“Great location”

The Enclave Hotel & Suites
Ranked #223 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just spent two weeks at the enclave suites and it was a really good place to stay for several reasons. I was a bit worried when I read some of the reviews but there isn't really any need to worry. It is a little bit worn around the edges but that is all, it is a busy hotel and well used so things do get a little knocked about but don't let that put you off in any way. We were in building two floor four and the view of the lake from the balcony was great. We arrived a few days after my sister and had asked to be near by her room and they managed to do that for us we could check out on the balcony when we were all ready to go out. The room was cleaned every three days which was plenty for us. You could also see they were doing some of the rooms up as we were there which was good to see. The swimming pool and grounds were great and there was plenty of parking. The location was one of the best things, we have stayed down the 192 in the past but I much prefer this location being minutes away from all sorts of shops and Universal and not that far from Sea World, Acquatica and Disney. I would not hesitate to book here if we go to Florida again. You don't need to have a rental car but I would say get one if you can as you have so much more freedom to explore.

Room Tip: Building two higher than floor 3 odd number rooms will get you a view over the pool and lake with Un...
2  Thank Debsym62
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write such an honest and endearing review! We are happy to hear that during your two-week stay with us, you found value in our resort’s facilities, amenities, and our premier location! If you do happen to visit Florida again, we would surely love to have you back at our resort for another splendid stay!

There are newer reviews for The Enclave Hotel & Suites

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Just back from our two week stay,we were a family of three couples and had previously emailed the manager about renovated rooms and that is what we got,one being a roof top terrace.This was my fourteenth time to Florida,but the first time at this hotel, myself and the rest of my family will certainly be returning.This is not a five star hotel but it served all our needs.All the staff we came across were very friendly,especially Yancy,if you had a problem they would sort it out straight away,we had a towel rail come loose and my daughter had a problem with the hair dryer socket,which were both seen to within an hour.The only gripe i have is the cleaning of the rooms,as they don't seem to look under furniture and they are supposed to clean every three days,but this wasn't done in our room,so you need to hang the sign out that you want your room cleaned,this is why i gave it four out of five.The grounds and pools(all three of them)are very well maintained and we loved feeding the fish and the turtles in the lake each morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent resort experience with us. We are so glad to hear that our staff and management team was able to assist you, both ahead of time and during your stay, to make for a fabulous vacation experience. We will surely pass on the kind words to our staff, and we’re looking forward to your family’s next visit!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here again (9th time) and once again really had a great time. We stayed in a different hotel last year for a change and this year after booking the Enclave were quite wary as we had been informed that they let thing slip a bit, after a couple of emails to and fro between myself and the reservations team we were confident all would be well and once again the Enclave did not let us down. We had a two bed with large balcony and have to say it was fab, it was clean, up to date furniture, comfy beds and absolutely no problems at all, the staff were lovely also. This is a prime spot to stay in, just off I Drive and next to TGI Fridays & Chili's, they have also on site B-B-Que evenings and other on-site deals. I am already looking to book the Enclave for our hols next year, cannot wait.

1  Thank TJR2105
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

We must say, repeat visits from our valued guests are one of the greatest compliments we can receive! We’d like to thank you for making our property your resort of choice when you visit Orlando; it means the world to us! We’re delighted to hear that you value the wide range of amenities that we offer to our guests. We cannot wait to welcome you back again for another wonderful stay!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I visited Orlando for our belated honeymoon in September 2012.
We stayed at the Enclave Suites and have only got positive things to say about our stay there.
Are the rooms perfect? No they're not, but they are more than adequate for what you need when staying in Orlando. Also the bed in the room was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel!
The room was cleaned regularly and to a high standard.
The wife and I enjoyed sitting on the patio at the back of our room with a couple of beers after a long day at the Parks looking at the amazing thunderclouds. The view even from the ground floor was great!
The staff at reception were welcoming and really friendly. They generally can't do enough for you, and when our smoke alarm had a fault and was going off in the middle of the night, they upgraded us to a free buffett breakfast which set us up for a day of walking round the parks!

The hotel provides free transport to Universal and Seaworld, they will book you free transport to Busch Gardens which entails a short walk to the "Crab House". Transportation to Disney World however is not free and costs $12 per person which can work out quite expensive.
On the whole that is the only negative point I have to say, even with the smoke alarm incident.
These things happen, and they were onto it straight away!

An unforgettable holiday, made all the more comfortable by the sleeps we were able to have due to the comfort of the beds!!

Thanks and hope to see you again in a couple of years.

(The couple who walked to Seaworld)

Room Tip: I was slightly envious of those with a balcony due to the views of Universal!
1  Thank Jonathan R

We’d like to take the time to thank you for reviewing your recent experience at our resort. We are extremely pleased to learn that our clean and comfortable housing accommodations, as well as our warm reception staff, were able to provide you and your wife with a memorable Honeymoon. We hope to see you and your wife again in the near future!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were very disappointed by our accommodation. When we arrived in our room and set up the sofa bed the mattress was in a terrible state I wouldn't even let a dog sleep on it! Both bedrooms had patches of "fresh" paint on the walls, the shower head in one bathroom was really dirty, the curtains/rail wasn't attached properly so when I went to close them they fell off! (just missed my head lucky it wasn't one of our kids!) when walking into our hotel building one of the ceiling tiles fell down and just missed one of our kids (we reported it to the manager and didn't even get a sorry!) There was a big clump of hair in one of the bedrooms, generator noise outside our building 24/7 . We reported the state of the room we got given another mattress ontop of the dirty one and a VIP clean which we don't notice had been done and wasn't done well at all as we found receipts, a remote and some cream under the sofabed and a very dusty top of a tv so it obviously the clean wasnt that great!! then once packing to leave we checked the draws and found that someone else's clothes n knickers were in a draw!!!! Both kids thought they were the others items!!! Soooo not impressed! The only good thing was the reception and the staff. Breakfast was included but it was the same everyday pop tarts and fruit nd apple juice!

Room Tip: Don't stay in Enclave Suite 3!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We are so sorry to hear that we did not surpass your expectations during your recent stay with us. Guest satisfaction is a great priority to us, so rest assured that we will forward the problems you encountered to our management team in efforts to improve our resort. We hope that you will give us a second chance to prove our true value to you and your deserving family.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our second stay at The Enclave, the first being in 2010. We are already planning to return (hopefully in 2014)

Obviously we enjoyed our first stay enough to rebook again. In 2010 we had a studio but this time we had a 2 bed suite due to an extra member of family joining us.

I had emailed ahead and asked if I could make a few requests, during our holiday, my partner and I got married so it was important to me that everything was just right. We had other family members staying here too so my first request was that we be in the same building so they could help me with the children on the morning of the wedding. The other 2 requests were for a refurbed room and one on a high floor with a view of the lake if possible.

On arrival, check in was quick and easy. Staff were very efficient. We were assigned room 2902. That means building 2, 9th floor, room 2. We went to our suite.. and loved it immediately. It was on the 9th floor as I already said so the high floor request had been done, I went straight for the patio doors and found the most amazing view of the lake infront of me. Another request fulfilled. The suite itself was very spacious, very clean and was modern. Flat screen wall mounted tv in the living area, black granite work surfaces, tiled floor in the living area and bathrooms. The bedrooms were a good size, the shower in the master bedroom was huge. I was more than happy with it.. infact I was thrilled, as was my family. All of my requests had been done as the other family members that I mentioned were also situated in the same building. Requests are not guaranteed but I am sure that the staff do the very best they can to accommodate peoples wishes.

The pools are all very well maintained, the grounds are well kept and very picturesque.

The location for us is a big bonus as we are none drivers. A short walk to I Drive, hop on the I Trolley and its so easy to get to the main parks. The shuttle that runs daily to some of the parks is really good too. We used it to go to Universal and my young daughters thought that Terry was fabulous!! Him singing wheels on the bus had them in hysterics.. they thoroughly enjoyed that trip! Actually.. the kids were not the only ones who thought Terry was fab.. I did too! We didn't maximise the use of the shuttle though as we like to be up and away quite early, so found that some of the scheduled times were a little too late for us. Not a problem though because of the excellent public transport system that is almost on the doorstep.

The food court is really handy and we used it on several occasions, The small shop on site came in handy too when we ran out of milk early one morning.

All in all, this place is fantastic. I would not hesitate to stay again, nor would I hesitate to recommend it to my family or friends.

I have read some of the reviews on here and been gobsmacked by them.. I think its just a case of people liking to moan, my advice would be to give it a go for yourselves.. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Thank you Enclaves! We will definitely see you again!

1  Thank Amanda L
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Checked in by the lovely Kaitlin. Very welcoming and gave us all info we needed. We were in an executive guest room (2 adults). It was massive. small balcony but not a problem. There was a problem with the 2 cooking rings. Maintenance tried twice to fix but couldn't. End result was an upgrade to another room. Lenora facilitated this together with her manager. We could not be more impressed. Both with the efforts to resolve the problem and when they couldn't, with the immediate offer of room change. Houskeeping is only every 3rd day but if you want it more frequently or you need clean towels, there is a notice to hang on your door. The housekeepers are lovely and nothing too much trouble. The Enclave itself is in prime site. I Drive with all the shops bars restaurants within 5 min walk. Wet n wild 15 min walk.Would DEF go back there again. In fact we are already looking towards next years holiday.

1  Thank lindyloo01
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at The Enclave Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We are flattered by your lovely words! We're so happy that Kaitlin and Lenora were so accommodating. We're very proud of our staff as they strive to create the best stay for every guest. We're also very glad to hear that you took advantage of our convenient location! We believe Enclave allows for the ultimate Orlando experience, and your vacation is proof of that!  Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to seeing you back here soon!