The Hyatt Grand Cypress is a beautiful hotel with clean grounds and a family-friendly atmosphere. The room we received was on the 18th floor (top floor) and had a fabulous view. This hotel provides an international experience as you will find people from all over the world. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom and shower on par with a high class hotel. The highlights of selecting this property include the wrap-around, lagoon-style pool with several water features and a great mix of sun and shade as well as the grounds that includes a selection of activities for all to enjoy: small 9 hole course, a variety of water sport on a small lake, and other outdoor activities. No doubt I was happy with the resort-style features of the hotel. For two 30-something friends this was a good choice.
However, there was a major problem with what this hotel claims to offer. I was staying here for a friend's trip with my best friend. We selected this hotel for the "luxury spa" experience promised on the main travel page for the Grand Cypress website. The page offers a very quality and promising description of luxurious spa and salon experiences. We booked a facial, massage, and pedicures. It was to be the main highlight of staying at this resort. In fact, we eliminated other similar resorts based on this promised, quality feature. However, you need to go elsewhere if you are looking for a quality spa experience. The "salon" as described suddenly in the hotel room information is not advertised well and way out of sight. In fact, the "spa" is in the bowels of the hotel, well in the basement off a dank elevator. When my friend and I got out of the elevator we were quickly hurried to our rooms. At the end of our first services (massage and facial) we realized why were here hurried from the main room into our small rooms. The "spa" is in horrible repair, using older materials, and looks like a salon you would find in the Midwest (I'm from Ohio) that you would pop into any old day of the week. Suitable for appropriate expectations. The service providers were very chatty and nice and so we continued on with our pedicures as we felt embarrassed for them too. After spending the kind of money one would spend at a high-quality spa, we felt robbed.
After putting in a complaint to guest services and waiting on a phone-call back, we were told the "salon" is not luxury and is a 3rd party vendor. In basic terms, the Hyatt was not taking responsibility for the quality of the "spa." This is false advertising as the "spa" described on the Grand Cypress page is benefiting from the clientele that come to the Hyatt and expect an experience on-par with the other services at the resort. Guest services understood our complaint and tried to right the situation by offering a $50 compensation for other hotel services as well as a complementary breakfast. At the time we felt these compensations were nice and the best the Hyatt was willing to do. I suggest that the Hyatt remove the "spa" description as it currently stands on the site.
Bottom line, do not book this hotel if you anticipate a spa experience. Our main reason for booking was a total let down and a major waste of our money. The hotel grounds and room were exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando