$272
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$197
$137
Agoda.com
$263
$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
$473
$458
Travelocity
5,981 results
All reviewsresort feepitch and puttpaddle boatsrock climbing wallself parkingheated poolbeautiful hoteldisney fireworksper daysliding doorfire pittennis courtsdisney worldnear disneyorlando areagreat poolfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on around 6 - 8 occasions, and have just returned from my latest stay.

On the basis of experience over time, I can say that the staff here are helpful, accommodating, courteous, warm and seem genuinly interested in the comfort of guests. I have noted over the years that there are a number of staff who are there over a long time (one person told me she has worked at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress for 27 years) so they clearly have a satisfied and consistent staff - which is reflected in the service given and in returning patrons like myself. I was greeted like a friend by more than one member of staff, who remembered me, despite it being nearly two years since my last visit - no mean feat in a hotel of this size!!

The only downside to this stay arises from Hyatt's central booking system rather than from the hotel itself - on booking I was advised that there is some maintenence work, but nothing major or intrusive. I was not bothered about this, as I have stayed there in September before, and observed maintence to be such as cleaning the outside of the building and public areas etc. I specifically asked if the pool was affected and was told it wasn't. In fact, the heated pool is being dug up and a very large area of the decking around the pools was fenced off and is a building site - with diggers, noise, smell of petrol etc etc. Also, we were on the top floor, and on day two, a very large workmans cradle appeared and covered the top third of the window for the rest of the stay- not a very nice aspect to wake up to! So be aware of the "maintenence" over the next few months!

Overall though, another great stay at a great hotel - highly recommended.

Room Tip: High rooms give fantastice views over Orlando.
1  Thank AlwaysHopeful1
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your continued patronage. We certainly appreciate you letting the readers know that our service level in "Consistently Excellent". Many employees here have been with Hyatt 20, 30 and even 40 years. Coming in from other Hyatt hotels to work at Grand Cypress and truly enjoying the positive work environment. It certainly shows when long time guests such as yourself come back and several staff members recognize you and welcome you back. We hope you continue to patronize our resort. It is being upgraded as we are currently adding new and exciting features to the pool deck for guest enjoyment.

Steven M Ballot
Guest Relations
Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Reviewed September 26, 2012

EVERYDAY my husband and I would comment to each other and to others about how absolutely beautiful the property was and about the exceptional staff. Even now, I can recall the name of our waiter the first time in Cascade because he took such excellent care of us. Every request we made both in the restaurants and regarding room conveniences (a different blanket, etc.) were met with a cando attitude, We were there for business, but I often thought about how wonderful it would be to bring the grandkids--how much they would enjoy the humongous pool, the waterfalls, the slides, rock climbing wall and water crafts. We would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

So glad to read that the two of you truly had a great time here at the Hyatt. It proves the point that any employee can make a difference in the guest experience. By having several great guest-employee interactions made your visit with us so nice that you want to come back with the grandchildren. Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor readers.

Steven M Ballot
Guest Relations
Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to love this hotel. I poured over everyone's amazing reviews but I truly found this hotel subpar at best. I was annoyed the minute I arrived and the directions to parking was small and hidden. Trek from parking lot to lobby, ridiculously long.

There is a $22 a day actitivies fee, for what a pool under construction?

Lots of bugs at the pool, Lots!

Blood stains on the sheets, can I say GROSS

uncomfortable beds!

Long waits for elevators, so much so we almost missed the shuttle to Disney.

The hotel looks dated and although the rooms are renovated the building itself was an eyesore and not as amazing as those pics.

One Good thing, Room Service! I really enjoyed dinner and desert.

All in all, I would NEVER stay at this hotel again.

5  Thank ACTravels7
HotelManagerHRGC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that you encountered a few issues that were not up to our standards. As you mentioned, we are going through a refurbishment that involves the building as well as a portion of our smaller pool. Unfortunately, Central Florida experiences the harmless "love bug" season twice a year for a couple of weeks and because if affects so much of the State, there is little that can be done to eliminate them. Hopefully, you will return after the renovation to experience our "new" resort.

Regards,
Larry McCloskey
Hotel Manager
407-239-1234

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a lovely hotel set in lovely grounds, good location and friendly staff. The hotel is a bit dated therefore the refurbishment they are doing is well needed so go there after the construction is finished. I was there for 2 weeks with my family for a relaxing break, however you could not relax with the sound of a jack hammer, drills and diggers from 730am till 5pm 7 days a week. Also we were told the hotel was under occupied during our stay which was the reason the sports bar was always shut, this seems totally unfair for the guests that are staying there! The hotel is very clean and the rooms are what you would expect, nothing special though. I would not stay here again because I had a bad experience with the construction work ruining our holiday and when booking it we was not told about it. Plenty of other hotels in the area that are better unless you enjoy sunbathing on a building site!

Room Tip: Higher the room the better, also ask for a room overlooking Disney!
3  Thank davidisdabest

Dear Davidisdabest,

Your comments are appreciated and very helpful. As you mentioned, we are going through an upgrading of our recreational facilities as well as portions of the hotel building. I am truly sorry that these renovations affected your stay as your travel coordinator should have made you aware. We have also revised the hours of our White Horse Sports Bar so it will be open nightly. Again, thanl you and I hope that wou will return once our enhancements are complete.

Regards,
Larry McCloskey
Hotel Manager
407-239-1234

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is a very large hotel undergoing renovations which were explained at check in and was explained at check in. Unlike other reviews we did not find them intrusive. We had a king bed room with access to the club lounge. We found this to be a useful facility, drinks always available and computer access. There is a resort fee which for us we didnt get the benefit of because we didnt use the majority of the services.

It does include full use of their driving range which is about a mile away - you can either drive or take their shuttle. It was a nice service giving you a free cart and clubs to use together with unlimited practice balls. We took the opportunity to look at the course and it seemed to be very well maintained.

We didnt eat at the hotel so cannot comment on that. The valet parking was $23 which we found to be high for the area - when you couple it with the resort fee it is quite a significant extra amount that you end up paying each night.

The room was brand new and clean and could not be faulted. The air con unit stopped working but maintenance sorted it out within ten or fifteen minutes and was followed by a call to make sure we were satisfied. All the staff we encountered were friendly and attentive. This is probably an ideal property for a family, safe, clean and lots to do.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple