“Great service!”

Ranked #32 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Great attitude with the Valet. The front desk Very professional and relaxing. The Bellhop is the best that we have ever have. I cant wait to return and be able to enjoy a stay as I did again. Super stay, Thank you Hyatt for the great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and noting that each and every department you came in contact with was polite and professional. Our bell staff has combined experience of over 280 years !!! They are ever present in the lobby ready to assist in any way possible. You are more than welcome and we hope to see you back again soon.

Steven M Ballot
Guest Relations
Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Reviewed February 15, 2013

From the minute we arrived we were treated like royalty. It was the first time id been offered champagne at check in. the staff was super friendly from valet to the restaurant. The room was beautiful and very clean. We slept great the first night but unfortunately the connecting room decided to have the tv all night the 2nd then started having loud meeting first thing the next morning. We were disappointed that the majority of outside activities were closed as we had planned on spending the 2nd day on grounds. The resort fee should be reduced to make up for this. Luckily we used Priceline and got a great name your own price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Throughout 29 years my husband and/or I have stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress. Each time we loved it, without exception. We brought a 4 year old grandson a few years ago, and he had the time of his life, and was treated like a little prince by the staff.we live in (south) Florida, and sometimes feel the urge to go on a mini vacation. This last trip was to meet our 19 year old granddaughter who flew down from NJ, and to meet her boyfriend for the first time. The hotel and grounds are undergoing a huge renovation, but our experience was still wonderful. The restaurants are excellent. And, the Piña Colada at poolside is by far the BEST ever! I couldn't resist a 2nd one. I do miss the birds (parrot?) in the lobby. The Hyatt Grand Cypress is my favorite hotel in the USA!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeenaM05

Thank you for your 29 years of loyalty ! We think it is great that you are now bringing a third generation to our resort. Our renovations are nearly complete and we hope you will return this summer enjoy all of our new enhancements. We do appreciate you taking the time to review our property and letting the Trip Advisor readers know that you rate this your favorite hotel in the USA.

Steven M Ballot
Guest Relations
Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel is really beautiful, the locate of the hotel is amazing; it is near from most of the touristic places (outlets, disney parks,etc). the hotel has really big pools, tennis courts, golf, etc. the room was really good, it has air conditioner, a beautiful view to the hotel's lake and to the fireworks of the disney parks at night. the beds are really comfortable. also the room has a balcony. i loved the hotel, i really recommend the hotel. it is really new

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Worst weekend ever for the money spent in this hotel! I could have stayed at one of their competitors for cheaper and been just as happy. They lost me as a loyal customer.

Lets start with the bad things in order.
1) as you walk in to the lobby it had a nasty smell from the water that's in the middle and sometime the whole lobby smelled like gross cheese every time when walking in.

2)When we checked in,we got two champagne glasses of which my fiancé's glass had a visible lipstick mark.

3) the hotel is under construction and the good pools are closed which no one told us and they still charge you resort fees!

4) we had breakfast and again my glass now had a lipstick mark on the orange juice glass I got served!

5) the connecting room next to us were really loud at 6AM and all the hotel could do is give them warnings... They didn't want to move us to a different room.

6) this "resort" has a gym that you have to be taken to by shuttle... What resort doesn't have a gym in.

And the good things:

They do have kayaks which is cool,

And the only other good things is that the customer service was good but they never helped to solve our problem which in turn they will loose a loyal customer now.

• Stayed: February 2013
6  Thank Btownevox
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Honestly this was the best Hyatt experience I've ever had! All employees I encountered were friendly/propfessional; property and grounds are huge and truly beautiful; rooms are large/modern and functional.

I would have rated this a "5" if it wasn't for the following:
Signage is poor to outright missleading; both when driving and walking.
There's no referance to the main pool/activities area and gym being closed for reovation on the website? Nor was this disclosed when reservation was made? A make shift gym (smelly & hot) has been setup in the parking garage. Oddly I've been to other Hyatts when major construction was never disclosed either...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bowman716
Reviewed February 12, 2013

What a great facility, I must admit it was beautiful...
HOWEVER,
Like many business travellers these days, I used priceline to get a better deal on my lodging for a conference... WRONG... I got great deal on the pricieline bid but when I arrived the parking was $13 a night to self park or $23 for the valet... maybe I'm naieve but no mention of that , Hey I understand, It was a late night check-in so I gave the car to the valet... Then when I checked in I get hit with $22 a day for amenities fee for everything that they have available on the property... once again no mention of this fee...Wow! I was spending the next 3 days in break out sessions in a different hotel at a conference that was only about 2 miles away but didn't have rooms available... So when priceline say the best deal is a VACATION RESORT buyer beware. I'm not sure if they charge this fee for guests that book thru normal channels.
Not the mention the main pool are was closed & I was not offered any compensation for the lack of amenity...
I hate reading a review when somebody just whines incessantly but I feel like you should know this info before you book like I did on priceline.
The hotel is very nice & the service was good but they are going to get their money no matter how you book it

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business