“value for the money”

Ranked #224 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
delta bc
“value for the money”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We needed a last minute Hotel in Orlando for one night . Booked online . Got a 2 bedroom very spacious suite with a full kitchen for less than $90.
One very comfy bed in the main room and 2 singles ( hard beds) in the second room. Kitchen had everything you need if you want to cook your own meals. Large sitting room with table for meals. Spacious terrace. Decor a little dated , but impeccable housekeeping. If you don't mind a older looking but clean bathroom and are looking for space this is terrific value.Complimentary breakfast was bad , but hey don't pick this hotel for that reason.next door to Wet n'wild.
Pizza hut on premises.

1 Thank kaypeaDeltaBc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (879)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed July 28, 2011

First holiday to Florida with family. After reading reviews about this hotel i have to say i was a bit unsure as what to expect on arrival. First impressions on pulling up at hotel were clean grounds and tidy looking enough from the outside. Check-in was fast and friendly. On arrival at our room we were given on the second block ground floor the room was quite damp smelling and dark,the patio sat two chairs with no outlook. It also seemed cramped for a family of four with a double bed and a made up double sofa bed. We decided to see if another room was available. Told we would have to stay in that room for the night but would be moved next day. True to there word we moved to block one sixth floor. The room was fantastic, bright and more spacious with a fantastic view onto the lake and over to wet and wild. The balconey was huge and caught the sun all day. Excellent! The hotel has two outdoor pools that were always very clean as was the indoor pool. The grab a bag breakfast was fine to start the day with fruit juice,apples,oranges and different savouries along with tea and coffee. To sum up we all really enjoyed our stay at the Enclave,the staff are very helpful Hannah and Brian and the others on the front desk were always very friendly and helpful. Jimmee the ticket man was always very chatty and tells best places to go and how to get there. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank lm1971
SALTCOATS, AYRSHIRE, SCOTLAND

Hi everyone
I have stayed at the Enclave a few times since 1996. We booked the hotel a few weeks before we arrived in Orlando, we booked a Terrace as I think they are so spacious and its great to be able to sunbathe out there most days.
Before I had arrived I had requested a refurbished room but they hotel were quick to tell me that all refurbished rooms were booked for the time we would be staying there.
In the room was 2 adults a 3 year old and a 7 month old baby.
We stayed at the Enclave because of the good price as well as the kitchen area as I wanted to be able to cook and heat up bottles for our baby.
It was good to get free wifi at this hotel so that was a positive, it was a shame the rooms only get cleaned once every 3 days as the room did get a bit messy at times!
The one big disappointment was the gentleman who works for Universal Studios and organises the buses who is based at reception at the Enclave. My husband spoke to the him on the morning we were going to Universal Studios to see what the procedure was to get the hotels free bus, my husband asked why are the buses leaving so early as there was one at 07.10am and 07.50am in the morning he told my husband because the parks opens at different times for different people, my husband then said he thought both parks opened at 09.00am, then the gentleman responded in a very agressive tone that Islands of
adventure opens at 8.00am and Universal opens at 09.00am and depends on the ticket you have you can get in at 07.00am. He ranted that he only works 4hrs a day and thats why he puts up the bus times up in recepection so people dont pester him with questions! At this point he never informed my husband that we needed a ticket to board the bus, so off my husband went and we as a family came down to get thge 07.50am bus. The bus arrived and we waited in line and seen that other people had tickets to board the bus, so my husband, myself and the kids went back inside to ask to get a ticket, we really just thought showing our room key would get us on the bus, had the ignorant Universal worker at the hotel told my husband the procedure we wouldn't have had to waste his precious time. So my husband asked the man could we get tickets for the bus (now my husband is a very polite man and is not agressive or ill mannered), the grumpy Universal employee then stated in a derogatory manner that you never told me how many was in your party, if you listened to me I would have told you. At that point I was going to jump in and give the guy a showdown as what gives HIM the right to speak to people in a foul manner
and be so agressive to us in front of our children. He then went into SLOW pace to issue the tickets as he could see the bus was about to leave!
Now with this poor attitude he has painted a picture of Universal employees, he has a universal badge on his shirt so he represents the company, and the way he carried out his duties was totally unacceptable.
Also beware of the bus from the hotel to the parks as well as the driver wont open the middle section of the bus to let people off, everyone must go off through the front and pass by the driver who waits outside the bus for a tip! So we should tip the bus drivers now? I understand transfers to the airport as the guys lift all your luggage on/off the bus but should we tip the I ride trolley bus driver? The lynx bus driver too? NO!
I would stay at the Enclave again, but it would have to be a Terraced/Balcony room.

4 Thank SandalsPrincess
Merseyside
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Just on the side of International Drive and opposite TGI Fridays, this Hotel is a brilliant location. Wet and Wild is in walking distance and Universal is only a short free bus ride away. Staff were helpful and there was everything we needed in our rooms ( which had the beauty of a little kitchen in our room so you can have a coffee and some toast before a busy day around the parks). There are three blocks to the hotel, they all look pretty much the same. The hotel could do with a bit of TLC, our fridge leaked and key card didnt work sometimes, but the staff soon sorted it for us. The pools were lovely and never crowded. Breakfast was a grab and go bag consisting of some danishes, fruit and a drink, which was sometimes helpful when running late.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Ernie05
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel from 25th May - 10th June 2011.

This was my 6th Visit to florida, so I really did my research before going, and having a good knowledge or the area, and amenities, means that we arer able to stay at this hotel without the need of a hire car (which gets really expensive once you have paid for Parking ($15+ per day for each park!!) insurance and Fuel).

We really liked the hotel, and had no real problems whatsoever whilst we were there.

Upon arrival, we checked in at the desk, and the lady in front of us was complaining and had the general manager out, who looked stressed and worried! When we saw this, we were a little worried, as it wasnt a great first impression!

We checked in OK, and got our room key. The room we were allocated was in Building 1 and was a ground flooe room, right at the end of the building. we got into the room, and I couldnt help but feel a little uneasy about being on the ground floor. We had a set of sliding doors, which lead out onto open ground,, which anyone could walk onto (wether staying at the hotel or not!)

After a few moments, my boyfriend went back to reception, and asked if we would be able to move rooms, and explained that I didnt like being on the ground floor. The staff were great, and not only did they move us, they also upgraded us to a better room, we were allowed to see the room before confirming it. As soon as I walked in to the new room, I knew that it was where we would stay. The room itself wasnt one of the recently refurbished rooms (which I had requested by email to the hotel before we left).

The weekend we arrived there was Memorial day weekend, and it was very busy, as many of the americans holiday at this time. The guy on receptioned explained that this was the last room available, but if we came back on monday or tuesday (after the busy weekend) then they would let us look at some recently refurbished rooms, and we could move if we wanted to.

The room that we had been allocated was on the 7th floor, it had a HUGE balcony, and we has an amazing view of the lake, wet n wild and universal studios. (See pics).
The room itself had an extremely comfortable bed and sofa, and the building itself felt very safe and secure, you needed your room key to enter the building and then again to get into your room. We did have a few problems with theroom keys, where they would randomly stop working, so you would have to walk back down to reception to get them re-activated (a nightmare if it is busy at reception, and you just want to get into your room and sit down after a tiring day!!!) Apparently if you put the room key near a mobile phone, the magnet in the phone can de-activate the key!

The area around the hotel was great, its right next to a lake, and there is lots of open ground, plus 2 big outdoor swimming pools with hot tubs and an indoor swimming pool, which is open 24 hours! (the outdoor pools close at 10.00pm). There was also a tennis court (which we never actually saw let alone used but saw kids come into reception to borrow the rackets.) There was also a childrens play area, a gift/convienience store and a restaurant (pizza hut).

The free breakfast in the morning was OK, we only had it a few times, but its free so you cant really complain! It included a fruit juice, a pastry of some kind and a piece of fruit (an apple or orange).

The hotel transport to and from the parks was absolutly amazing, the bus driver - Terry was one of the funniest and kindest people I have ever met, and really made the 5-10 min journey to and from universal very entertaining, he was just lovely! He was always very prompt and there were 3 pick up times to and from universal studios, plus one to and from to seaworld everyday.

Jimmy worked in the mornings at the reception, and was a wealth of knowledge on the surrounding area and attractions. He worked for Univeral Studios rather than the hotel itself.

The iRide trolley is essensial if you dont have a car, and the nearest stop is just a short 3-5 min walk from the hotel on internaional drive, and is stop 12. That will take you to seaworld, and this is what we used if we did go to seaworld rather than the hotel bus, as the iRide comes every 15-20 mins, so the timings were just much more conveinient.

There were plently of places to eat and shop around the hotel, a TGI Fridays just accross the road, and a Chilis also very close by. you can also get to any eatery or shopping destination on I-dirve by taking the I-Ride trolley (its $1.25 per trip or you can purchase unlimited passes for 1,3,5,7, or 14 days which have to be purchased in a shop not on the actual trolley. places like Walgreens sell these, as well as loads of other places).

If your going to do disney and dont have a car, the hotel does charge for transport to disney by a company that they use (we saw a shuttle bus picking people up and dropping them off) You can catch the i-Ride bus to stop 32 (i think!) and then catch the Lynx bus to disney, which drops you at downtown disney, you then need to get a disney internal shuttle to your selected park, which all in all takes about 30-45 mins, depending on the bus timing and which park you are heading to etc. I would imagine this would be a bit of a nightmare trip if you were travelling to disney alot and with kids (we only did it the once!).

On the 5th or so day, we did look at some other rooms to see if we would like to move. We looked at 3 rooms, all of which had been recently referbished, but they just wernt as nice and the one we were in. One was on the ground floor, and the room was next to a power genorator, and was SO noisy. The other 2 didnt have as nice views, and as we were happy with the room we were in, there was no reason for us to pack up our stuff and create another room for the cleaners!

Overall, we were really happy with this hotel, The staff are really lovely and are happy to help, the rooms are clean, big and comfortable, and the facilities onsite are fantastic. This really is a hotel that will go out of its way to help the customer and ensure that have a wonderful stay in Orlando. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lollypop101
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Having stayed at the Enclave many times before with various family and friends I always did recommend them their friendly staff cannot do enough for you, the rooms are spotless, The hotel is extremely well cared for and will meet every need, My husbant took seriously ill when we where there, and even although the hotel was full they found me another room when we could not return home to the uk on our scheduled date, and when I was visiting the hospital actually moved all my things so i would not have to come back and do it, They also assisted me with various other matters and the management and staff could not have been more helpful! The hotel itself is fantastic value for money has rooms and suite in various sizes to accommodate all parties, And they even have things like a childrens club and a film being shown on a large screen by the pool Barbeques on a saturday, I challenge anyone to find a hotel that ticks all the boxes in this area, The location is fantastic, just off Interational drive, so away from the main road but only a min walk to all the shops restaurant and transport to get you around orlando.

I know there are negative reviews on here, but believe me I have stayed there many times and just would not stay anywhere else, and have never heard any negative reports from other holidaymakers staying there either.

7 Thank martha045
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We initially booked this hotel as we wanted to be on international drive but we also wanted to have a balcony. We arrived and were given a room on the ground floor (obviously without a balcony) so we asked to be changed to a higher floor. After moving us to a higher floor room we found that the carpet in the new room was completely damp. We thought it might just be the cleaners after cleaning the carpet so we went out for the day in the hope that it would be dry when we got in, it wasn't. It actually smelt worse than before so we rang up to complain and they moved us to the room opposite. It was better however doors were falling off the cupboards , the ceiling had mould on it and the cutlery looked as if it had never been cleaned. The staff were helpful enough but not even they can help the decaying condition of the entire hotel. Don't stay there if you want an enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jonnyp1984

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels