“Fantastic! I would highly recommend!”

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Ranked #27 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Caledon, Canada
“Fantastic! I would highly recommend!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel was a great and pleasant surprise! We had stayed at hotels in the Disney vicinity before, and had a general idea of what we would be getting at this resort. BUT we were blown away - felt like we were at an all inclusive resort in the tropics!

The rooms were newly renovated beautifully, the resort land is huge with biking & walking paths, a pitch & putt mini golf course, the staff were very friendly and happy to have you, the pools were huge and great!

The ONLY negative I can point out was that the restaurants are expensive (which is all the same at these resorts where the meals are sep.). The food was good, but it was way overpriced for what you get. At least the hotel is close to many other restaurants in the area (with in/out parking at the resort).

Room Tip: The side that faces Magic Kingdom & the pool is a slightly better view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (967)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Boy, this is a tough one... I LOVE the Grand Cypress, always have. You probably picked up on a little animosity from the title of my review. I'll get the ugly stuff out of the way quickly. The combination of the resort fee AND a parking fee has crossed the line of what I consider good business. Parking should be included in the resort fee. Do a comparison to other hotels in the area... You aren't going to find BOTH fees being leveraged by more than one or two properties. Not even Disney, the KING of capitalism, charges for parking when you are a guest at their hotel. So, why charge it at Grand Cypress?? My recommendation, include the parking charge with the resort fee and even consider making the resort fee an optional add-on. For those guests that are going to use the services it includes, it's actually a really great deal. But, when you levy it without giving your guest a choice, it should just be rolled into the rate--period.

OK, enough of the gripes regarding recent changes.

If you are looking for an exceptionally pleasant place to hang your hat, Grand Cypress is wonderful for doing so. The staff are really great here and try to make your stay memorable as much as they can. The rooms are comfortable, but not overwhelming. The recent renovation took the hotel from a "Key West" style motif to a more modern look and appeal. Overall, I like what they changed.

Love the birds in the lobby atrium--Kula has always been my favorite!!

The pool is unique and a great place to spend a day. Plenty of activities to try out and the tennis courts are EXCELLENT here! How many hotels have clay courts you can play on?? (not many!) Playing tennis on clay courts makes the resort fee worth it by itself, but then again, I'm a tennis player and appreciate it. I still think the resort fee should be optional to give guests a choice.

Food and beverage at Grand Cypress doesn't disappoint, but I will say that the Regency Club appears to be declining in quality and offerings. Grand Cypress used to be able to even pride themselves as being one of the only properties in the Hyatt system to offer a complimentary cocktail on their Club floor (which should be the standard), but even they have gone the other way and now charge for drinks. Oh well....

I've never used the buses for the parks, but it's nice to have the option if you don't want to drive.

For the staff--well done! For the management--reconsider your recent changes in policies and operations.

Enjoy!!

Room Tip: I think the pool view is the nicest on the 8th floor or higher.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Araxa, MG
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed there for 9 nights to go to Disney and Universal. The hotel is fantastic and most important to me the staff were extremely friendly with my children. My first choice in Orlando!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Maine
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Booked this place on Priceline and was not disappointed! While I think that the 'resort fee' of $22.00 was a bit steep, it did include a chip and putt golf course, use of bike and boats as well as activities at the pool and wireless internet; for one night the fee was tolerable but it would certainly add up for a longer stay. But enough about that....This place is fantastic!! Friendly service from the valet to the towel hut attendants; rooms clean, comfortable beds and picture perfect grounds. We didn't eat in any of the restaurants as there are plenty in the area. Beautiful pool area with a waterslide though the pool temp was a bit cool, only one pool was heated. The lounge chairs were top of the line, some of the most comfortable I've been in! There was even a 'quiet area' if you wanted to be away from all the kids. Not far from the Disney parks, close to Downtown Disney and transportation offered by shuttle or towncar. I can't say enough good about this place and will definately return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We just came home from 2 days at the most lovely resort I think I have ever been to! The Grand Cypress was an add on to our short trip to Orlando for my sisters wedding. It was to be our 29th wedding anniversary also that weekend so we thought we would stretch out the weekend with something for us. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty! This was my second Hyatt stay in the past couple of months. (the last in Tampa ) I have to say, Hyatt has customer service down to a science and all the big chains could take more than a few lessons from them.

When we mentioned that friends we coming to visit us for the time we were there, but staying somewhere else, they handed me free parking passes for them. It was also mentioned that this was our 29th anniversary and magically, an hour later, champagne and chocolate strawberries appeared in our room!
When I called with a question or to thank the desk for our treat , they answered my call , "Hello Mrs Sarine, is there some we can help you with?". Once again, customer service to the top! Robes and slippers were delivered without asking. Very nice!
Every, and I mean every, employee we passed in the hallways or lobbies or pool area, always greeted us with a smile and asked if we were having a good time and did we need anything! Unheard of!

We had made reservations for their famous Sunday buffet and what a treat that was! We have been on many cruises and none of them equaled the presentation and selection and taste that this experience did! We stayed for 3 1/2 hours sipping champagne and listening to beautiful piano music! All of this included in the price! Upon leaving, our table servers gave us hugs and wished us many more years of happiness! Never has any restaurant done that!

All in all, the building , the amenities, the service, the people, the food, ( we also ate the night before at the white horse. Fabulous !!), was over the top! We WILL go back again and we WILL recommend the Grand Cypress to all of our friends and family! Thank you Grand Cypress for a most memorable 29th wedding anniversary!!!
Linda and Scott Sarine.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank linda s
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We have now stayed twice at this hotel. The first time was many years ago and then we went back last year and found a few pleasant upgrades.

Check in was smooth and we were given our complmentary glass of Champagne. Parking was also free when we vistied which was great compared to the marriott world centre where parking was expensive everyday.

The hotel has a huge attrium at reception full of plants, running water features and various parrots. There is also the lobby bar with piano player at night.

Room:
We had a newly refurbished room which was exceptional. All brand new and quality fixtures and fittings. The room was spacious with a huge bed, large bathroom and good views over a lake towards Disney.

Pool:
Really one of the best pools i have ever been to at a hotel. Large with seperate heated and childrens pool complete with the caves, waterfalls, flume, volley ball net etc... Pool service was also really good and the food was decent for what it was.

Location:
Just inside the disney zone and the hotel runs a free shuttle to most of the parks. A taxi to downtown disney was only $7 from memory for a night out and the hotel is very close to the interstate if you need to get further afield. We drove everywhere and wouldnt do Orlando without hiring a car.

The hotel isnt the cheapest for food/bar however thats what is expected for a 5 star hotel and certainly isnt the most expensive I have visited. The sports bar is a hidden gem, great friendly bar staff with a great food menu and freshly made to order Sushi.

When we come back to Orlando this will be where we stay again in future.

Room Tip: I have had both pool and lake view rooms. The pool view gives the best view over Disney to watch the...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Stayed between 4th and 17 October 2011 and cannot fault the hotel, staff or anything about the hotel. Views spectacular. Can't wait to go back. Thanks Hyatt.

Room Tip: Just book it
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family