My husband, myself and my daughter saved for 3 years to spoil ourselves with a really nice Orlando vacation. We picked this hotel because of the great reviews here and because it had the most awesome pool. We arrived Dec 2 and stayed until the 9th.
Our arrival had us with our mouths agape. We walked into the atrium lobby in the evening and it was so unbelievably gorgeous! An 18 story atrium lobby with palm trees, poinsettias, and a huge Christmas tree all lit up. It was magical. Check in was speedy. We had a great bellman who took us to our room and showed my 9 year old daughter the sights you can see from the hall windows including MK. She was mostly excited about the pool which looked totally awesome at night.
In the morning, the first thing we noticed was that we seemed to be the only family there on vacation. This hotel is a convention center so there were convention people (mostly men) everywhere and dressed in business casual or suits. We had self parked and the shortest way to the parking lot was through the convention hall. We felt kind of funny dressed in our "ready for a day at Disney" attire which included sneakers, hats and fanny packs. We realized that this place was not as family friendly as we had hoped. We wanted a place that wasn't overloaded with kids and babies, but this place was nearly all adult.
Being a Mom, I was surprised to find out that guest laundry meant, give us your first born and we'll wash your undies. Folding is extra! There was no self service laundry which was something I had counted on since we were staying a whole week. Everything in the hotel is expensive. We ate out on the strip every day and night especially since our child is a picky eater and we didn't want to spend a lot on her meal and have her not eat it.
The greatest thing about this hotel is that the grounds are simply amazing. From the lobby to the pool, everywhere you look you see the most beautful landscaping and statues. The pool is an attraction all of its own. It has waterfalls and grottos and bubbly hot tubs. Unfortunately the main pool was simply too cold to swim in even when it was 85 degrees out. The pool temp was only 68 and nobody dared go in. There was a smaller heated pool that my daughter got to swim in, but she was really looking forward to the big pool. That was a big disappointment. So I wouldn't recommend the pool after Sept or Oct.
Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful especially the bellmen, the wait staff and groundspeople. The desk staff were not as warm and fuzzy. The room was very pretty. You have to like green though! Lighting in the bathroom was a bit dim, but it was very clean and well appointed with a close-up mirror, a scale, full size toiletries, hairdryer and fluffy towels. Very nice.
The hotel is right near the entrance to DW. MK and DDD are just a few minutes away. The hotel shuttle didn't run at times we needed so we took our car everywhere we went and paid for parking, so I wouldn't count on the shuttles too much.
All in all this place is luxurious and truly beautiful. However, if you are a family planning a vacation, I would recommend a luxury Disney Hotel which has similar amenities but a more family friendly atmosphere. We felt that this place is more for adults and conventioners. Great for a wedding or a honeymoon though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando