“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #30 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The hotel is in an ideal location, and has many amenities. However, probably it's greatest asset is its staff. Every one from the pool area workers, to the waiters in the restaurants, to the cleaning staff were cordial and helpful. If you had to wait for assistance, they apologized and thanked you for your patience.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank eflaisling
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you for noting that our best asset is our staff. We all work tirelessly to make sure our guests are happy and having a great time.Your five point rating lets others know that you had a great time here. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (5,863)

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was there on a business trip and the locale was very nice, but it was very expensive, and not much of a food there!! I would have preferred it with little more food options and with a fair price tag. Overall it was my visit to the states so cant complain much!!

Room Tip: One side of the building has a view of Disney world fireworks..
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We are currently staying at the hotel for a conference. The night of our arrival I found the bathroom to be dirty, hair all over the bathroom floor and in the shower. Room very dusty. Unfortunately it was late and had to wait until the next morning to report the problem. They said they would request a full service clean for the room. I found the majority of the staff not very friendly....they just do not appear to care. The front desk was not very helpful. I requested a late check out for tomorrow and was told no. I asked to speak to a supervisor who also said no!...they had too many requests but if I could prove I had added request when I made the reservation they would give me an hour.....I would recommend finding another hotel that tries to accommodate their guests.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank TexasMB
HotelManagerHRGC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear TexasMB,

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay. I was quite distressed to hear of the housekeeping issues that you described. I have personally addressed those concerns with my managers in that area in order to hopefully eliminate it from happening in the future. Unfortunately, your group had a very significant number of attendees that requested a late check-out that we simply could not honor. The hotel was coming off a sold out night with your group and moving right back into another sold out night with guests checking-in. We had made your group aware right from the start that we would not be able to accept late check-out requests due to the sold out situation. I am very sorry that we could not accommodate your needs.

Again, thatnk you being our guest and I hope that you will return in the future.

Best regards,
Larry McCloskey

Reviewed August 7, 2014

First of all I got a corner room, which I believe it was an upgrade. For all I know it might not even be one. But it was a very nice room with partial view of the pool and the backside of the water. The hotel is pretty big, was here for a conference. The pool area reminds of vegas a bit, especially on a sunday late morning. I heard that there is also an inside part of the pool where it goes through some of the rocks. Love how there is also a lake/water area where you can do canoeing or other various water activities. There is also a trail around the hotel that is a few miles long. Overall, if I can afford this stay, I would stay at this hotel every time. Meets the standard of what I like for a vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our property. Even though you were here for a conference, you noted many of the activities available here. We hope you were able to enjoy some of them. Your five point rating is appreciated and we hope when your travel plans bring you to Orlando, you will once again choose the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was my second time at this hotel. The first time I was very cheap because I booked it from priceline. I was amazed by the hotel, its appearance and service. Unfortunately I cant remember the guest service staff name but she was extra polite and ready to serve us. I was looking at all the guest service members they were all friendly, happy and ready to help. The place is naturally beautiful and out of extra ordinary breath taking. The first time my kids had 4 days pass to universal so they get to be at the hotel only at night. this time they did not want to leave the hotel we get to enjoy a stay where we just enjoy the hotel, it service and beaty. As we were walking around my 14 year old daughter said to us she want to get married at this hotel.

I wish I remember this indian girl name who served us at the desk

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank leveque457

Thank you for holding us in such high regard. This is a great place to get married. We appreciate you noting our great staff and the amazing grounds here on property. We hope you will bring your daughter back several more times over the next few years ! Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a great place for business or vacation. The rooms are comfortable and the grounds, lobby etc are outstanding. The restaurants are excellent. We have held corporate events here and they know what they are doing, being able to handle just about any size event. Yet as you walk around the grounds you get the feeling of a resort, not a convention hotel. The pools and other venues are unique and well cared for.

Only complaint is that the area they set aside for the john is too small. Hard to describe until you have been there. But there ain't much room to manauver. At times they have huge groups that take over the place as it is a convention type hotel so you can get the feeling that you are being overwhelmed by the group. They can take over the bar, lobby and checkin. They can get noisy in the big atrium lobby, but they have doors to cut that noise to nil in the guest rooms. So step outside and enjoy the beautiful grouds and pools if the group seems a bit much at times.

My go to in Orlando other than the Ritz that will cost way more.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice with views and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed here for five nights in August. The hotel is set in beautifully maintained grounds and is conveniently located for Disney. They offer a free shuttle service to Seaworld and Universal studios and also to the local "outlet" shopping centre which is a nice touch and significant extra. The staff are helpful and courteous. We had a problem with our AC and they sent an engineer to replace faulty components immediately. The pool is fantastic with caves and waterfalls. Only downside was the lack of reasonably priced food on the premises. We ate in the Cascade restaurant once - it was expensive and not that great. However we soon discovered that there are a number of better value for money restaurants nearby which are easily accessible even if you aren't driving as the hotel has a shuttle to the front gate which makes it possible to walk to these places even when it's really hot outside.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the lake. The king sized bed and sofa bed option works better than twin...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family