Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
$345
$309
$125
$110
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$174
Travelocity
$311
$286
HotelsClick
Disney's Pop Century Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$204
TripAdvisor
5,978 results
All reviewsresort feepitch and puttpaddle boatsrock climbing wallself parkingheated poolbeautiful hoteldisney fireworksper daysliding doorfire pittennis courtsdisney worldnear disneyorlando areagreat poolfitness center
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed March 12, 2005

Great hotel. I stayed with my wife and 4 year old daughter while we visited The Magic Kingdom. It was a perfect complement to Disney as you could get away to a quieter upscale hotel that was not overrun with children. The location is convenient to MK and good restraunts. Service was excellent, beautiful grounds and pools, and clean nicely maintained rooms.
I thought the health club was a little small, but friendly staff to answer questions about some of the equipment.
I would consider staying again- curious about Ritz and JW Marriott as well though.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
19158
Reviewed January 21, 2005

The Grand Cypress is spectacluar, however there's lots of points that let it down. The lobby staff aren't overly friendly, the atmosphere is bland and pretentious and the location is in a distinctly dogdy area.

The good points are it's pool area and cafe by the pool. However, the staff are very discourteous.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 10, 2005

Took the family on a 7 day Orlando vacation. Spent 2 free nights at the Hawthorn Suites Universal (with Hyatt Gold Points) and spent the last 5 days at the Hyatt Grand Cypress. We are a family of 4 (2 daughters ages 15 and 12) and we liked this resort alot. We booked a Garden View double and was upgraded to a pool/lake view room. The patio door was not air tight (they that happened to alot of patio doors during the hurricanes) and they offered another room or someone can tape it shut and quiet. Because we were already unpacked we chose to stay.
The lobby is beautiful complete with parrots , Christmas Tree, Big Monorah, sliding elevators in a beautiful high atrium. The grounds were also quite stunning. The weather was pretty cool this holiday season - mostly in the 60s and low 70s with cool winds so we were not able to use the pools as much as we liked. But the huge pool was unheated so we swam in the heated smaller pool with a smaller slide and used the jucuzzi's as well. The $13pd resort fee covered the pools/newspaper/shuttle service to the parks (universal too) and boats (sail, peddle, kayak, aqua, ) and bikes and family bikes for 4 as well as mini golf-what a deal! Self parking was free.
In sum I recommend this beautiful resort if you are staying in the Orlando area but don't want to be on the Disney Properties or the 3 resorts at Universal.

19  Thank Steviek49
Reviewed December 25, 2004

Obviously, like everyone else, we loved this place. The only word of advice that I can add is that you should try to get an upgrade to the Regency Club. The nicest of any Hyatt I've stayed at. Ditto what everyone else has had to say about the pool. I snuck in the last time I was in Orlando and the company stuck me at another hotel.

3  Thank Layover
Reviewed December 15, 2004

My husband, myself and my daughter saved for 3 years to spoil ourselves with a really nice Orlando vacation. We picked this hotel because of the great reviews here and because it had the most awesome pool. We arrived Dec 2 and stayed until the 9th.
Our arrival had us with our mouths agape. We walked into the atrium lobby in the evening and it was so unbelievably gorgeous! An 18 story atrium lobby with palm trees, poinsettias, and a huge Christmas tree all lit up. It was magical. Check in was speedy. We had a great bellman who took us to our room and showed my 9 year old daughter the sights you can see from the hall windows including MK. She was mostly excited about the pool which looked totally awesome at night.
In the morning, the first thing we noticed was that we seemed to be the only family there on vacation. This hotel is a convention center so there were convention people (mostly men) everywhere and dressed in business casual or suits. We had self parked and the shortest way to the parking lot was through the convention hall. We felt kind of funny dressed in our "ready for a day at Disney" attire which included sneakers, hats and fanny packs. We realized that this place was not as family friendly as we had hoped. We wanted a place that wasn't overloaded with kids and babies, but this place was nearly all adult.
Being a Mom, I was surprised to find out that guest laundry meant, give us your first born and we'll wash your undies. Folding is extra! There was no self service laundry which was something I had counted on since we were staying a whole week. Everything in the hotel is expensive. We ate out on the strip every day and night especially since our child is a picky eater and we didn't want to spend a lot on her meal and have her not eat it.
The greatest thing about this hotel is that the grounds are simply amazing. From the lobby to the pool, everywhere you look you see the most beautful landscaping and statues. The pool is an attraction all of its own. It has waterfalls and grottos and bubbly hot tubs. Unfortunately the main pool was simply too cold to swim in even when it was 85 degrees out. The pool temp was only 68 and nobody dared go in. There was a smaller heated pool that my daughter got to swim in, but she was really looking forward to the big pool. That was a big disappointment. So I wouldn't recommend the pool after Sept or Oct.
Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful especially the bellmen, the wait staff and groundspeople. The desk staff were not as warm and fuzzy. The room was very pretty. You have to like green though! Lighting in the bathroom was a bit dim, but it was very clean and well appointed with a close-up mirror, a scale, full size toiletries, hairdryer and fluffy towels. Very nice.
The hotel is right near the entrance to DW. MK and DDD are just a few minutes away. The hotel shuttle didn't run at times we needed so we took our car everywhere we went and paid for parking, so I wouldn't count on the shuttles too much.
All in all this place is luxurious and truly beautiful. However, if you are a family planning a vacation, I would recommend a luxury Disney Hotel which has similar amenities but a more family friendly atmosphere. We felt that this place is more for adults and conventioners. Great for a wedding or a honeymoon though.

• Stayed: December 2004