“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #225 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Dublin
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at The Enclave Suites and I would recommend it without hesitation. I had read some of the previous reviews and was a bit dubious about staying there,but my worries were groundless. Rooms were spotless, staff extremely friendly and helpful. The few minor issues we had were addressed immediately. The air conditioning broke down in our room,they couldn't repair it so we were moved straight away, and given complementary food vouchers as an apology for the inconvienence. The one thing I would complain about would be the prices in their on site shop, a packet of cigarettes cost 10 dollars 75 cents, double the price of outside stores,100 per cent mark up is really unacceptable. Overall I would have no problem staying here again.

1 Thank AntoMDublin
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for writing this great review! We are happy that our rooms and staff members were able to make your stay with us such a great one! We appreciate this review and we hope you will stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Finnish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is always our hotel of choice when we travel to Orlando.
We have just returned from a seven night stay, and we'll be returning in November and next March.

Why do we always stay here?
This is one of the few hotels that offer free wi-fi, balcony, indoor pool as well as two outdoor pools, interior corridors and free parking.

The location is perfect for I-Drive, Universal, SeaWorld and Wet n Wild.
Easy access to I4 for Disney.

The deciding factor is that we know we will experience staff who always seem to go that bit further to ensure you have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much! We are delighted to hear that we are your hotel of choice when staying in Orlando! We are happy that our Wi-Fi, balcony, and pools keep you coming back, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After an initial issue over the room (i had requested a 3 bed) we was moved to a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms. Rooms are dated but have ample facilities. The staff on the reception desk dealt with the issue in a great way. It was my booking companies fault not the resorts. Breakfast was a a bit of a cattle market, and it was easier to grab breakfast on route to the parks. Swimming pools were great and the kids loved the fact that the indoor pool was 24hr. Very nice stay in a great location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this wonderful review! We are happy that our staff members were able to accommodate you, and we will be sure to pass along your kind words to the front desk staff. We are very appreciative of this review and we hope you will choose to stay with us again very soon.
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Enclave for 2 weeks September 13. We were a party of 3 adults (one with mobility and ASD / learning difficulties).

I had contacted the hotel prior to our arrival via facebook and requested a room near the elevator in building 1 due to having a disabled traveller who would find it difficult managing long walks and stairs. I had a polite reply telling me my request had been received and that they would try and give us a suitable room.

The lobby area was clean and tidy although quite crowded. Check-in was fairly quick. At check-in we were advised that a $50 deposit was required - we initially were going to pay using a uk debit card but were told that it would take up to 60 days after check out for the deposit to be returned to a debit card and that it would be better to use a credit card - as we didnt have one we paid the deposit in cash instead as they really didnt seem keen to accept our debit card.

The hotel charges $1/day for the in-room safe which is payable on check -out which is pretty standard compared to other hotels on i-drive.

We were given a room in building 1 on the 4th floor - 1412. To get into the building you use your room key and the lifts are next to the entrance. Our room was as far from the lift as it was physically possible to get and the corridor and walls outside our room were scuffed and marked which didnt create a good impression.

On entering our room we were pretty shocked by the state of disrepair and scruffiness. I was in fact so appalled that I took photos of all the damage as I wanted to show the front desk so that I wouldnt lose my deposit or get charged for them.

The room had a small kitchenette a double bed and a double sofa bed and a bathroom with shower and bath. The wi-fi in the room was very good. The balcony had an excellent view of wet n wild and universal

We have been visiting the USA for over 27 years and this was probably one of the worst rooms we have been given in terms of appearance which I think should be apparent from the photos I took. This included:

All the cupboard doors being loose and not closing fully
Holes and scratches to the walls
Wardrobe doors hanging off
Shower curtain torn
Wall paper loose and hanging off
Ceiling tiles loose with large gaps
Sections of rotten wood in the bathroom cabinets
Stains and burn marks on the carpet
Burn marks on the kitchen surface
Lamps / lights not working

(photos marked 1st room)

I showed the staff on reception the photos of the room and they called a manager out who after reviewing the photos informed me that all their rooms were inspected by maintenance prior to being given and that maintenance would be aware of the problems with the room.

As the room appeared clean and we had just moved from another hotel we decided we would stick with the room and went out. On our return to the room we found hundreds of tiny black ants crawling all over the kitchen area. I informed reception who sent a maintenance guy to deal with the problem - he sprayed the area and cleaned up the visible ants and advised us this should resolve the problem.

That night I was woken at 4am by knocking at our door - I didnt open the door but looked through the view hole to find a guy in just a pair of trunks outside our door - he wandered off but returned and again hammered on our door at 420am - again I didnt open the door but told him that it wasnt his room and he wandered off again. At 7am I went to get breakfast and found said guy passed out just outside our room in his shorts with one hand down them. I reported it to reception who sent security to deal with him - he was gone when I got back.

Our second day we returned to our room and as we came in a grid from the ceiling fell down hitting a member of our party, as well as the grid falling down another grid swung open leaving a big hole in our ceiling - again contacted reception who sent someone to repair it (took them about an hour and half to come up). While he was there I showed the maintenance guy some of the problems in the room and he did his best to fix some of them and he also photographed all the areas I pointed out as needing work which he couldnt fix.

On our third day we came home to find our kitchen area once again full of ants. At this point we decided enough was enough and that we wanted to switch to a different room. I spoke to Christina on the front desk who apologised for all the problems and who offered me an upgraded room in building 2 - Christina was very nice and helpful (as were ALL the staff we dealt with at Enclave) and she actually took me to see the new room which in terms of size was much bigger and looked to be clean and tidy and more importantly had no ants. This room was actually a suite with a walkway leading from the door into the living /kitchen area. There were 2 bedrooms a master with a double bed and ensuite bathroom with shower and a twin with 2 single beds and ensuite bathroom with bath and shower.

The new room was 2401 and right next to the lift which was helpful. The new room was certainly much better that the first however it too was quite shabby with some cupboard doors that didnt fully close, burns to the carpet, ripped bedding in the double bedroom (coverlet and valance) and marks on the bedding. (photos marked 2nd room) The wi-fi did not work well in this room at all - would only work in the master bedroom and in a small 2 foot square. When it was working it was slow taking 10-15 minutes to upload a single photo.

TVs were old style bulky with poor reception.

Air conditioning units couldnt be set any lower than 70

Rooms all appear to have balconies. In both rooms the balconies were good with some plastic furniture and really nice views of wet n wild and universal which were both lit up at night.

Housekeeping - unlike most hotels you do not get a "do not disturb" sign for housekeeping - instead you get a sign that says "I want fresh towels" / " I want house keeping". We assumed (wrongly!) that by not using the sign housekeeping would not come into our room, but they came in even when we didnt use the sign which was quite annoying as we were tired and didnt want to be disturbed.

Overall the quality of the rooms is very low and they need a good overhaul to bring them up to standard.

General other info about the hotel:

Location - it is located a short walk from I-drive near trolley stop 13/12 and near the lynx bus stop. Within walking distance are lots of shops and places to eat. It is behind the Magical Midway - there is quite a lot of noise from this which can be heard in some rooms. It is opposite the Pirates dinner show and you can sometimes hear noise from the show however this seemed to be finished by around 9pm so didnt cause a problem.

Amenities: This hotel has several outdoor pools and a 24 hour indoor pool with jacuzzi. The pools are fairly small however when we were there they were not overcrowded and you could easily have a swim etc without any problems.

They have a small exercise room with basic equipment and weights - we didnt use this but when we were near there were usually people in there working out.

Laundry facillities were available in each building. Cost for washing / drying machines $2.50 each - there didnt appear to be any change machines available to convert notes for these so if you do plan on washing or drying anything you need to get your quarters else where.

There is an onsite shop which is crazy expensive, there are also vending machines which sell soft drinks available in the buildings and a pizza hut on site.

Breakfast: There is a free continental breakfast available for all guests. This had quite a good selection comprising of: Fresh fruit (seemed to be apples, bananas and oranges although not always all available), cereal (choice of 2 rice crispies and fruit loops), bread - white & wheat, english muffins, bagels (selection varied daily) with toasting machines, whipped butter and choice of 2 jams available, pastries - varied daily but included mini plain, powdered and glazed donuts, mini muffins - blueberry, lemon, banana, danishes - strawberry, cream cheese, apple and choice of apple / orange juice plus coffee. You could pay to upgrade to a hot all you can eat breakfast for $3.99 but we found the free breakfast quite sufficient.

Shuttles: Free shuttle offered to Seaworld/Aquatica & Universal Islands/Studios. Few different pick up and collection times offered. Shuttle had to be booked in advance 24hr-15min before dept time with the Ticket rep in the hotel lobby. Very friendly and helpful driver on the shuttle called Terry who entertained every one with his singing and positive energy during the drive. Shuttles were on time and not overly crowded - I can imagine that in peak period people may have to stand though.

Staff: all the staff we spoke to /dealt with with friendly, polite and professional. Staff would greet you when they saw you and seemed to try their best to deal with guests questions etc.

Overall, unless the rooms are upgraded I wouldn't stay at the Enclave again.

Other useful information:

If you dont want to use the shuttle or you miss the shuttle it is easy to get to and from the parks from this location:

Seaworld /Aquatica - take the i-ride it stops at both and runs from around 7am until around 10pm with trollies coming every 20 minutes or so. You can also get Lynx bus number 8.

Universal - take the i-ride or lynx bus (8/42) to the stop just after wet n wild. Cross the road and catch lynx 37 - this will take you directly to universal stopping next to the shuttle drop off point

Disney - take the i-ride / lynx towards seaworld - get off at the stop opposite the Renaissance hotel (ask the driver if not sure for the transfer stop to number 50 lynx service) I think stop 32. Cross the road and take the lynx 50. This has 3 disney stops - the first 2 are at Downtown Disney the 3rd is at Disney Ticket and Transport Centre and you can then use the monorail/ferry/bus service to get to any of the parks.

Cost: $1.50 per trip on i-ride or they do multiday passes which you can purchase from most shops on i-drive approx $20 for 2 weeks. $2 per trip on lynx (you can include 1 transfer e.g. you could get the number 8 to seaworld and change to the number 50 on a transfer ticket) $4.50 for an all day ticket or again multi day tickets are available. Lynx buses run approx every 30 minutes. Children and older people get discount on Lynx and i-ride tickets to check with the driver before paying if you can get a discounted ride

Eating:- On the same road as the Encalve you have pizza hut (onsite), TGI fridays, All you can eat chinese and chilis. A short walk away is Cici's pizza (pick up a voucher for a free buffet outside the hotel shop), chuckee cheese, ihop, etc... If you are over 55 check as some restaurants offer specials which are cheaper for older people. Most places also offer a kids menu for under 12's etc...

Shopping: The Enclave is located a short ride on the i-ride from the premium outlets (these are at either end of i-drive). The florida mall is around 30 minute bus ride away - lynx 42 takes you there. Walmart can be reached by cab (around $13 each way) or you can get the bus - catch the 37 as if you were going to universal but stay on the bus til you get to south park.

Room Tip: Apparantly some rooms have been refurbished - ask on check-in for one of these - failing that reques...
3 Thank pinkspideruk
Thank you so much for this detailed review. We are so sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations on your recent visit, but we appreciate your comments, and will relay them to the appropriate departments. We hope that you might consider giving us another opportunity to show you better hospitality in the future. Thanks again.

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Reviewed October 2, 2013

On arrival staff were helpful and happy to assist, a welcome pack was waiting for us in our apartment which was great! We stayed on floor ten with excellent views if idrive & universal, the terrace was big enough to play football on & with an apartment with two rooms & 2 bathrooms which where clean and adequate for a family of 5, pools where clean and got the sun from morning to about 5pm, jacuzzis where a benefit too.
Not to far walk to idrive and the couple of pubs the g&d & Irish bars!! nice and local, good staff great breakfast in the v/breakfast bar the male Spanish host on the eggs to order range was a scream he always joked putting a smile on your face! Even the 2 old guys (like them of the muppets) always made us laugh if u listened to them through there NY twange!! BBQ on weekends with good value for money food & drinks! Kids get learnt water safety from a old guy called
Doc!! (If they have the patients) fantastic-good value-will come again!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Auxiliaryman
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed our property, and that our location was perfect for your needs. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to our staff, and we all hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We have recently come back from this hotel. We had a two bedroom apartment on the second floor of block 3. I would agree that the rooms are quite dated, but everything worked fine. however we were pleased to find that we had two bathrooms which was great. We only used the pool facilities once whilst we were there but they were very clean and we're more than enough beds.

The continental breakfast consists of a flask of coffee along with a toaster and bread and a selection of pastries. We upgraded to the cooked breakfast once and it's not great. You might as well walk up the road to Pondarosa or Denny's.

Location of the hotel is great. It's about 5 min walk from wet and wild and bus stops to all the parks are 100m away.

There are two bus companies working in the area, I-ride trolley and the lynx. We used the Lynx bus as this goes to all the parks. Number 8 goes to seaworld and then you can get a connecting bus, number 50 to all of Disney. This was $16 a week and you can buy the passes from the supermarket over the street.

My only gripe was the maid service. They once came maybe twice a week to our rooms and didn't do the best job to be honest.

Overall if I return to florida I would definitely consider this hotel again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a detailed review! We are happy to hear that our location and amenities served your well while staying with us! We will be sure to pass along your comments to the appropriate departments. Again we thank you so much for this review and we hope you return to see us very soon!
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have been there four times now at this hotel twice this year rooms are a bit outdated but we love it there as we can sit outside on the balcony having a nice drink .we love watching the ducks and cats and kittens. It is in a lovely location and the staff are very friendly as well. Lovely pools .

Room Tip: A pool view with a balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for this review! We appreciate your loyalty, and are delighted that you love our balconies, fantastic views, and friendly staff. Thanks again for this review and we hope we will see you again soon!