“Unfriendly? Not at all...”

Ranked #28 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The review below calling out the staff as unfriendly prompted me to write this brief review. I'm not sure about your stay, but I'm staying here right now and have found the staff, and especially the regency club attendants to be extremely friendly, helpful and courteous. In fact they've done all they can do to make sure everyone is well taken care of. Honestly from check in, club, recreation, golf, transportation etc. I can't see how you could complain about anyone I've met who is working here. The details on the hotel have been discussed so many times already so I won't bother with that other than to say it's a nice hyatt property that is well cared for all around and located in a convenient area to all the Disney parks and area attractions.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandsave
Write a ReviewReviews (5,765)

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a late review - but better than never!!! I stayed from January 9 - 13, 2014. My husband & I had a car issue when we arrived to the hotel but, the Valet staff were very helpful and was able to help us out.

Front Desk staff I found to be AMAZING!!! They saw how stressed I was and they were very calming to me and made the check in process quick. I love the fact that they offer you champagne at check in.

The lobby is beautiful - it fees like you step into another world when you get there. It's very tropical.

The room we had was lovely. Everything in working order and we had a beautiful view! As for a high floor is you can.

We did not have time to check out any of the restaurants or bars but, this was not my first time here and every time I go it just gets better!

Overall, the staff were great and I can't wait to go again!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelgirl2760
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

As a returning guest, we appreciate your loyalty and offering a five point rating. We strive for this with each and every guest and do our utmost to make sure everyone has a great time. Recommending us to others and returning yourself is the ultimate compliment. Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt in November last year. The front desk staff was agorant, rude with no sense of customer service. We got the Club room - not worth a penny. Club room was tiny with very small variety of food offerings. The staff at the club room was busy chatting among themselves. No one even greeted when you walked into the club room.
The facilities at the hotel are nice if you staying with young kids. 3rd day kids were tired so we stayed back at the hotel and enjoyed the amenities - boating, swimming (big pool was very cold), bicycling, wall climbing etc.
Restaurants were not great.Food was average. Didnt try the breakfast buffet - so can’t comment on that. Shuttle was convenient.
Hotel is ok but the staff is very disappointing. Not coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank rr_0608
HotelManagerHRGC, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear rr_0608,

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay from last year. I regret that you are relating your disappointment from your stay nearly four months after your departure. The service issues that you mention are certainly not represenative of our hotel and I would have been more than happy to attempt to rectify your concerns had I been made aware at the time.

Please feel free to contact me if I may be of assistance.

Best regards,
Larry McCloskey
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My family and I stayed for 5 nights over presidents weekend and really loved the hotel. Staff were super nice, very helpful and attentive. The grounds are exceptionally beautiful including lagoon style pools with waterfalls, a lake with a sandy beach area and non-motorized watersports. We had an upgraded room using my hyatt points that was very spacious and immaculately clean. Very convenient to Epcot and MK.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jnc55
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

It is great to read that you had a fantastic stay with us. We certainly appreciate your comments that our staff was attentive, helpful and super nice ! We thank you for your five point review and please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Turning into the Hyatt brought me a sense of calm after crazy days touring theme parks. It has a lush and tropical feeling upon entering the grounds. Walking in the modern open facility let me forget I was in Orlando, what I consider a child's playground.

Service agents were very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice. Was not crazy about the bathroom door being connected to the closet door. If you open the bathroom door you close the closet door and vice versa. I also do not like the whole shadowed glass door concept for bathrooms. I like privacy. A solid door that I can lock is most desirable to me. Especially traveling with my young adult son.

My son's girlfriend enjoyed this resort better than the Hard Rock at Universal. She told me she felt like she was really somewhere special. They also loved the parrot who lives in the lobby of the hotel! I enjoyed the glass elevators.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara S

We thank you for your five point review and noting what a special feeling you had when entering the property. That feeling continued when you checked in as our staff was friendly and helpful. Lets hope that you will have the opportunity to return and once again enjoy the serenity of the Hyatt !

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My wife had a conference and we stayed there for three nights after four days at a hotel in the Disney Resort. The price was good for the conference but $100.00 higher than the Lake Buena Vista hotel we stayed at near Disney was not worth it. Hyatt since it's off property did not have a reasonable versus free shuttle to the Disney parks. . It's also not worth the up charge for the additional amenities, eg; Starbucks coffee in the room and cheaper by $1.00 per day self parking. The $5.95 versus $3.65 for a cup of coffee or the $22.95 versus $10.00 buffet breakfast. It is definitely an "expense account" hotel where someone else is footing the bill.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Bill C
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We had a two bedroom suite and the rooms were all renovated which was nice. I personally did not like the decor, wasn't warm but felt like a flashback to 70's decor. Bathroom was good except the water constantly spilled out of the shower as it was flush with the ground. We had 3 bathrooms so we were fine but I could imagine someone feeling like the bathroom sink area was too small if you had just one bathroom. Big negative as others have wrote was the sliding door that was for the bathroom and the closet. If you open the door to get into the bathroom it slides right into the closet and vice versa. My daughter was hit several times by accident when she was in the closet when someone went into the bathroom. Could be a big liability for hotel if someone gets hurt. Closet space was not great...it was a half closet no where really to hang long clothes. Housekeeping was average nothing special. Room was clean but first day we got there found cheerios and fritos from prior guests under the TV cabinet. I wasn't really looking but saw it every time I watched TV. Lots of hidden costs....resort fees and parking was $22/day! Kids loved the slide and pool and waterfalls BUT as adults we thought it was just ok, too small of an area. Thought the hotel didn't do great job of cleaning up towels at the pool. It looked messy all the time with used towels lying everywhere. Room service did not have a lot of choice. Lots of activities at hotel which we didn't use as we were busy at the parks. Dining was ok with two restaurants. 4th day into stay there were multiple conferences going on at hotel and it really changes the atmosphere in a negative way. Unfortunately this is what occurs at hotels like these. I would not rally call it a resort hotel more a business hotel. It was fine for staying in the Disney area as we were gone most of the day visiting the parks. I never would stay here for a resort type of vacation. The staff were generally all very nice and very helpful and responsive for the most part. Nick the concierge was great! Helped us with all of our Disney Questions. Basically it was ok and good value for the type of room we got.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family