Great hotel overall, grand, if a little soulless lobby. Excellent pool, grounds and gym. Worth $25 for the pool view as it includes fireworks over Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Rooms quite small, but Ok, tiny balcony and a strange arrangement where the wardrobe door is also the toilet door. Had room service one night, my red lentil chili was excellent, but the turkey burger and swordfish sandwich didnt travel well to the 11th floor and were only half eaten. Ate at Cascades the next night, a mistake I am afraid, it is the standard cafeteria style breakfast room, with a high ceiling and a waterfall sculpture and despite the fresh sushi, turned up moderate and forgettable fare in a room without atmosphere.
All of the staff were excellent across the entire hotel, and I was more than happy to pay the outrageous prices for coffee and muffins in the lobby since the seating was nice and so were the staff. The hotel is very close to Disney, particularly if you go north on 535 and in through the back rather than using I4 or past Downtown Disney. Great if you plan to do an early morning, rest then return. I'd certainly return and stay here, but for moderately priced dining, I would try outside the hotel (I didnt give the more expensive restaurant a try though)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando