“Feels Like A Resort”

Ranked #30 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Melbourne, Florida
“Feels Like A Resort”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My husband and I were here for a short weekend to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. Upon check-in the staff was very nice and helpful with any questions we had. The hotel decor was absolutely stunning and the outside was just as nice. The food was delicious, yet pricey, and the standard room we had was nice and perfect for the 2 of us...comfy bed, nice shower and a great view.
There's not really anything negative about this place aside from things being a bit overpriced and they need more self parking spots. Overall we had a nice time, would go back at some point and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We are glad that our property feels like a resort because we are a 1500 acre world class resort! So glad you felt that our staff was very nice and that we have delicious food. You noted that we need more self parking. That project is now in the completion phase as we have added 106 new parking spaces. Thank you also for noting that you will return and recommend us to family and friends.

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (976)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2013

When you arrive at this hotel you will be greeted with a glass of champagne at the check in counter. The hotel is nice, the room is clean and of contemporary decor. The bathroom is very clean and modern as well. One disappointing issue is there is a resort fee tacked onto your bill that is not included on the price online. So for one night between the resort fee and valet parking it was over $50. Also, valet parking is the only option because the self-park option is about a 15 min hike.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Smoak A
Tyler
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Wonderful, friendly, helpful staff...wonderful food (and believe me, we tried everything)...wonderful rooms with a great view, big bathroom and comfortable bed...great pool...great trails...great tennis center...easy to get to Disney parks. We had some problems with the TV/web, but they sent someone right up within minutes and got it fixed. I can say, without hesitation, that this was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in; and again, without hesitation, would stay again. Loved it!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and have better views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and let the readers of Trip Advisor know that our property is worth a try. Thank you for the five point review and look forward to your return.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I really loved this hotel and had my daughter's 16th Birthday here. The only thing is be careful with the extra hidden fees. I had booked through an agent there and was quoted $159, which came out of my statement for $178, which I thought may have included the resort fees, etc. Then, I receive an email with the details and the mentioned if I wanted to pay $125 to upgrade to a suite, which came out on my bill as $140.00. At the end of my stay it reflects on my credit card an additional $80.00, which the person there said it was for hotel fees because this is a resort. if you pay for an upgrade then it should say, that the $125 doesnt include an additional $30-80 worth of charges, so that way you can make a more informed decision.
Other than this, I stayed here once before and used expedia to book so it was more detailed what I would be charged and how much extra would be taken for the hotel fees. I really loved all of the amenities, but maybe if I go again I definitely won't take advantage of any upgrades, and will not book on the phone through the hotel :).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank christy s
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Being from Orlando, I never stayed at this property untill now ( 27- 29 Oct ) I had been a guest at Cascades, the restaurant , but never stayed here.

Very pleasent guard shack staff-- the self parking area is going through construction, so it was a bit difficult at first to find the lot. The new signage was low to the gound and a car was parked in front of it on the street. After driving past it once, I learned for later parking needs. My partner also had trouble finding the self park lot-- so I knew it wasnt just me !

The Front Desk staff agent " Donna " was very pleasent and approachable. I had used the web check in, so I wasnt sure if I was eligible for the stand by upgrades I applied for on line. I had been placed on the 5th floor, but Donna moved me to the 15th with a spectacular view of Epcot, Magic Kingdon and Downtown Disney ! So thank you Donna-- we loved it ! Donna also explained all the extras I was paying-- I knew already about the Resort Fees-- I didnt care really- The property does offer so much to do- does seem kind of odd its just not in the price of the room--- I know most places do-- but why pay for self parking ? That would be my only gripe when it comes to fees and extra costs above and beyond your room and tax.

The room was more spacious than I thought it would be. The bathroom was beautiful !
The bed ? Well the bed was so- so-- I thought Hyatt would have had more comfortable beds-- seemed hard to me. Not the Heavenly Beds of Marriott.
We ate at Cascades for dinner and breakfast. Our server at dinner " Jackie" was absolutlely wonderful ! Very approachable, great eye contact, warm smile-- a wonderful representative for a good good restaurant ! The Food was very tasty ! Each new items we tried had a full , unexpected, unique ( a good unique ) flavour to it. So kudos to the chef's staff !
Breakfast Buffet wasnt that fantastic. The wait staff were very kind and attentive, but the food wasn't anything to write home about-- unlike dinner the night prior.
I would stay here again ! You can never go wrong with Hyatt !!!

Room Tip: I had Room 1549-- The View was incredible !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darrell P
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Running in the concrete jungle that is Orlando is typically quite difficult. This property has a nice set of running trails (some paved, some wood chip or packed dirt). I only ran 6 miles (one semi out and back loop) but could have done another loop easily. There was also a water fountain as part of the adjoining golf course, so I could get water during the run. Thumbs up!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon P
Thank you for your five point runner review ! Our 1500 acre gated property offers three different trails for walking or running. The A trail is 1.3 miles, B trail 3.2 miles and C trail 4.7 miles. They meander throughout the property, going around our 21 acre lake and out to the 45 hole Jack Nicklaus championship golf course. The views are spectacular and we hope other avid runners will come here to find out what you have already experienced.

Archdale
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed at this resort several times, as a Family Getaway, Couples Getaway, Business Stay and the Wife & I alone. We find the parking close, the staff by-and-large welcoming, the restaurants of good quality, and the lounge staff friendly and helpful. The hotel has been renovations for the last year. First the building, which is impressive initially and now even more so since the attention it has received. The swimming pools, yes, there are more than one, along with hot tubs and water slides, have just undergone upgrades. The resort has horseback riding, kayaking, sailing, and water trikes. Something for everyone including just hanging around in the sun. In the evening you can watch the fireworks from Disney!! Wonderful for anytime!

Room Tip: Request poolside. That gives you poolside, lakeside, and fireworks viewing. If its in your budget, g...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and especially your continued patronage under various circumstances. Our renovations have been completed for the lobby lounge, pool deck, pool resurfacing and new pool bar. We hope you will tell your friends and family to come and experience our world class resort with a dedicated staff to ensure you are relaxed and comfortable.