In the past two years of traveling, this hotel rates second to my favorite to date, with Four Seasons in Dublin, Ireland being number one.
View was pleasant, no balcony to sit out on, but did receive an upgrade for only $9 extra.
Room service was always on time, food for room service was hot and fresh. You can order a la carte, not just the "select items and hang on the door." The bedding included goose down pillows, goose down comforter, but alas, I'm allergic to the down. The maid was at room to change it all out within five minutes of my call. There is a buffet breakfast in the morning if you choose, the cafe is for quick eat and run, or fix you a picnic lunch to take with you. Quick checkout, via email. I'm a gardener and loved their Florida friendly Landscaping accented by Asian sculptures. You can read about their facility on the website, the pools are lovely. Room was quiet, even with a family in a room next door. There was a lovely fruit bowl waiting for me in the room at the end of a long day of meetings. Conference rooms were comfortable, hotel staff kept us supplied with cold drinks, coffee, tea throughout the day. My only issues were paying $15 a day for self-parking and the walkway to the hotel from self-parking was a little too dark at night for a solo guest to be walking. You may want to consider valet parking, $25 a day. I also found the television - internet operation a little clunky, it reminded me of the old Web-TVs that were out in the 90's. Internet speed was excellent, but I did pay $10 extra for the two day visit for the higher speed. Free internet is available all over the lobby and conference areas and worked well. The location is next to Disney hotels. If you drive, be prepared for traffic, allow extra time to anywhere. It is the nature of Orlando to have traffic. The hotel is close to a large outlet mall and all the big chain restaurants. I recommend seating at the hotel if budget allows because it is more serene and not much more cost that eating nearby. The fridge in the room is small so don't expect to stockpile more than a few drinks. There is a 24 hour emergency walk-in clinic a couple of blocks away, a supermarket is in a plaza nearby, as well as a couple of service stations. My stay for Friday and Saturday night plus three meals was a little under $500.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando