We booked a weekend stay (3 nights) at the Regency Grand Cypress for a pageant my daughter was participating in. Everything about this hotel is first rate. The room was comfortable and quiet, the pool was AWESOME, and we had a great stay. Here are a few things I liked:
- All the staff is friendly, even the custodial staff.
- We were not high up - 6th floor - but the view was excellent. Central Florida is so flat, it's easy!
- The location is killer. Except for some traffic Saturday night we never had a problem.
- Everything is clean clean clean, and they obviously keep it up. I visited this hotel 17 years ago and it looks just as good today!
- As everyone has said the pool and hot tub are AWESOME!
A few things we did not like:
- After the pageant, at about 7:40 on Sunday night, we wanted to eat by the pool. The poolside bar & grill hours say they are open until 8, but they had already closed up the grill. We had to find another place to eat.
- As others have said the elevators can get backed up. Should have been designed with more elevators.
- There are no lifeguards at the pool. It is so big that it's impossible to see all of it and so you cannot keep an eye on your kids. If an accident happened there is nobody to see.
- They need more parking. Both the valet and overnight lost are routinely full, and people park in the street in front of the hotel. It has been this way forever (at least since my last visit) and they are obviously not going to change it.
- Hyatt Regency prices. Bring your wallet.
Would I stay here again? Yes! But only for a special occasion, as it is pricier than we are usually comfortable with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando