We have stayed at the lovely hotel many times before and looked forward to our latest trip - oh how things have changed!
No drinking water in the rooms unless it comes from the bathroom faucet (the cold just about dribbled out).
Plates from food took 3 days to be removed from our room, a cup we used on our first day was still there when we checked out!
No champagne on check in as usual - cost cutting obviously
The new Regency club is a disaster - the old staff don't like it. The room was not manned all the time, therefore kids ran in and out to use the computers even though they had to be accompanied by responsible adults at all times. It used to be such a warm friendly lounge with the concierge there to greet you - now the desk is empty and you only see the ladies at breakfast or the evening. As one staff member told us - she is no more than a glorified busser, which was not the job she signed on for. On the first day the door was not closed and anyone could walk in (so much for being in the hotel's words "exclusive" We waited 20 minutes on the first day before we went to tackle a waiter for a drink, 12 minutes the second day, trying to get a refill took just as long. When we complained he said "he hadn't noticed us" - isn't that part of his job? The new outside patio, which we were told was a great place to watch Disney's fireworks from closed as the first firework was set off at 9:00pm. Adults only hour has disapeared. The chairs on the "food bar" section are so small that you can hit your chin on the bar. The room is closed for 2 hours in the afternoon to restock ( goodness knows with what), between the hours of 3 and 5 - just the sort of time you would want to go and use it..... One afternoon the snacks consisted of 6 dried up cookies - and yes I do have pictures to send to head office. The automated coffee machine ran out of milk so we had to wait for 15 minutes while a fresh gallon of milk was brought up from the bowels of the hotel. They ran out of wine glasses one day - it is like a scene from a bad sitcom - the list just goes on and on - and for all this "enjoyment and exclusivity" we had to pay extra - well no more! We work hard for our money and we will not spend it with companies that have no repect for their guests
A "manager" came in and asked if everything was OK and when we replied "no" he said "oh OK" - obviously he had been to customer service training! There were two other guests in the room at the time who had stayed at least annually for many years, and they told him the same thing - service is appalling and they will not be returning next year.
We talked to other guests ithout mentioning our displeasure and they all freely said the service was bad and they were not happy. Why have Hyatt spent this huge sum on refurbishing this hotel only to cut corners and have standards drop.
There appeared to be several new "managers" in the hotel and frankly they all need to go.
The only bright spot in this whole sorry story was the check in staff and David Wittish - who shined as always - put him in charge, and maybe he can knock this hotel back into shape.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando