“One of The Nicests Hotels I Have Ever Stayed At !!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

Ranked #23 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“One of The Nicests Hotels I Have Ever Stayed At !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Wow this place is something. By far one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. Forget Hawaii, forget the caribbean, forget mexico. Everything you want is here. The Hyatt Grand Cypress has tennis, golf, the beach, sailing, and an amazing pool. The food is great at all of the restaurants. I want mention that the employees were extremely friendly and made sure we were well taken care of. Dan especially made a difference in our stay and we will definitely come back again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Noting that our resort is one of the best - bar none - is a great honor. Thank you for letting the Trip Advisor readers know that we have great facilities from a world class Jack Nicklaus designed golf course ( 3 nine hole courses and an 18 hole course modeled to duplicate the Old Course at St Andrews), hard courts and clay courts for an exceptional tennis experience and amenities for everyone else including non motorized paddle boats and hydra bikes, water slides and a rock climbing wall. With all of these great amenities and much more, our resort is a destination unto itself.
Thank you for staying with us and letting the Trip Advisor readers know what a great time you had here. We look forward to your return !

Steven.Ballot@Hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel really has it all!great staff,food,accomodation,facilities(check out the pools!)and location-central to everything especially disney a stonesthrow away.Mall of millenia the best shopping experience ever is 15 mins up the I-4.Overall its in my oppinion one of the best hotels in the world and ive seen alot of them.

Room Tip: Every room has been designed to be as central as possible so just go with whatever your given.There...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and noting you had an overall excellent experience here at the Hyatt Regency Grand cypress. It all starts with our well seasoned professional staff. Our recently renovated rooms are clean, modern and welcoming. Just recently we revamped our restaurant menus with new and exciting items that are sure to please. We look forward to having you join us again and hope that you will recommend us to your family and friends.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

I can't begin to describe how perfect our overall experience at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress was this past weekend! It was my 5 year anniversary and after a failed trip to Key West we decided to look into heading back up to Orlando, and boy am I glad we did! After some extensive research on hotels in the area I came across the Hyatt Regency. I read a lot of mixed reviews, some people stating customer service issues to high fees, but the good out weighed the bad and we booked our 2 night 3 day stay.
For starters I want to debunk the fee issue that keeps popping up in a lot reviews. Its actually pretty clear, yes there are fees associated with the hotel, like most resorts there is a daily fee for amenities. It is a $22 per night fee which includes a fabulous array of on site activities, which include 24/7 access to their stunning pools, kayaking on the lake and other lake activities, gym access, arcade fun for the kids, lake side hammocks, fire pit, put put golf, plus more! Now in regards to the $75 per night fee, this is not a fee they charge you unless you use room service or other hotel services. It is simply a temporary hold that the hotel places on pending status on your balance along with whatever other remaining balance is owed from the nightly rate. If you do not use any other services then the $75 per night is not charged and you will only be charged once checking out your remaining balance. In my case we made a deposit equaling half of our weekend total and actually used the room service and it was credited towards the $75 per night fee. We were charged the remaining amount when we checked out. We were even left a break down of every transaction in a balance sheet under our door the morning of check out. The hotel is not trying hide these fees, if you take the time to call them or read through your itinerary you will know all these things in advance instead of being "surprised" at check in.
From the moment we arrived we were greeted by their friendly staff and Merlot, the lobby parrot. We were even given each a glass of champagne to enjoy on our way up to the room! We had booked a king room and it had a lovely view of the property and pool. The room was very clean and I especially loved the modern decor of the whole hotel. After the long drive up from Miami we decided to spend the evening in the hotel and order room service and a movie. The food was very delicious and I loved the fact I was able to see a movie that was currently in theaters with out having to leave the hotel. The best part is that even though we weren't able to finish the movie, the friendly check out girl removed it from our bill! We took a walk around the resort and were very impressed by all the art, gardens and romantic pool side ambiance of waterfalls, fire pit and lake view hammocks.
The next morning we headed down to Cascades, just one of their on site restaurants. As a AAA member we were given each free breakfast vouchers for each night we were there at check in, which we could choose from the buffet or a single menu item. We went for the buffet. Which even though we only went up for one round, were very impressed with the selection, like individual spinach, cheese, egg white cups, fresh fruits, pastries, freshly made waffles and pancakes and deli meat and cheese spread. We were headed to Disney for the day and though we didn't use, the hotel concierge can get you tickets so you can skip the lengthy lines in the park and they also offer transportation to and from the hotel since there is a $14 parking fee at the parks. We spent the day in the park and returned to find the room freshly stocked and cleaned with towels, sheets and toiletries. We again ordered room service for dinner since we were so beat from the day in the park and once again were very impressed with the meals. Our server went above and beyond for us and I really wanted to recognize the much appreciated service. After realizing we did not receive vouchers for the next mornings breakfast and being told we had to go down for them at the front desk when I had called in from the park, our server said he would find out for us and he came back up with our vouchers! Again breakfast was wonderful and the floor manager for Cascades came over to our table a second time and made conversation and remembered us from the previous day. These little acts of kindness really place this hotels customer service on the top of my list of things I loved about the stay!
Thank you for the wonderful weekend and can't wait to go back again in the near future!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your 5 year anniversary. It is so nice to read that you had a spectacular time with us and plan on returning again. Our outdoor amenities are plentiful and alluring enough to keep our guests here instead of heading to the theme parks each day. Our staff works tirelessly to ensure that our guests get the attention they deserve and it was proven once again with your experience . Going above and beyond to make our guests happy is just part of what we do. We appreciate you letting the Trip Advisor readers know that when Orlando is the destination, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress should be at the top of the list of where to stay.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

This place is magical! It is worth every penny!!! From the minute you step out of your car you are transformed into luxury. The staff is pleasant, knowledgeable, helpful and wonderful. The brunch in La Coquina is the best I have ever experienced! It has over 100 items and each is prepared to titulate your taste buds. There is a cheese table that is better than any cheese table I have experienced in Paris! There is a separate room for the desserts which includes every imaginable treat there is! The water features (pools, spas, etc) are the best in Florida. There is so much to do at this resport that you would not want to leave! Weekends are wonderful here and special occasions! This is a Must See, Must Stay, Must do!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and noting that our staff did an exceptional job. We strive for a positive guest experience with everyone we come in contact with - and that is all guests ! La Coquina Sunday brunch is truly a one of a kind experience that is not matched anywhere. Many people enjoy the brunch while celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, engagements or just because they are looking for a unique dining experience.
We appreciate your positive comments and hope you return soon.

new york, new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband, two kids, ages 5 & 8 and myself stayed here for two nights. What a fabulous experience( and I am not easy to please)! I prefer to stay at four seasons so my expectations are always high when staying at any hotel. From the minute we arrived the service was exceptional.Obviously this is no Four Seasons but The hotel is very nice. Not over the top but we really enjoyed our stay here. The kids Loved it! From the pools, jacuzzies and plenty of different activities they were busy all day long. Our last stay in Orlando we stayed at the Grand Floridian, and the only thing better at the grand floridian was the location and convience. The entire staff here really gives 110% and it shows. Every staff member had a smile on their face and were all happy to help us in any way possible. The hotel is very clean inside as well as the grounds outside. We would definitely come back and also recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank helaine75
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, February 25, 2012
Thank you for noting that our staff gave 110% and letting the Trip Advisor readers know you and your family truly enjoyed your visit with us. Our pools and grounds are certainly some of the best in Orlando. We appreciate your review and hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night, and from the time of check in it was a disaster. Here are the ugly truths and facts of what we experienced upon arriving.

1: extremely rude check in girl who refused,yes refused to elaine a hidden fee they decided to spring on us.

2: the gm on duty stated he would not charge us for the hidden fee that was thrown at us upon arriving, however, our card still ended up getting charged.

3: when we asked for a cab we were told no cabs come on thier port that we would have no choice but to use thier transportation, which we later found out was untrue and twice the price of a taxi.

4: upon check out we were told the abnormally high security deposit would be released, however it never was and we had to get our bank involved to get it reconciled.

Over all. We received super 8 motel service, while paying a 4 star price, what a disappointment and horrible experience wiL never stay or recommended to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Travelgirl0534472
HotelManagerHRGC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for your review, however, I was distressed to read you comments regarding your recent stay. Your allegations certainly are not representative of the services that we provide and am sorry that your experience was something different. All fees are clearly disclosed at hyatt.com as well as other websites. I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns directly by calling the hotel at 407-239-1234.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

Recently stayed here for 2 nights for business meeting. Attractive property, wish I had opportunity to use the very impressive pool area. Location convenient to all the Disney attractions. Facilities were attractive and well maintained. Be very careful when booking: I had a lot of trouble with booking the room due to a mixup with my corporate travel service and it took an act of god to get things straightened out due to inflexible hotel staff...had I been an individual traveler I would have been screwed (though also would not have made the same error if I had been booking directly with the hotel instead of having to navigate our corporate site). They also have a "resort fee"...not uncommon but it still irks me and wish they would just build this into the rate instead of pulling this 'bait & switch' game of charging extra fees once you arrive. On top of that, the resort fee was supposed to include wireless internet, but the service crashed almost every time I signed on over 3 days. Don't charge me a resort fee and promise me a service and then have it be unreliable.

• 3 of 5 bubbles