“Beware of the Hidden Costs...”

Ranked #29 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I really loved this hotel and had my daughter's 16th Birthday here. The only thing is be careful with the extra hidden fees. I had booked through an agent there and was quoted $159, which came out of my statement for $178, which I thought may have included the resort fees, etc. Then, I receive an email with the details and the mentioned if I wanted to pay $125 to upgrade to a suite, which came out on my bill as $140.00. At the end of my stay it reflects on my credit card an additional $80.00, which the person there said it was for hotel fees because this is a resort. if you pay for an upgrade then it should say, that the $125 doesnt include an additional $30-80 worth of charges, so that way you can make a more informed decision.
Other than this, I stayed here once before and used expedia to book so it was more detailed what I would be charged and how much extra would be taken for the hotel fees. I really loved all of the amenities, but maybe if I go again I definitely won't take advantage of any upgrades, and will not book on the phone through the hotel :).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank christy s
Write a ReviewReviews (5,883)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Being from Orlando, I never stayed at this property untill now ( 27- 29 Oct ) I had been a guest at Cascades, the restaurant , but never stayed here.

Very pleasent guard shack staff-- the self parking area is going through construction, so it was a bit difficult at first to find the lot. The new signage was low to the gound and a car was parked in front of it on the street. After driving past it once, I learned for later parking needs. My partner also had trouble finding the self park lot-- so I knew it wasnt just me !

The Front Desk staff agent " Donna " was very pleasent and approachable. I had used the web check in, so I wasnt sure if I was eligible for the stand by upgrades I applied for on line. I had been placed on the 5th floor, but Donna moved me to the 15th with a spectacular view of Epcot, Magic Kingdon and Downtown Disney ! So thank you Donna-- we loved it ! Donna also explained all the extras I was paying-- I knew already about the Resort Fees-- I didnt care really- The property does offer so much to do- does seem kind of odd its just not in the price of the room--- I know most places do-- but why pay for self parking ? That would be my only gripe when it comes to fees and extra costs above and beyond your room and tax.

The room was more spacious than I thought it would be. The bathroom was beautiful !
The bed ? Well the bed was so- so-- I thought Hyatt would have had more comfortable beds-- seemed hard to me. Not the Heavenly Beds of Marriott.
We ate at Cascades for dinner and breakfast. Our server at dinner " Jackie" was absolutlely wonderful ! Very approachable, great eye contact, warm smile-- a wonderful representative for a good good restaurant ! The Food was very tasty ! Each new items we tried had a full , unexpected, unique ( a good unique ) flavour to it. So kudos to the chef's staff !
Breakfast Buffet wasnt that fantastic. The wait staff were very kind and attentive, but the food wasn't anything to write home about-- unlike dinner the night prior.
I would stay here again ! You can never go wrong with Hyatt !!!

Room Tip: I had Room 1549-- The View was incredible !
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Darrell P
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Running in the concrete jungle that is Orlando is typically quite difficult. This property has a nice set of running trails (some paved, some wood chip or packed dirt). I only ran 6 miles (one semi out and back loop) but could have done another loop easily. There was also a water fountain as part of the adjoining golf course, so I could get water during the run. Thumbs up!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jon P
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for your five point runner review ! Our 1500 acre gated property offers three different trails for walking or running. The A trail is 1.3 miles, B trail 3.2 miles and C trail 4.7 miles. They meander throughout the property, going around our 21 acre lake and out to the 45 hole Jack Nicklaus championship golf course. The views are spectacular and we hope other avid runners will come here to find out what you have already experienced.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have stayed at this resort several times, as a Family Getaway, Couples Getaway, Business Stay and the Wife & I alone. We find the parking close, the staff by-and-large welcoming, the restaurants of good quality, and the lounge staff friendly and helpful. The hotel has been renovations for the last year. First the building, which is impressive initially and now even more so since the attention it has received. The swimming pools, yes, there are more than one, along with hot tubs and water slides, have just undergone upgrades. The resort has horseback riding, kayaking, sailing, and water trikes. Something for everyone including just hanging around in the sun. In the evening you can watch the fireworks from Disney!! Wonderful for anytime!

Room Tip: Request poolside. That gives you poolside, lakeside, and fireworks viewing. If its in your budget, g...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and especially your continued patronage under various circumstances. Our renovations have been completed for the lobby lounge, pool deck, pool resurfacing and new pool bar. We hope you will tell your friends and family to come and experience our world class resort with a dedicated staff to ensure you are relaxed and comfortable.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 12 nights and could not fault it, excellent location for Disney Parks,all the staff were friendly, beautifully clean rooms our cleaning lady Amy was the friendliest kindest member of staff,her standards were very high and it was a pleasure to walk back into our room after a long day at the parks knowing they had been fully cleaned and left beautifully by her, she definitely deserves recognition from Hyatt for her dedication and attention to detail.

This was our first visit to Orlando it will not be our last and I am sure we will return to this lovely hotel.
Thankyou for making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank liseiam

You never know when and where a guest will be WOWed. In this case it was Amy, our truly dedicated staff member that takes her job seriously and to the next level. This is why she has been a previous winner of the CFHLA Golden Pineapple Award for Housekeeper of the Year. We hope you will continue to patronize our resort and hope that you will tell everyone you know what a special place we have here.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Booked two rooms for two nights for a little getaway with the kids. The hotel itself is quite impressive, parking is located relatively close compared to some hotels. The grounds to the hotel are quite beautiful and expansive. Staff are generally utilitarian, nobody really goes out of their way to be welcoming etc. Wait staff at the restaurants were generally good, pool bar had a server from New York who was wonderful!! Others just go about their jobs without much hospitality fanfare, not rude though! The pool set up was great but rather unusable....small waterslide pool was 85 degrees, the main large pool was 75 degrees!! We live here in Florida and our pool that weekend was 87!! The beds had an insulated heat retaining under pad which was like sleeping on a heating pad...this IS Florida keep in mind. All in all we checked out of our rooms the next morning a day early. It was decided that we would have a better time back home. We wouldn't likely return as we felt that there are other more family oriented hotels in the area!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OnTheBeach321
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our last kid free trip. What can I say, but it was brilliant.

From check in, the glass of champers was a nice touch. To the spotless room, which was good sized, quiet and well decorated.

The hotel and grounds were fab, and its worth nabbing a bike and cycling around so you can have an explore.

The staff were ace, polite, professional but warm and friendly. I had a parcel delivered to my room, and that was no problem at all for them.

One niggle, the breakfast options could have been a bit wider, but they were fine as is.

If you're thinking of going, just do, we loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the pool, you can see the fireworks at Disney then.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bucklester

We are so glad that you two chose to spend your holiday with us. Congratulations on your upcoming child's birthday ! We hope that when the baby arrives, you will continue coming to visit us and enjoy our resort with a whole new purpose. Having your child experience our property year after year. Thank you for your review and please recommend us to your family and friends.