$173
$157
Hilton.com
$129
$114
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$89
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$177
$134
Agoda.com
$225
$202
  • Restaurant
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$325
$247
$289
$239
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Orbitz.com
$615
$458
Travelocity
5,981 results
All reviewsresort feepitch and puttpaddle boatsrock climbing wallself parkingheated poolbeautiful hoteldisney fireworksper daysliding doorfire pittennis courtsdisney worldnear disneyorlando areagreat poolfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have no complaints about this resort except for the fact that the main pool is not heated, and cold by Florida standards. They are currently remodeling the "heated pool", which is much smaller, although there are lots of hot tubs. The room was clean. The bathroom is brand new with a great waterfall shower, and you can run water to both the waterfall and the hand sprayer hose at the same time, in case the water pressure from the waterfall isn't enough for you, like a previous reviewer said.

Once the pool renovation is done, it will be great, but until it is complete I would rather stay at a place with a heated pool, which other comparable properties in the area have.

Room Tip: The higher the better, the top floors have fantastic views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The first thing I do when going to a hotel is reading the reviews and tripadvisor is my main source for that.
So I had a business trip scheduled for the second week of October @ The Hyatt Recency Grand Cypress, so I read almost everything one could read about the place to know what to expect. I usualy read the bad ones first to get the worse case scenario, but all I can say is that I LOVED everything at the Hyatt and will definitely go back. Below are my impressions:

* We got there after a 8 hour direct flight from Sao Paulo early in the morning, but were able to check-in early without paying more for that. The check-in and check-ou was easy, fast and everyone was very polite.

* The room was great and had everything I needed. It was so clean! Housekeeping was very consistent and neat.
* The food was the HIGHLIGHT of the entire stay. WOW!!! The Cascade and The Hemingways were SO delicious! My mouth waters to think about what I ate there. We also got complimentary delicious desserts! Yum!
* The wi-fi (which was included in the resort fee) worked really well.
* The staff, what can I say... So genuinely friendly and helpful! Rafael, Santiago, Nicholas and John (from Liverpool), just no name a few, were always there to help me and another co-worker with everything we needed for our seminar. Sometimes I missed breakfast because of my hectic schedule helping out on the event and they would bring me some fruits and other things, scrambled eggs and bacon. They were all very proactive and had
* I didn't have a chance to enjoy the resort as much as I wanted, but the place is beautiful. I did some jogging around the resort and it was very nice. Also did some working out and enjoyed at thei gym and like the infrastructure. Late night jacuzzi was very realxing too. My sister, who lives in MN, meet me there and she enjoyed everything and loved the pool.

The bad, in my point of view, was the renovation (which only starts in the afternoon), some noisy guests that talked loud at the hallways on the last two days, and the game room that had a funky smell and needs some improving, but that was it.

A big thanks to everyone at the Hyatt!

Room Tip: The ones with pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

So glad you enjoyed your experience here at the Hyatt and thank you for letting the Trip Advisor readers know that when all things are considered, you had a great time and felt it was your home away from home. We appreciate you taking the time to review our resort hotel and noting that our staff is what sets us apart from the competition.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

this is a very nice hotel in Orlando, a beautiful resort and seemed to be family friendly. i was disappointed in that i was just there for a conference and found out the rooms did not have refrigerators - they have coolers - and if you wanted a fridge you had to pay an additional $25. I think in a resort of this type where an additional resort fee is charged, patrons should not have to pay to have a fridge in their rooms. management said the mini bar was an issue. but supplying a mini bar is unnecessary. a fridge can be empty. there were also no coffee makers in the room which is unusual even in less posh hotels. shuttle service to the airport was also another expense - normally a hotel of this size would have a free shuttle service. these little things make it hard on families who want to stay here and have kids. i had to pay $21 round trip for the airport transfer and if i went with my family it would have been an extra $100. i would like to bring my family in the spring, but these things give me a bit of reservation. the management should consider offering these small courtesies to their patrons. it shows you value your customers. otherwise it is a beautiful place and the staff are courteous and the rooms are spacious with lovely views. the food from Cascades was hit or miss but i may not have ordered the right things.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jenninejHouston
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I just stayed at this pleasant property and grabbed a very reasonable rate of $179 per night including breakfast.

The hotel is Las Vegas-sized but the staff is perky and pleasant. The lobby is a bit inefficiently shaped but check-in was quick and easy. The room was good sized with a nice view of a them park in the distance. The bathroom had excellent amenities except that the rain shower lacked sufficient water pressure-Orlando is full of water and rain--turn up the water pressure in the shower for God's sake!

Breakfast was excellent--an ample buffet with delicious freshly made waffles and pancakes. I recommend booking a room with breakfast included in the rate if you are 2 people--you will save money.

The concierge was very helpful in booking theme park tickets and recommendations.

The 2 functioning pools were very pleasant with responsive servers providing poolside drinks and food at reasonable prices.

Overall, an excellent value and a well-maintained hotel in a good location. A couple of minor quibbles in addition to the weak shower pressure:

1) self-parking is a long walk through the banquet hall area of the hotel--be prepared to send almost 10 minutes between parking your car and getting to your room.

2) The bed and pillows were far too soft for my liking. When I requested firmer pillows, I was sent 2 additional but still soft pillows.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Glad to read that you and your wife had a very pleasant stay with us. Thank you for noting our pleasant staff. We truly work very hard every day to make sure our guests have a great time. Just a note. Our self parking lot is adjacent to our ballroom. The ballroom can be avoided if you choose to by going up the walkway to the left of the ballroom entrance. As with your pillows, we use feather as a rule but you can always get a firmer foam pillow just for the asking. We hope that you will return again in the coming months to experience all of our exciting new outdoor features. Thank you for your review and letting the Trip Advisor readers know you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt last year because the hotel we had originally booked was nothing more than a construction site. This year there is ongoing work at the Hyatt but it has not affected our stay or our enjoyment in any way. Rest assured if it had we would have left immediately. Think positive. It is us the guests who will benefit in the months and years to come. We all have work to do and if like the work at the Hyatt some thought and consideration is entered into the equation at the start the fewer complaints should be received. Thought has been put in here. Thanks staff and management.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for staying with us and giving our resort a five point rating. We are glad you had a good time and we appreciate you noting our staff and management team. We hope you will come back and visit us again as we have so many exciting new features on the horizon and we know our guests' will love them !