7,073 results
All reviews resort fee pitch and putt paddle boats rock climbing wall self parking heated pool beautiful hotel disney fireworks per day sliding door tennis courts grounds are beautiful fire pit near disney disney world orlando area fitness center
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2007

We stayed as a family, 2 adults and 2 children (6 and 7yrs). This was our first time in a hotel near Disney as we usually rent villa accommodation. We were greated warmly by the front desk with a glass of sparkling wine (for the adults!) while the children tried to encourage the macaws to talk back to them.
We had booked a Regency Club room which included buffet breakfast and evening snacks and beverages. The room was comfortable and overlooked the pool and further overlooked Disney so we got to see the fireworks every night we were in.
The pool is fantastic, the kids loved the slide. There is a small slide which is not manned by hotel staff, or a larger slide in the bigger pool which is carefully manned whilst open.
The self parking was free, which was a surprise to us, and the walk through the conference lobby, up the escalator to the main lobby was no bother at all. The elevators were busy and we did have to wait. Its a shame some other nationality guests didnt understand the idea that other people were also waiting and decided to barge in the first elevator regardless of the line formed, but nothing that I could complain about. We were on vacation so no point getting stressed over little matters!
There is a "general store" on the lower level near the door to the pool area, it has limited hours so if you want some drinks, buy them during the day and keep them in your room or ice bucket. We didnt need to do this very often as the Regency Club lounge had drinks available all day, so were were well stocked up!
The bus transport to the theme parks was good, punctual and comfortable. Nice coaches with the hotel name painted in big letters all over them. The bus driver told people at each park there he would be picking up, some didnt bother to listen and no doubt missed the return but the driver was polite about it all.
Our kids took a trial pony riding lesson on the hotel grounds, a short minibus ride around the roadway and we were at the centre, $20 for once around the paddock may seem expensive but the kids have never been on anything other than a donkey at Blackpool which costs in the region of $5 (depends on exchange rate), and they were on holiday too.
Our son was ill one night in the room, and we needed to change the bedding. At 2am we called down and within minutes housekeeping had come to the room with a barrow to take the dirty linen, and a whole set of new linen. They even offered to make the bed up for us, but we did it for speed. Could not fault the staff at all, the Regency Club hosts were brilliant, the front of house staff and even door men were all polite and friendly.
Needless to say we have booked again for this summer, in the Regency Club for my wifes 40th. Really looking forward to it.

Date of stay: June 2006
11  Thank Clubworldfan
Reviewed February 25, 2007

I stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress for a business meeting in February and had a splendid time. The weather was perfect and the hotel offered an array of things to do: lounge by the pool, go kayaking, jog on the running trails.

Just a few negative comments: for such an impressive hotel, why such a small, poorly lit Health Center? Also, I would have appreciated a full-service spa rather than a few dingy treatment rooms in the locker room. As for food, the veggie burger I ordered at the Palm Cafe was as dry as cardboard--I could barely swallow it!

Other than those comments, no complaints. Had a great dinner at La Coquina (I highly recommend the paella!), breakfast at Hemingways (nice fresh fruit), breakfast at Cascade (tip, order from the menu--it's tastier than the breakfast buffet). Also ordered a huge pizza, served piping hot from room service. A bit of a wait for my order, but it was worth it!

6  Thank mlm2126
Reviewed February 24, 2007

Yes, this hotel is pricey but worth every penny. Luxury all the way.
Plenty of pools and hot tubs so you dont feel crowded. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. Get the pool view room its worth the extra few dollars. Oh dont for get your free champagne at the check it desk. Sweet :)

Hemmingways was so nice. The food was fantastic. Get something quick for the kids at the food court. Watch those chicken wigs they are HOT!

So much to do for fun there. Waterslides, gameroom, gym and spa, boating and spa services.

Only stayed one night and wished I coulkd stay all week

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank 2LAZY
Reviewed February 24, 2007

This hotel itself is great, the facility, activities, restaurant, etc. However, if you are here as a family vacation, you'll encounter many problems... The staff are very nice and services are good but....where do I start... First, for the hotel which has so many, and I mean so many, business conferences, there is NO Free internet access. For the hotel like this, it's a joke not to have free internet access this day and age. Second, they have so many business meeting and reception that if there are events going on, they close the activities(such as boat ride, bike ride, etc) early and kick you off from the area. We got kicked out of boat ride since there were reception starting that evening. Third, the little food shop(called general store) doesn't open until 11am and closes at 7pm....if you wanted some snack or drink...you are out of luck unless you want to order overpriced room service. THERE ARE NO VENDING MACHINES.....PERIOD. I guess they expect you to pay for the overpriced mini-bar beverages(they ask you if you want the key for the mini-bar...I didn't get it). This hotel expect you to get deep into your wallet. It is very unfortunate since the hotel itself is so beautiful and the views are spectacular. You can see the Disney's fireworks everynight(yes, bothe Magic Kingdom and Epcot Fireworks). I also had some issues with Food and Beverage credit I was suppose to get which finally got resolved after complaining. If you are looking to book a hotel close to disney as a family vaction, I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel. If you are there for business meeting and everything is paid for, you are lucky because this is probably one of the best hotel to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ichiro51
Reviewed February 24, 2007

I booked this hotel because it was the #1 hotel for romance in Tripadvisor's reviews. The resort is beautiful. We were greeted warmly when we pulled up(not the case at our next hotel.) I expected this from a 5 star hotel and I was not mistaken.
The room was nice but the balcony is very small. We had a view of the lake and beach. We would have explored the grounds and recreation areas more but it was cold in Florida that weekend. I was disappointed that we did not get in the pool and hot tub but that has to do with mother nature and not the hotel. The resort was not that crowded so we had no problems with the elevators.
We ate at Hemmingway's, delicious food and relaxed atmosphere, made for a very relaxing and romantic evening. The next morning we had breakfast in bed and room service was great. The server that delivered our meal was gracious and made sure we had everything we needed. Service at the resort was excellent, from when we first pulled up to the hotel, to when we left. The valet made sure we had bottles of water for our long journey to the next hotel(5 miles away)!LOL!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple