First off I would recommend this hotel only if you have children. The hotel is pretty much geared towards children as there are many children’s activities and games around the pool. The pool is also quite noisy and has a water slide so not great if you are an adult without kids wanting to relax around the pool. However if you do have children the pool area will be perfect for you. Also there were lots of children running up down floors in the lifts playing games which was really annoying especially if you were trying to use the lifts.
Good things about this hotel:
1. Went to the restaurant Cascade American restaurant for sushi twice and it was excellent. The staff were also really nice and want to give a special mention to Tasha. Tasha was super friendly and was always asking us how our day was. She also sent up a bottle of water and fruit plate to our room after our visit. This was such a nice touch and really thoughtful
2. The location is good. About 15 mins to Disney and 30 to universal. Could also walk to cheaper restaurants such as olive garden, ihop, unos, pizza hut etc and a supermarket.
3. Free tea and coffee maker in room (although please note my teabags were never replaced except if I phoned down to the lobby so I eventually just bought my own because it was easier).
4. Rooms and bathroom are big and spacious.
5. There are shuttles to universal, Disney, SeaWorld and the outlets (bad point is there is only one shuttle running in the morning to universal/SeaWorld and one at night. The night shuttle leaves at 6pm which is 3hours before the park closes! The Disney shuttles are more frequent but only go to magic kingdom. From magic kingdom you are supposed to get shuttles to the other park.)
6. Good gym
1. I found the cleaning to be the worst thing about this hotel. On arrival we found that our room had obviously not been cleaned very well as our fridge had not been emptied and was full of old food the people before had left. Throughout our stay the desktops and bathroom surfaces were always covered in dust even though the room had supposedly been cleaned. It seems the cleaning staff just come in and make your bed up, change towels and empty bins. No hoovering or dusting whatsoever.
2. Make sure you don't get a room near the lifts or the ice machine as it is so noisy.
3. As previously mentioned there are shuttles but they are not very frequent. Also since there is only one shuttle going to both SeaWorld and universal it can get quite crowded so I would advise you to get there early.
4. Staff were not particularly friendly apart from Tasha at cascade and the bell man and guys outside who got you taxis. People at front desk seemed like they couldn't be bothered and staff in palm cafe were quite rude.
5. One small rather petty complaint is that I found the bathroom door really annoying. It is a slide door which is slightly see through and it doesn't quite touch the other side of the wall meaning there is little privacy in the bathroom. Also the bathroom and wardrobe share the same door which is weird.
Overall I would return to this hotel in the future when I have children and if they sort out their cleaning. For now I think I will stick to the Waldorf Astoria which is catered more for adults.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando