the hotel was frienfly, the housekeeping staff raised there heads to say hello each time you passed.

We ended up disappointed that we did not spend longer in the hotel, the pool and lake looked perfect. What I didnt get was if the resort fee is compulsory then why not just add t to your room rate? $20 per room sound like good value but you did already pay for your room in the hotel why cant you use the facilities in the hotel?

We ate in the White Horse, food was excellent and even on a Fri night at 7pm only a 10 min wait for a table. Also ate in Hemingways and that was some of the best seafood I have ever eaten! We had a club room so had breakfast and some soft drinks upstairs. Unless you plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel then I wouldnt pay for a club room again but the view from the balcony was great.

The only thing I didnt really like was the spa. It was windowless and cramped, I've been to better. Free parking was also a total bonus

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank holidaymadScotland
florida
Reviewed November 1, 2010

This is an oasis among the chaos of Disney... this property is right of I4, minutes from everything. The $20 resort fee includes the Kayaks, gym and all the activities around the hotel (which was plenty). The pools were fantastic and catered to everyone..adults quiet area, heated pool with small slide and another pool with larger slide. The rooms were great size, renovated and great bathroom amenities. Poolview was fantastic, at night you can see the fireworks from Epcot and Disney.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Ronit N
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
Thank you for discovering all we have to offer. We appreciate your business and are glad you had a great time. Please come back soon and thanks for letting the TripAdvisor readers know that the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is the place to stay when coming to Orlando !

Ludhiana, India
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. The room was not cleaned on the second stay of stay. On the third day I had to call the duty manager to get the room cleaned. I never such a bad experience in my life. It is such a beautiful property but the staff has a very callous attitude.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, November 3, 2010
I can only surmise that you brought these issues to our attention as soon as possible. I have no way to verify the issues but I can say we have a very caring staff. We go out of our way to make sure all our guests have an exceptional stay. If you would like to go into more detail, please send the information to me and I will make sure you are satisfied with the result.