“Excellent base for Orlando”

The Enclave Hotel & Suites
Ranked #222 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Thrapston, United Kingdom
“Excellent base for Orlando”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Having read some of the reviews before we arrived, our expectations probably weren't that high. On arriving we were placed in block 3 and the room, whilst clean, was a bit dated and smelt very damp. However we could have lived with it but mostly we were disappointed with the view, so we decided to ask reception if we could move. Kaitlin (hope I've spelt that right!) could not have been more accomodating, explaining that as they were full we couldn't move right away but she could get us into block 1 with a lake view the next day. True to her word, the next day we were relocated, and we even got back from a day at the parks to find they had even moved all of our luggage over for us. This room was a marked improvement. To put the accomodation in perspective (British readers will appreciate this more than anyone else), the rooms are a little dated in the style of a Butlins chalet pre the latest refurb; the furniture and equipment is quite old, but the rooms are clean and spacious and serve a purpose for a great location to enjoy Orlando. Yes. We saw a few tiny bugs, but after owning a house in a very hot area of Spain for some years we have learned that you cannot avoid creepy crawlies in hot countries. It is just something you have to accept no matter how hard you clean. As we had moved to a very high floor we got quite a lot of noise from the air con, which again I think is a bit antiquated, but it works perfectly and you just get used to the noise. The breakfast is a bit weird because you get a bag of items which vary so no 2 people can have the same thing; I.e. one might get a cereal bar, one might get fruit, one might get pop tarts etc, but the way we looked at it was we never really expected a full breakfast so it was just a bit of a bonus to get a coffee and some nibbles to tied us over until we ate later in the morning or at lunchtime. And the girl who dishes the breakfast bags out is just pure entertainment! Overall I guess the best review I can give is that we would definitely stay here again, only with the benefit of having stayed here we would know which rooms to ask for. But in terms of friendliness of the staff, location, parking and adequate accomodation, we really cannot fault it. A special mention goes to Kaitlin and Hannah who were absolutely fantastic in assisting us when we needed it.

Room Tip: Avoid block 3, and request a high floor preferably with a lake view..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank James B
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments! We appreciate you feedback, and recommendation to others. We will let the staff know how much you appreciated their efforts, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (850)
  • Finnish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Me and my young family were booked to stay in the Enclave for 8 nights we stayed for less than 8 hours! We arrived early hours Saturday morning and were allocated our 2 suites both were in block 3. We had asked prior to arrival for renovated rooms and were assured we would get renovated rooms however this was not the case. Block 3 has a terrible damp smell which on first impressions is very unappealing having spent a lot of money for a holiday. To make matters worse the room I was allocated was on short Horrendous. As we walked into the room my first thought was my kids are Not staying in here, it was dirty the carpets were not clean, the bathroom was also dirty and had mites all over the sink and as for the so called kitchen area the cupboard doors were hanging off. I inspected everything even the bedding was dirty. Immediately I went to check the other room our party was allocated this was no better apart from the fact the lights worked as in our case they did not. We immediately informed reception who said they would deal with it in the morning as it was 4am. Eventually we rang Virgin uk and complained but as of the time difference there was nothing they could do until after 9 am Florida time. We didn't sleep at all and left the kids in there respective prams as there was no way either was laying in a bed so dirty.
9am Came and we were straight down to reception. Who refused to relocate us as we were in one of there better suites, if that's what they call good I would love to see the bad rooms they have!
Eventually with the help of a rep and more financial cost to ourselves we moved out of the hotel, to our surprise though when we went to check out we were advised management had already checked us out! My one bit of advice would be if you looked at the enclave in a travel brochure turn over the page and book elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate your feedback. We are very disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations on your recent stay. However, we appreciate the information which we will share with our appropriate departments. Thanks again!
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We just returned from enclave suite . I read reviews before we went . I sent a email to hotel & told first choice I wanted a renovated room . On arrival with the email saying a would get what I wanted . The receptionist said room is renovated I went to view room block 2 IT WAS NOT renovated so I returned to reception . Complained with everyone else . The duty manager & Yancy Henera upgraded my room . We were in block 1 and room was better . All the staff were so nice and helpful.
Are room was cleaned and fresh towels were always given .
The middle outdoor pool is heated.
I have stayed in better hotels in Orlando but the location is good for parks , restaurants and premium outlets on I drive .

The hotel park bus driver is so entertaining and such a happy lovely person .
The staff work very hard and deserve better gratitude . Remember Americans are more positive and that's why I love Orlando . This was my fourth visit to Orlando but no this hotel .
I would return to this hotel as I have a list of the best rooms . Thank you to Yancy henera & reception staff and breakfast staff .
Go to Ihop for breakfast as all Americans eat there & the other breakfast restaurants are rubbish .
Chillies have the meal for 2 for $ 20 and buy 1 get 1 free drink .
Go to premium outlets on I drive more shops and get a voucher for discounts .
The red line I trolley goes the I trolley stop 1
Have a good holiday

1 Thank lvholidays
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank so much for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you were impressed with the customer service that you received from our staff, and that we were able to assist with your requests. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Orlando.
Pembrokeshire UK.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My partner and I arrived at the enclave suites at approximately 1500 hours after a 9 hour flight from the Gatwick.
We checked in but unfortunately our travel agent had not completed our request for a high floor with a terrace and a pool / lake view therefore we had been allocated a terrace but no pool view.
The staff at Enclave bent over backwards to accommodate with our requests and two days later we were moved into a room with a terrace and pool / lake view, we did not have to move ourselves as the staff did everything for us.
The hotel has a gym with a few machines in it, ok it’s not a sports centre gym but I am a keen weight trainer and like anyone else interested in fitness was able to train as much as I do at home by adapting with the machines available. After all you are on holiday.
Although the house maids only meant to come in every three days or if you put the card on the door, we couldn’t fault them as everyday they asked us if we required their services.
This hotel has friendly and accommodating staff, the location is fantastic for i drive and the car parking is great also.
We would like to thank all the staff for making our holiday enjoyable especially Heather and Loraina who went out of were always friendly and accommodating in reception.
We have already booked our holiday for 2013 to Florida and will be staying at the Enclave Suites once again.
This will be our Fourth time staying at the Enclave Suites.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and upgrade to a terrace. well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John D
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for a third time, we appreciate your loyalty. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, fantastic location, and great parking. We will certainly pass your compliments on to Heather, and Loraina, who will be happy to hear how they greatly contributed to your positive experience. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

1st time family holiday to Florida, we were all extremely excited booked a virgin holiday package as you would expect Virgin Holidays to have a good standard of Hotel !! This is not what we got, arrived at hotel check in was ok. Then we got to our room to be greated by what can only be described as a dirty, horrendous room their were bugs running round the bathroom sink, the shower looked like it hadnt ever been cleaned, the bed linen was dirty and the carpet was thick with dirt. The rooms were old in need of a major renovation lights did not work, bathroom taps did not work. I do not know how anyone could recommend this hotel or say it was suitable for family's it is beyond me. I have never left a bad review about a hotel before on here (I have never come across a hotel this bad) and we travel a lot. Please think twice before staying here!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. We sincerely value your thoughts and opinion. We apologize for any disappointments or frustrations you experienced during your stay. However, we're appreciative that you made us aware of them. We constantly strive to improve upon ourselves and will take this as an opportunity to do so. Thanks again!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

So you spend thousands of pounds to take your family on a once in a life time holiday to Florida and this hotel is recommended to you by your travel agent so you book it through them! You arrive at the hotel all seems well until you get into your room... And the first thing that comes into your head is this is in desperate need of updating! The sofa bed's mattress was absolutely filthy and so was the unironed scruffy oversized linen that was provided for it! The springs had gone in both mattresses so when someone moved during the middle of the night everyone else in the room was woken up! The bathroom... What a disgrace! The last guests hair in the shower, basin, behind the back of the toilet seat and the inside if the toilet was something else! There was remains of old soap and dirt on the soap dish. The floor in the bathroom was filthy and the carpet needed a good vac! The grab and go breakfast for three of us was ridiculous, we got a carrier bag which contained a Cheerio bar, a small Danish and an apple with three very small cartons of apple juice which you get on a plane with your inflight meal! So due to being starving we bought some bread to have some toast, the toaster didn't work, neither did the kettle, neither did the bedside lights or the tv remote! Your supposed to get your room cleaned every three days after 8 days we had to ask someone to clean our room, well if you could call it cleaning, was just the same as when we arrived apart from we ended up with about 15 towels in the bedroom which included dirty and clean! We attempted to complain but the so called manager informed us that the real manager was off that day! Surprise surprise nothing got done! Really really disappointed!!!!!

4 Thank Libs16
We are very sorry to hear this about your experience with us, and we will be passing your review along to our management team. Our guests’ experience is very important to us and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. We hope that you and your family will consider staying with us again, so that we can show you our true potential.
wishaw scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

my husband, myself and my 2 children arrived at the enclave suites after a 9 hour flight from the uk and no sleep, as we had been travelling through out the night. check in was ok and the card given for us to go to the suite, well i nearly passed out when we opened room door, the walls were all marked and the table and chairs were all scratched, the room had a thick sticky shag pile carpet it was terrible(me putting it nicely) so i duly made my way straight back to reception and asked for another room, which i was given only this time it was even worse the wall paper was hanging off the walls.so back down to reception i went and asked to speak with the duty manager on that night who was Vera, but i had to wait as there was another unhappy couple in front of me, the reception is needing a face life as i sat on a chair and sank into it as it was that old. Anyway after speaking with Vera we were shown a third room which was ok , and Vera informed me we would get moved on the Sunday when a better suite became available, needless to say this did not happen. the best thing about this hotel is the friendly and accommodating staff, the location is fantastic for i drive and the car parking is great also.
the maid services were excellent and the room was kept clean, in fact on the 3 rd day hotel services came to our door to see if we were ok,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank amr7
Thank you so much for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your stay got off to a bumpy start, but we're so glad that we were able to assit you. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and will certainly pass those along. We hope that you will come back to stay with us again.