“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #30 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is an absolutely wonderful hotel. We arrived in Orlando tired after a long 8 hour flight from London and when we arrived at the hotel we had are only problem of our holiday at the hotel. The gentleman checking us in told us we had booked something completely different than what we had. When I told him that we did not book what he was telling us and told him what we did book he gave us a reply of, "Well unfortunately you will have to do with this room." I don't know lots about hotels except for the fact that the guest should most of the time be right. Even when I brought out my laptop to show him what I booked he would not budge. Thankfully I spoke with the manager and have us an absolutely wonderful 3 joining room which was spectacular! Apart from this incident the hotel is lovely. Good food at restaurants a lovely pool area as well as the rest of the resort. Friendly staff (bar the gentleman that checked us in lol) great location with restaurants as well as Disney near by. So to sum it up if you want quality than pick this hotel, it's the best I've ever been too! I should be back to Orlando sometime again in the near enough future and will be back at this hotel definitely!

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank IrishLad18
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and still offer a five point rating. Glad to know that your issue was resolved and that your family had a great time. It is always nice to know when our guests say they will definitely be back . Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Write a ReviewReviews (5,861)

Reviewed January 17, 2014

It's been about 3 years since my last visit and upon entering the lobby I was greeted by friendly faces and smiles, once again! Our family has been making this resort part of our family vacation yearly since 2000 and it is still our favorite.

The changes in the resort are many, but still the feel of the resort is the same. Very relaxed yet warm, professional yet family approved and beautiful as always.

This was our first visit over the holidays and it was amazing! New Year's Eve at the HRGC was all I expected and more. If you have never seen the Christmas Tree in the lobby (25 feet tall I would guess) it is beyond words gorgeous! The entire lobby is decked out for the holidays and it was nice to finally see it face to face. There is a balloon drop on New Year's Eve that was so much fun. Combined with the DJ, dancers, controlled and energized bar patrons, kids dancing and adults enjoying themselves all around together with amazing martini's and champagne to be had, the energy on NYE was great! not to mention you don't have to leave and just go to your room after the evenings excitement ends...I loved it!

The room, as usual was comfortable and clean. The Regency Club was the best in years, combined with exceptional service you cannot go wrong here. The pool area, as usual spotless and if the weather cooperated I would have got my tan on, but no fault of the hotel..LOL

Until next time...... keep my lounge chair ready and my pool drink cold.....cause we will be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

We thank you so very much for your continued patronage here at the Hyatt. We appreciate you letting the Trip Advisor community know that you choice is the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, even though many new resorts have come about since 2000. We have had a major renovation to almost every area for the hotel and the feedback we have been receiving has been quite positive. It was nice to read you had a great time on NYE and all the camaraderie that ensued. You noted our Christmas tree, which, by the way, was adorned with new ornaments this year and it looked fantastic. We can only hope that you will choose to stay with us later this year for yet another great holiday season !

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hotel is located just a few miles nearby Disney. It's comfortable, clean and the staff is very nice. I strongly recommend. The spa is really nice, though I have missed a steam room. Parking is not free. They charge US$ 25/ day.

Room Tip: Pick up a room with a view to Lake Buena Vista
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nelson B

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and offer a five point rating. We appreciate you noting our staff in your comments as we try exceptionally hard every day to make sure our guests are well taken care of. As you noted, our rate for valet parking is correct. We also offer a self parking lot for less if our guests choose that option. Please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We Stayed at this hotel to attend a convention but my sister and kids joined me . I really like the meeting spaces and the overall layout of the property . Even when it was full at capacity didn't feel like it. The pool area is gorgeous with a great slide and activities . The ambiance here is way more relaxed and inviting that the Disney properties that I have stayed and the staff is friendly and efficient . The location is ideal because is right in downtown Disney , I saw the fireworks every night from the property. This hotel is an excellent choice.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank diva802000

It is always nice to read that while you were here on a convention, you encountered a friendly and efficient staff. We love what we do and it shows in our attitude and on our face. We are located in the heart of Lake Buena Vista and are adjacent to Disney property but not part of it. From many of our guest rooms and in public spaces, our guests have to opportunity to see fireworks every night. Thank you for your five point review. We hope you will visit us again and please recommend us to your family and friends.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a great hotel. My partner and I stayed for 2 weeks. The rooms are of good size, very modern and kept very clean. The grounds and pool area are lovely (except for the ‘love bugs’ everywhere!). The breakfast was my favourite part, amazing with lots to choose from. We both used the gym every day, it was well equipped and kept very clean and tidy. The views over the lobby as you go up in the lifts are crazy…if you like heights! I would recommend this hotel to couples and families.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! If you stay on the Regency floor don't stay in room 1251 right next to room service elevators noise starting at 5:00am ...When coming back to the resort would stay away from the floor that has service elevators next to the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank stamps1000
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Resort was wonderful, close to everything, only drawback wAs that there was nowhere at the resort that served food after 10pm which was pretty difficult when we has seminars that ended late, did not feel like it was the best hotel for a convention group

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business