Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
$212
$388
$303
Hotwire.com
Disney's Pop Century Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$204
TripAdvisor
6,035 results
All reviewsresort feepitch and puttpaddle boatsrock climbing wallself parkingheated poolbeautiful hoteldisney fireworksper daysliding doorfire pittennis courtsdisney worldnear disneyorlando areagreat poolfitness center
Reviewed July 26, 2007

For about $225 a night, including the $15 resort fee, we stayed at one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in in the U.S. Decorated in Thai art, and designed with a zen-like feel, this is a beautiful hotel with 3 pools open 24 hours, 3 pool slides, small boat and bike rentals included, an equestrian center, at least 4 places to eat, a pitch and putt course, hammocks, padded pool chairs, a bar in the pool under a shaded grotto, I could go on and on. It felt like whoever designed it really thought out what would make guests comfortable. There are numerous outdoor places to sit, there is a well-stocked store, the food is very good, there are more pool chairs than anyone could need and many umbrellas. They have a shack next to the pool that rents floating lounges and other flotation devices and sells sunblock. There is sculpture and art work everywhere. I like nice hotels -- when I have a choice -- and I was just so pleased ... Great golf course.

Of course, I had just come from Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort (see my review), so the Hyatt could do little wrong. But I can honestly say that the service was as close to a Four Seasons hotel experience as I have had (outside of a Four Seasons). Just stellar. I am an explorer, and rarely stay at the same place twice, but I left wondering why I would stay anywhere else in Orlando and with the desire to return.

Cons? if I must. The room is not big. But our "garden view", lowest priced room had panoramic unobstructed views of Orlando. The hotel is showing some wear and tear, but it didn't bother me!

This is more of a convention hotel, so you will not have the shear volume of kids and the family feel that other hotels in the area have. But mom and dad were in a much better mood at the Hyatt (than at the Disney hotel)! And at my kids' ages, they didn't notice. There were enough kids in the pool for them.

HYATT, READ THIS: As an animal lover, and as a 3 parrot owner, I didn't appreciate the exotic birds on display for 8 hours a day in the lobby on perches eating seeds (should be on a pellet diet) with nothing to do but have kids try to touch them all day. Looked like parrot purgatory.

Other than this, I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2007
9  Thank NYCBushbaby
Reviewed July 26, 2007

the hotel was really amazing we were there on our 1st wedding anniversary and the hotel upgraded us for free to one of their luxury suites free of charge. the whole hotel was really fantastic and the food was great, staff were just outstanding and really helpful. Transport links to all parks are great with exception to downtown disney as their is no buses direct to downtown disney that was the only negative everything else was fab and we will definately be going back again soon. Hotel is exceptionally clean and service is great!! definately recommend it. Just to let you know you will have to pay a resort daily fee of $11 per day for use of amenities such as bike hire and pool, towels, water activities etc which must be paid whether you use them or not but its well worth it as a great choice of activities.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank michellejohnston07
Reviewed July 25, 2007

I can only confirm that all the good things you have heard about this hotel are true. It might look a bit dated but it still casts a mighty presence on the skyline. Always make sure you book ahead as this place will get full, especially at the weekends and when it is hosting a large conference, but even when full the facilities like the pool never seem to be crowded. The staff are fantastic. I had to call maintenance once as our safe would not open. Before I called I started to make a cup of coffee using the in-room coffee machine and the safe had been fixed before it was ready to drink! That was fast service!
Only downsides to the hotel are miniscule. When busy it seemed imposible to get a lift to stop on the second floor and the self-park car park did get over full and we had to park on the (private) road one night.
If you intend to visit Disney and want to spend a few days at the hotel relaxing and using the facilities then his place offers better value for money than many of the cheep and chearful motels you find around.
Excellent for business or leisure, families or couples I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tewkesbury_Local
Reviewed July 15, 2007

We have stayed here many times over the years, always loved it. The hotel is older but so beautifully maintained. The staff is very professional and helpful. The hotel and rooms are very nicely decorated and very clean. My kids love the parrots in the lobby. The grounds are amazing. What we love most about the hotel is the pool. We happily spend days in the huge pool, love the rock formations and the "caverns" where you can shelter from the sun. The kids love the water slides and the waterfalls. We enjoy it just as much at night, especially the hot tubs in the grottos. There are plenty of lounge chairs and many umbrellas, and palm trees for shade. We also enjoy riding the bikes around the resort, the horse back trail rides (book these ahead-they fill up), the boating on the lake, the hammocks over looking the lake, and cooking smores at the camp fire on the weekend nights. There is also a small rock climbing wall now. It is possible to stay here on a budget. Some tips to keep prices down; check the Hyatt specials online, and eat at the pool side cafe called the Palms which is open from breakfast until 9pm. It is nice & air conditioned inside, and you can sit inside or at tables under umbrellas outside. At the Palms fresh fruit is $1 per piece, triple decker grilled cheese sandwiches w/ fries are ~ $5.00, and a large 16" pizza to go is only $13.50- the same pizza from room service cost me $30.00. We usually request a room from which we can see the fireworks at Disney, so that we can watch them from our balcony at 9pm. We really love this hotel, and it is our destination when we go to Orlando- while the theme parks are nearby & there is a shuttle to them, we just love to stay at the hotel and enjoy the amenities.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank imbusy
Reviewed July 12, 2007

The hotel lived up to the reviews I had read prior to our trip. The pool was beautiful and easily entertained our 6 year old and us! The restaurant choices onsite served good food, but were pricey. One dinner for us (2 adults & child) at Whitehorse was $130. So we dined at places within walking distance or a $10 towncar drop off.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family