Having read some of the reviews before we arrived, our expectations probably weren't that high. On arriving we were placed in block 3 and the room, whilst clean, was a bit dated and smelt very damp. However we could have lived with it but mostly we were disappointed with the view, so we decided to ask reception if we could move. Kaitlin (hope I've spelt that right!) could not have been more accomodating, explaining that as they were full we couldn't move right away but she could get us into block 1 with a lake view the next day. True to her word, the next day we were relocated, and we even got back from a day at the parks to find they had even moved all of our luggage over for us. This room was a marked improvement. To put the accomodation in perspective (British readers will appreciate this more than anyone else), the rooms are a little dated in the style of a Butlins chalet pre the latest refurb; the furniture and equipment is quite old, but the rooms are clean and spacious and serve a purpose for a great location to enjoy Orlando. Yes. We saw a few tiny bugs, but after owning a house in a very hot area of Spain for some years we have learned that you cannot avoid creepy crawlies in hot countries. It is just something you have to accept no matter how hard you clean. As we had moved to a very high floor we got quite a lot of noise from the air con, which again I think is a bit antiquated, but it works perfectly and you just get used to the noise. The breakfast is a bit weird because you get a bag of items which vary so no 2 people can have the same thing; I.e. one might get a cereal bar, one might get fruit, one might get pop tarts etc, but the way we looked at it was we never really expected a full breakfast so it was just a bit of a bonus to get a coffee and some nibbles to tied us over until we ate later in the morning or at lunchtime. And the girl who dishes the breakfast bags out is just pure entertainment! Overall I guess the best review I can give is that we would definitely stay here again, only with the benefit of having stayed here we would know which rooms to ask for. But in terms of friendliness of the staff, location, parking and adequate accomodation, we really cannot fault it. A special mention goes to Kaitlin and Hannah who were absolutely fantastic in assisting us when we needed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom/two bath suites and deluxe studio suites with fully equipped kitchenettes and private balconies. Located just off famous International Drive and 5 minutes to Universal Orlando. Two outdoor pools plus an indoor heated pool & spa. Free continental breakfast and shuttle to Universal and Sea World, small fee for Disney Shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Enclave Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Enclave Hotel Orlando
- The Enclave Hotel And Suites