“Incredible!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Ranked #23 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Incredible!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2004

This was SO!!!!!!! incredible!!!! My mom and dad brought my brother and I here for the summer!!! It was better than what I thought it would be!!!!! The ambiance of the rooms... The spectacular views of the lake, or the beach, just exquisite!!!!! the hotel workers are just so!!!!!!! nice!!!!!! They treat you like royalty!!!!! and the pool!!!!! I couldn't resist my self!!!!!! it is so!!!!! big!!!!!!! 1 acre for a pool!!!!! just a pool!!!!! so many activities going on!!!!!! horse back riding, tennis, swimming, swimming (on the beach) golf!!!!!! so beautiful!!!!!!!! There are much more!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!! and I am going to make sure no matter what, I will come back!!!!!!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (937)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2004

This is a great resort to stay at with the family. Nice restaurants, excellent pool area, hot tubs, boating on the man made lake, golf, bicycles, tennis, gymnasium, camp Hyatt for the kids, games room. All in all plenty of things to do in a higher end and clean environment. The grounds are meticulously kept and they even include shuttle service to all major theme parks as well as all over the 1500 acres that the hotel sits on. Highly recommended when staying in Orlando. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2004
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2004

We visited from Aug 26-30, 2004.
This is perhaps the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at and would highly reccomend it to anyone. Overall I was pleased with no major complaints.
Great location, close to Disney. Upon check-in we were offered a complimentary glass of orange juice or wine. Beautiful, tropical, open-aired lobby with glass elevators and Parrots that great you. The pool area was like a huge oasis paradise, and it is open 24 hours which is almost unheard of. The pool is unlike any other I have ever seen, complete with caves, waterfalls, slides, and hidden jacuzzis. The room was clean, with a well stocked mini-bar. We didn't hear any racket from the neighbors and the housekeeping was excellent. High quality soap and shampoo/conditioner in bathroom. TV had a wide selection of pay per view movies. The entire staff was super friendly.

CONS: Welcome to Orlando, everything in this super hotel is super expensive, including the valet service (which we did use once before we realized the parking was not that far away). The mini-bar in the room was a bit on the high side, but it was reasonable. What isn't reasonable is the $15 a day resort fee and $2.50 for a bottled water in a hotel cafe. While the hotel was beautiful, and the room was nice, the room was kind of small and average, it would have been nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room (there was none). The balcony was nice, but very small and nowhere or room to sit.

Conclusion: This hotel is worth the money if you plan on using the pool or other resort amenities, otherwise I would stay somewhere with a larger room.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sunderland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2004

My family and I stayed here for the final four days of our vacation from 16-19 August 2004.
Everything about the hotel was fantastic from the complimentary champagne at reception to the magnificent resort grounds and pools. We had a wonderful time and would return anytime. It is clear that you are staying at a top class resort as everything is maintained to a high standard and the staff look after your every need. We would return anytime.

3 Thank Radler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2004

We booked this hotel as an alternative to Disney for a 2 week stay during the first two weeks of August 2004. After booking, we looked at the reviews on Tripadvisor and whilst impressed with the overall ratings were very nearly put off by the various comments on the pool temperature as we intended spending time in and around the pool.

We decided to go ahead and enjoyed a superb two weeks at the hotel. There was no problem with the pool which was as good as the brochure suggests; the grounds are fantastic and the location excellent. Every member of the staff was very friendly and courteous and went the extra mile to make the stay enjoyable from the very minute we arrived and booked in to checking out.

During our stay Hurricane Charley hit Orlando; this was again superbly handled by the hotel and again the staff worked very hard to ensure guests still received the best possible level of servce and friendliness during a very difficult time going on until after midnight.

Restaurant prices are expensive but good deli type food is available at reasonable prices in the Palm Cafe.

We would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a quality hotel and holiday experience.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Superior Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2004

We stayed here with our family the end of May. The rooms were clean and bright. The grounds were beautiful. The drinks and food are WAY overpriced. $8 for a a drink by the pool. We asked for a fridge in our room and went to the liquor store and bought our own booze! We were going to go to Sunday brunch but the price was $50 per person. No breaks for kids even! No wonder there were Lambrogini's and Ferraris in the parking lot! The small pool was heated but the big pool was not ! No one was in the big pool so the small pool got to be overcrowded and very busy. The kids had a blast on the waterslides. The grotto was neat with hidden hot tubs all around and the exotic birds in the lobby were a nice touch. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2004
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank travelbuf72
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2004

My family went to the Hyatt Grand Cypress over the 4th of July holidays and we had an absolutely incredible time. I couldn't get the kids to leave for Disney, they were having so much fun. I normally do not write these types of things on the internet, however, after reading a recent review about this incredible hotel, I had to write. I just feel the comments I read do not depict the friendly staff and incredible resort that me and my family experienced. It sounds almost as if they were in a completely different hotel? My family all took part in the smores they had at the fire pit and when the weather was a problem they moved the movie into one of their meeting rooms. They had free popcorn and we all had a blast. The staff throughout that we encountered were incredibly helpful and friendly...I only wish I could get my own employees to be so accommodating! We went boating, bike riding, played the mini golf course, (I also played the New Course which was fantastic) went down the slides (my kids made me, I complained about it but I really had fun - don't tell them!), swam daily through the beautiful rock cave area. We truly had a wonderful family vacation and can't wait to go back. We normally go to Florida annually during the summer but we are already looking into a Christmas in Florida this year because of how incredible this place was. There is just so much to do you do not ever have to go to the parks! There were always daily activities for the kids and us that changed on a daily basis so they didn't get boring. I highly recommend the experience...we will be back! and soon, I hope!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member