I am a Travel Agent and just returned from the Hyatt Grand Cypress. I have to say that it excelled in all areas. When I travel, I
pay close attention to details. The service was excellant. The rooms were beautiful! I look for stains, dirt, dust, broken things, etc. The beds had white covers and they were immaculate. Not 1 spot! The carpets were clean, the bathroom was clean.
The restaurants were a bit pricy, we drove to other restaurants in the area. The resort fee is well worth it. There is alot to do on the property. They have different types of boats, bikes, and golf. Bring your own rafts and balls for the pool, they are very pricy to purchase at the hotel. You also have to rent the innertubes for $5. They have a game room. There is a Walmart and Walgreens down the street if you need to buy beer, treats or soda for the room. If you are a budget traveler, be careful, things cost good amounts here. If it is affordable for you, I highly suggest it. The grounds are beautiful. If your looking for good cheap deals, this may not be the place for you. remember- you get what you pay for.
The shuttle to Sea World had only 2 departure times and 1 pick up time at the end of the day. I think they should modify this and have 2 pick up times, 4:30pm and 6:20pm. We were done early and were stuck at the park until 6:35pm.
Use the self-parking at the hotel. It is worth it.
The resort grounds are very expansive. Be prepared to do some walking.
This is a wonderful hotel, they do everything they could to make sure your stay was pleasant. They do have conventions going on often. This is an upper class hotel, and it is beautiful.
I hope this gave you a feel for the type of hotel we are talking about here. I can't comment on the Disney shuttle, we didn't use it this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando