“Amazing Hotel and Property”

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Ranked #30 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Il
“Amazing Hotel and Property”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

This property is just amazing- from the rooms to the restaurants. Service was flawless and the rooms recently renovated and beautiful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and bring the family.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (976)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed April 17, 2010

This hotel has everything.Quiet location , close to all of Disney World ,resort feeling as it has pools waterslides, bikes, pitch and putt, a climbing wall and sailing boats on its own lake and all this is included in the resort price .
If you do not wish to eat in the hotel within walking distance(about 7 mins ) are all the family restaurants and shops you would need.
The only criticism I have is that the hotel bus goes to Magic Kingdom in the morning and does not return until 7.30 pm.
The staff were very helpful and our 3 rooms were excellent especially the 2 joining for younger children , they had plenty of room. We could all see the fireworks in the evening.

Utrecht
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Great hotel, we just stayed too short. They offer so many services: a very big and ordinary swimming pool, tennis lanes, a golf course and a large lake for sailing or other water activities. They even got jogging parcours at their terrain. And there still is more!

Rooms are just excellent: large with a big bed, a couch, a balcony and a superb bathroom. Everything has been well maintained and cleaned good. Service is also of a very high level. Really wanna go back there!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I booked adjoining rooms here for our family of four based on the reviews. While the rate was excellent (AAA plus a discounted second family rate for the second room) I have to say, unfortunately you get what you pay for. Previously we had a wonderful stay in the Disney Wilderness Villas and those were prohibitively expensive during this high season time. This hotel was just average--and many parts were aging. The rooms were nicely renovated with pretty modern bathrooms. The sliding doors that serve the double purpose of closet and bathroom doors were a NIGHTMARE with a toddler and preschooler. I thought we were going to have an amputation and without a lock there is no privacy whatsoever. I laughed at prior reviews that dwelled on the door set up but they did prove to be a real problem! The pool area, while the water slides kept my 7 yr old busy, was really dated and not great. There is NO baby pool, which we didn't expect and not great for a hotel billed as an oasis for families. Restaurants were dated, uninspiring menus and mediocre food. The service was very good (with the exception of the crabby women working in the little carry out restaurant and grocery area near the pool--they were like prison matron personalities). Bellhops, valet parkers and front desk were very pleasant and ready to serve. Overall, I would not stay here again -- the hotel just felt to "tired" and the pool was not nicely done (the pool bar was downright gross). Also the fire pit and smores for kids was a joke--it was like a cement hole near the pool and nobody could figure out where to buy the smores. Overall, much nicer on the website than in execution.

1 Thank michfromdc
Michigan
Reviewed April 14, 2010

You won't be disappointed with this resort while planning a trip to Disney with your family. It is as close as most of the disney resorts and provides excellent service as a complete high quality resort. The pool area is outstanding and includes two water slides for the kids. It has a multitude of chairs to lounge while the kiddies are playing and also includes a beach with its own small lake. There is a bar within the pool area available for food and drinks as well as a restaurant directly off of the pool area. There are also hotel staff who will deliver your food and drink directly to your poolside chairs and charge it to your room! A climbing rock wall, golf, bikes, boats and much much more are all included with the daily 'resort' fee which is completely worth it. The employees were friendly and made sure we were always happy. There is also a starbucks coffee house in the lobby which is an excellent addition to any hotel in my opinion. The breakfast buffet within the hotel was also amazing and the most incredible waiter even had the entire dining room sing happy birthday to my six year old with a personalized plate of goodies (written in a chocolate script). I was more than satisfied with this resort and stay - I was absolutely impressed. I positively know that this would be THE place I would stay if I were lucky enough to return to Orlando. My only complaint is that with Disney so close and only seven days to stay we didn't get enough time to spend at this amazing resort for our vacation! Thank you Hyatt Grand Cypress for making our trip one of the most memorable family vacations I am sure we will ever have.

Michigan
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We have stayed at numerous resorts and hotels in the Orlando area, and this one won it as one of our favorites. We liken it to one of the Disney Deluxe Resorts, minus the Mice, as my hubby put it, which was just fine with our teenager. There is so much to do here, its a shame to just stay at the parks and not spend a few days here. We spent all of our time in the parks, and wished we had a few extra days just to hang out at the resort. The customer service was wonderful, and I did not find the tipping to be excessive at all. Someone else posted about the walk in from self parking, again we did not find it to be bad. If you want a long haul stay at the Marriott World Center, terrible there. The food at the White Horse was good and the grounds were beautiful, so many pools, so many hottubs, so little time....
We will be back, great stay.

maryland
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I'm going to do my best to give a fair review here. After all the research I did selecting this hotel, I want to help others with this post. Let me first say that while I'm not a seasoned world traveler, I've stayed at some pretty nice hotels in my time (Atlantis, The Breakers, Ritz, Princeville Kaui)--so I know a thing or two about quality service and don't mind spending high $$ when it's worth it.

First the good stuff. There are three large beautiful pools with water slides and waterfalls ((great for kids)). There is a beach area by the lake with FREE bike, kayak, and paddle boats to use. Running trails. Pitch and put golf. There is a rock climbing wall (only open 12-3) and various kids activities throughout the day. The service staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean. Grounds are beautiful.

As for the bad/ugly: This place is BIG TIME expensive--and I'm not quite sure why! Be prepared to spend 16$ (NOT including "service charge" or tip) for a salad served on a paper plate. I have NO ISSUES DROPPING SOME CASH ON VACATION, but if I'm eating a 20$ salad, it better be amazing--and this was not. If you like to drink by the pool, your gonna spend at least 6 dollars (w/o tip) for a beer 12$ or more for a mixed drink.

There is ONE heated pool (82degrees)--the other two are FREEZING (62 degrees). With this said, you better reserve yourself a chair by the heated pool EARLY if you want a spot where you can watch your kids! Some people had their chairs staked out before 7 am!

ALL FOOD AND DRINK OUTSIDE/BY THE POOL SHUTS DOWN BY 6PM!!?? If you plan on enjoying an "inexpensive dinner" by the pool ((like the infamous 20$ salad)) you can forget it. There is nothing else casual/inexpensive to choose unless you have a Dominos pizza delivered to the pool area. I don't know about you, but trying to get three tired kids to behave at one of their two upscale resturants after a day at the park would be a nightmare, so make other arrangements if you are back in time for dinner/cocktails. This was the worst part for us, as we love to sit by the pool until late in the evening and watch the kids play while having some drinks and casual dinners. It didn't happen here.

There are smokers in the hotel--and you will smell it in the halls. I have read other posts on this site that support this claim.

Finally, review every bill--they overcharged us once at the White Horse Resturant, and then overcharged us by TWO DAYS at checkout! Glad my husband recognized the error or we would have overpaid by over 500$$ !!!!

Overall--pretty nice place, but we won't be back. If I had to do over, I'd probably try the Ritz/JW Marriott or go back to a Disney Property for the $$ we spent.

3 Thank jennsabell