We stayed from July 4-11. Our week began great. The hotel has great swimming pool and recreation facilities. The kids really loved the riding stables. Our vacation went bad after three days. The pool area was plaqued with petty crime. six guest had personal items stolen from the pool (cameras, clothes, purse). We witnessed a man trying to do the same to us while we swam. The remainder of the week we had to keep someone at the umbrella to watch. We also returned to our room to find it open. (maybe the maid left it, but still open for anyone to get in). Nothing was taken. We had a horrible time getting an elevator. It sometimes took a 1/2 hour to get one to go down to the lobby. We had to take dark stairways that brought you to the back of the hotel and walk around to the front to get your car from valet. (why am i paying $15 for valet)
The hotel blammed in on a local beauty contest that was being held in the ballroom. Many people staying in one room or using the hotel to change. This created a problem at the pool as well. We saw many swimmers leaving to go to their cars in bathing suits (apparently not guest of the hotel) Not what you expect from a 4 star hotel.
Although the security gate at the hotel checks all cars as they go in, you can just say you want to go to the restaurant and they let you in. Not a good situation.
The rooms were OK, not worth the $$$, but the facilites (golf, horse stables and tennis) were great.
It is a shame, but I will never stay at this hotel again. Not worth the frustration and definitely a crime problem that they can't control.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando