We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years with children and thought we would give it a try as a couple this time. Since our last trip there has been a big renovation and the rooms are now modern and spacious. Lovely big bathroom but I did miss a bath tub. When we arrived we were given a room on the 18th floor that was unbelievably noisy due to some race track noise that travelled up to the 18th floor and only stopped when the ride stopped at 10.00pm. We were moved with no trouble at all to a quiet room the next day.
We felt that there was a real lack of choice for evening eating, we used to really enjoy the White Horse restaurant and can't understand why this is now just a bar.
The pool area is lovely and only really busy at weekends, we had no problem finding chairs or shade. We also loved the bikes. I think on balance it is worh the extra room costs except for the parking which is a bit steep, but we were warned about this so fair enough.
The best thing about this hotel is the wonderful staff, many of whom have been at the hotel for many years. In paritcular the breakfast staff are just fabulous, they create a fantastic, friendly and professional atmosphere. We were sorry to say goodbye - a particular mention to JP, Abe and Michael - genuinely lovely people.
We felt that this hotel was still undergoing a transformation and it might be interesting to return in a couple of years to see how it all turns out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando