We stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress over spring break 2013, it was a great stay!! Let's do the goods first~the hotel staff is very friendly and always ready to answer questions. We had a great room on the 7th floor and the renovations made the space beautiful. Also there was not much of a noise issue, we did hear a few slamming doors and loud people in the hall but it was only once or twice. Loved the shower and lighted mirrors in the bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. Also the shuttles to and from the parks were very helpful. I only wish there was some variation in the times and that there was a shuttle that went to Downtown Disney and the surrounding restaurants. This hotel is near the Crossroads shopping district it would be great to have shuttle stops within that area to allow for travelers to utilize Crossroads if needed. The pools were great although the larger pool was just too cold to swim in so we had to share the smaller warm pool with lots of kids. My daughter loved the beach area and we watched a nice sunset from that area. There is a mini fridge in the room as well as coffee maker and ports for computers, all a plus.
Now the bads~cleaning rooms, we did not get service 2x's during our 5 day stay, on the 2nd time I had to call down to get the room cleaned. The hallway on our last 3 days did not look like it had been vaccuumed which was a bit upsetting with all the food crumbs. As a person with Arthritis I had an issue with the toilet height and no bar to use for aiding me. Also, the pool area did not have enough loungers for everyone, the only way to get a lounger was to go down in the early morning put some personal belongings on a few chairs and hope everyone would respect that. We did not do this but were told by other travelers this was the only way to do it. Now I realize that it would be very difficult for the hotel to get a lounger for every person staying but the ratio to chairs and guest should be better thought out. We did have an issue with being overcharged on our credit card but the issue was resolved it just took a bit. And the final negative for me was there was only one place in the hotel to get breakfast unless you ordered room service (and by breakfast I mean something other thank a pastry and coffee). They have a coffee "shop" with coffee and pastry, why not do as Starbucks does and offer something with protein that is quick. Breakfast sandwiches that you pop into a microwave would be very handy. I am not one that likes to eat buffets for breakfast, so it was disappointing that was the main fair for breakfast options.
Overall the hotel is an low A high B!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando