“Great Hotel”

Ranked #222 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Dublin. Ireland
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just back from a two week stay with my husband and two sons. Found the Enclave to be perfect for our stay, Its in a good central location and has all the necessities. Its just a short walk to International Drive and once you've bought your I ride trolley tickets (which can be bought on site along with any other trips you might avail of) you can get around very easily. The I ride will bring you to Universal and Wet 'n Wild and the Premium Shopping Outlet. An I. ride ticket for two weeks is $18 per person and well worth it. There is a Pizza Hut on site along with a small shop, indoor and outdoor pools and a gym. Although the on site shop is fine for the odd necessity its better value to shop further afield. Definitely get the special refill mugs that they offer because constantly buying soft drinks can soon mount up to a considerable amount. The refill cups means you can get soft drinks whenever you want for free once you buy the cups themselves. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly and apartments were really clean and spacious. Definitely wouldn't mind staying here again.

1 Thank Dollysister2
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review with us. We’re happy to hear that our staff made your stay a memorable one and that you found our apartments to be clean and spacious. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and we hope you do so again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed July 30, 2013

2nd year running to this hotel establishment and every year gets better & better. I always request a renovated room via hotel mgr, who always tries her best to fulfil my request. This year we had a room on 10th floor with huge balcony it was fab! Would recommend these hotel suites to anyone they are fab, central location and good facilities. A+++

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank DonnaLes71
Thank you for your kind words! We’re thrilled to hear that you are such a loyal guest and that we consistently make your stay more enjoyable than the last. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Reviewed July 30, 2013

When I 1st read the reviews after my husband booked I was a little worried, but no need to be it was clean nice staff. The hotel is dated but is kept very well.
Clean and tidy!
Lovely pools and hot tubs.
Breakfast was not the best but plenty there and choice of hot or cold! There are places all over doing breakfast for $6. It's nice to have a change I think!!
When you read the reviews remember what you have paid and how much time you will spend in the hotel. We used it to sleep in there is so much to do in Florida you should not be in a hotel all day!!! Would go back tomorrow thank you very much for a lovely holiday!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank sophiejeff
Thanks for writing us a review. We’re happy to hear you enjoyed our pools and hot tubs and that you found everything to be clean and tidy! We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your vacation and hope to see you and your husband again in the future!
Broxbourne
Reviewed July 29, 2013

What you must do is complain if your room is rubbish. Our first room had cupboard doors hanging off, no lock on the balcony door and an air con that sounded like a boeing 737. We complained and when that couldn't fix the problems they offered to move us. Our second room was cleaner and in much better condition although it did turn out to be smaller. We found out that these suites are privately owned and some are in much better condition than others. So people MUST complain so they have to stop renting the awful ones out to people. It may only have three stars but you don't have to just put up with rubbish rooms.

3 Thank Bridgette2013

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Edinburgh
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just returned from our 3rd. stay in this hotel. It is in a perfect location, just minutes from I. Drive and lots and lots of restaurants and shops.The staff are all very welcoming and very friendly, in particular the reception staff, Josse & co., they will help you with anything and everything.

We are hoping to go back next year and get the same fabulous service and comfort.

The Bertrams

2 Thank EdinburghDickson
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thanks for being such a loyal guest! We’re glad your third time with us was just as good as the first two. We appreciate your kind words and can’t wait to see you for your fourth visit!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at the enclave for 2 weeks from 9/07/13, we were initially put in a ground floor apartment, the next morning I requested a room with a balcony higher up, the reception staff were helpful and I was told i'd have to wait till the friday morning for another room. Friday morning arrived and I had a phone call from reception, they had got us a room in our building on the top floor with a large balcony over looking the lake and Universal Studios, she came to our room and took me up to have a look before we moved.
After we had moved our bags, we were making our way out when the maids came to our door, my son had left his watch, and my partner his t shirt in the other room, this was very good of them. The rest of the stay we used the pool several times, we were in block 2, and you had to be quick to get a bed, at 8am the gates were opened and towels placed on every available be and chair!, although there is a sign saying not to do this, it isn't reinforced, luckily I dont mind sitting on the floor on my towel, but it is annoying as most of the day the beds stayed this way with no one actually using them.
We found this complex suited our needs, close to International drive and all the local shops, and the staff were excellent in responding to any request, my son called in reception for toilet paper, an when we got back the room had been cleaned, and we ha a phone call to confirm everything was ok, we would stay here again, an recommend it to others, although it is basic an maybe could do with a lick of paint and new furnishings,if your in your room so much that its going to be a problem, stay somewhere else, and dont go Florida, go Spain and save your money.

Room Tip: go high, block 2
1 Thank lovenewyork1
We’re so glad to hear you had a great stay with us! We apologize for the inconvenience by the pool and will notify management of your feedback. We hope you will choose to stay with us for your next Orlando vacation!
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just spent 14 days at the Enclaves Suits Resorts in Block 1 as we were going to visit Disney World and Universal Studios and like many of you I had read plenty of good and bad reviews about it so was a little unsure about what I would get. If you do intend to stay here then don't expect five star service, you'll be disappointed. You get what you pay for, it's a cheap place to stay, the rooms are a little dated, it's been a few years since I've seen a phone on a cord. and all I saw the room as was a bed to sleep in, I was in Orlando to see the parks...that's all.

Good

Staff are friendly and will do there best to do what you ask which is nice to know.

it is good value for money, it was cheap so I wasn't expecting perfection or anything, I got a good nights sleep always and the bed was comfy. The location is also great for going to theme parks, you are on the doorstep to International Drive which is full of shops for buying souvenirs and restaurants and very close to Universal Studios, Disney is a bit away but they do have a shuttle bus which you can book for however, if you want to stay and watch the fireworks in Magic Kingdom then you'll have to get a taxi back to the hotel which cost us about 40 dollars.

A Pizza Hut is on site and they deliver to your room for 3 dollars which is good especially if you've been on your feet all day at a park and cant be bothered to go out for a meal. A TGI Fridays is also nearby so there's good choices for an evening meal.

Bad

Had to spent 50 dollars before getting to my room in case we broke anything and for the safe key, 1 dollar a day and they refund your money afterwards, would have been nice to have a bit of a warning about that beforehand. I didn't mind, just wish I was forewarned...I would have brought a bit more money.

The cleaners would only clean our room every three days and you had to be in the room when they were there or they couldn't get in. One day we set off early for Disney and left a 'clean room' sign on the door. When we returned however, our room had been untouched, you could tell that they don't dust. And whenever we did see them in our hallway, they were mostly only playing Candy Crush on their phones but they would always say good morning. They did do a good job when they did clean the room, I just think you shouldn't have to wait until they clean your room when you would rather want to be making your way to Disney or Sea World instead.

The toilet leaked all over the bathroom floor on our third day however after we complained they sent up someone to fix it and also rang up afterwards to make sure it had been fixed which we thought was good.

The rumour about bugs in rooms are indeed true I'm afraid, my fiancé saw at least six insects during our stay there, all in the bathroom but there was no cockroaches like some people have said on here.

My real main issue with the room was the plug sockets, none of them would hold my plugs in, they would keep slipping out and I would always have to use my bag to hold it in which I thought was a little unacceptable and I suggest that the hotel looks into this as people like to charge there phones and battery's.

I strongly recommend that you get an I ride trolley pass, it SAVES you time and money and takes you up and down International Drive, 18 dollars for a 2 week pass. Be wary though, it can get busy early mornings and evenings with people going and coming back from parks. We were often stood up on journeys so prepare to have tired feet every day.

Overall it is a good hotel, it just may need to catch up with the times and get out of the 90's. It's a cheap hotel close to parks so you do save money but you may have to put up with making sure chargers stay in the plugs, bugs in your room, your room not getting cleaned while your out. This review is not to put people off coming to this hotel, despite a few issues, I made due and you can as well just be aware that you more than likely will run into some issues.

Remember

. You will pay 50 dollars before you get to your room
. Your room will not get cleaned if you aren't there, even if you leave a sign on the door
. It may have just been our room but I doubt that, the plugs will fall out of the plug holes very very easily

It's good for value, it just depends if that's the kind of stay you want, a Cheap one. You want cheap, you get cheap.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mattw2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay with us. However, we are glad that overall you found your stay to be good value, and our staff very helpful. We hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.