“Oasis in Disney"land"!!”

Ranked #27 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Oasis in Disney"land"!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a lovely one night getaway for Valentine's Day last month at this lovely oasis amongst all the Disney happenings!! As soon as you arrive, the landscaping and grounds surrounding this great property make you feel like you really have found a tranquil spot. It was our anniversary also and we did get a nice room with a view. Keep in mind that when this hotel was refurbished only the double rooms have bathtubs!! Hemingway's Restaurant was a wonderful choice for dinner and the pool and beach areas with their abundance of activities were really outstanding!! the staff was really super and accommodating!!

Room Tip: Only double rooms have a bathtub!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank junglefun123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (967)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for two weeks on our honeymoon. This is a great hotel but VERY corporate. There were a few issues during our stay and when we called or went to the concierge we got the impression that business customers came first. One night there was a loud party with music outside that was keeping us awake but the concierge reply was that they had paid for the party.
Our room was next door to a service storage room that had a service elevator. The clicking noises it made woke me up constantly during our stay. Concierge were informed but we were not offered another room. I was becoming very tired and extremely cranky and me and my wife ended having numerous fall outs on our honeymoon.

This hotel also deserves a lot of credit but unfortunately on our honeymoon I felt it was A LOT of money that could have been better spent somewhere a little less corporate and a little more personal.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is away from a service room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The review below calling out the staff as unfriendly prompted me to write this brief review. I'm not sure about your stay, but I'm staying here right now and have found the staff, and especially the regency club attendants to be extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. In fact they've done all they can do to make sure everyone is well taken care of. Honestly from check in, club, recreation, golf, transportation etc. I can't see how you could complain about anyone I've met who is working here. The details on the hotel have been discussed so many times already so I won't bother with that other than to say it's a nice hyatt property that is well cared for all around and located in a convenient area to all the Disney parks and area attractions.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandsave
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a late review - but better than never!!! I stayed from January 9 - 13, 2014. My husband & I had a car issue when we arrived to the hotel but, the Valet staff were very helpful and was able to help us out.

Front Desk staff I found to be AMAZING!!! They saw how stressed I was and they were very calming to me and made the check in process quick. I love the fact that they offer you champagne at check in.

The lobby is beautiful - it fees like you step into another world when you get there. It's very tropical.

The room we had was lovely. Everything in working order and we had a beautiful view! As for a high floor is you can.

We did not have time to check out any of the restaurants or bars but, this was not my first time here and every time I go it just gets better!

Overall, the staff were great and I can't wait to go again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelgirl2760
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
As a returning guest, we appreciate your loyalty and offering a five point rating. We strive for this with each and every guest and do our utmost to make sure everyone has a great time. Recommending us to others and returning yourself is the ultimate compliment. Thank you again for your patronage.

Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt in November last year. The front desk staff was agorant, rude with no sense of customer service. We got the Club room - not worth a penny. Club room was tiny with very small variety of food offerings. The staff at the club room was busy chatting among themselves. No one even greeted when you walked into the club room.
The facilities at the hotel are nice if you staying with young kids. 3rd day kids were tired so we stayed back at the hotel and enjoyed the amenities - boating, swimming (big pool was very cold), bicycling, wall climbing etc.
Restaurants were not great.Food was average. Didnt try the breakfast buffet - so can’t comment on that. Shuttle was convenient.
Hotel is ok but the staff is very disappointing. Not coming back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank rr_0608
HotelManagerHRGC, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear rr_0608,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay from last year. I regret that you are relating your disappointment from your stay nearly four months after your departure. The service issues that you mention are certainly not represenative of our hotel and I would have been more than happy to attempt to rectify your concerns had I been made aware at the time.

Please feel free to contact me if I may be of assistance.

Best regards,
Larry McCloskey
Hotel Manager
Brewster, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family and I stayed for 5 nights over presidents weekend and really loved the hotel. Staff were super nice, very helpful and attentive. The grounds are exceptionally beautiful including lagoon style pools with waterfalls, a lake with a sandy beach area and non-motorized watersports. We had an upgraded room using my hyatt points that was very spacious and immaculately clean. Very convenient to Epcot and MK.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jnc55
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
It is great to read that you had a fantastic stay with us. We certainly appreciate your comments that our staff was attentive, helpful and super nice ! We thank you for your five point review and please recommend us to your family and friends.

Clinton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Turning into the Hyatt brought me a sense of calm after crazy days touring theme parks. It has a lush and tropical feeling upon entering the grounds. Walking in the modern open facility let me forget I was in Orlando, what I consider a child's playground.

Service agents were very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice. Was not crazy about the bathroom door being connected to the closet door. If you open the bathroom door you close the closet door and vice versa. I also do not like the whole shadowed glass door concept for bathrooms. I like privacy. A solid door that I can lock is most desirable to me. Especially traveling with my young adult son.

My son's girlfriend enjoyed this resort better than the Hard Rock at Universal. She told me she felt like she was really somewhere special. They also loved the parrot who lives in the lobby of the hotel! I enjoyed the glass elevators.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara S
We thank you for your five point review and noting what a special feeling you had when entering the property. That feeling continued when you checked in as our staff was friendly and helpful. Lets hope that you will have the opportunity to return and once again enjoy the serenity of the Hyatt !