“So, What happened to I Drive!”

International Drive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“So, What happened to I Drive!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Used to love this place and looked forward to visiting after a 12 year break, travelled up I.drive on the Lynx 42 bus and couldn't believe how much things have changed and how deserted it was. Got
off the bus close to our favourite sizzler but it was boarded up! Crossed the road and went to the Great western Steakhouse, this use to be at the top end of the buffet joints, not any more, very little to choose from and none of it good, have been to some very poor areas in the Caribbean and sat in nicer surroundings. Also visited the Fiesta Shopping Mall, think there are some 80 retail units but only 7 of them were open!

4 Thank Dave M

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Tourist heaven”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I really try to stay off of I-Drive as we locals call it. It is full of restuarants, hotels, and shops. There is a tolley that comes around to transportation. Also, Wet N' Wild water park is there. Ladies, go to the West end of I-drive for great outlet shopping.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank 1Hoebie
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“benidorm.. blackpool... vile... rough... cheap... and tacky !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Oh I have been reading a few of the bad reviews on here.... thank God it's not just us being snobby English tourists !!

They are all right. I'm English and I am a Black Country girl, with Irish ancestry , so by no means a snob but............ Oh how shocked I was too. Full of Football shirt wearing English, with babies in pushchairs, no doubt benefits have paid for the holiday..... yes that's the sort of people I'm referring to, who are on their first trip to the States and they are ooooooh so proud because they THINK are in the good old U.S of A. This is not America folks ! This is a road that has turned English and a very bad example at that !

We try to be independent traveler's, but felt like we were on a package tour this time. Vile... vile... vile....really hard to pick up any other accent, except for staff.

My partner stayed on International Drive many years ago and like others have said, he could not believe how much it had changed, he was gob smacked!

Walk out the hotel... Full English Breakfast... steak and kidney pie and chips , fish and chips. English pub, Irish pub...... Oh Jasus please save me !!

If I wanted an Irish bar I'd go to see my folks in Dublin, If I wanted the delights of fish and chips I'd stop at home and go to " Our Plaice " down the road.

Florida is a very pretty State, but I will never return to International Drive.

Like an other reviewer said " go to Blackpool or Benidorm instead "

6 Thank andrea m
dljr60
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“tourist zone -”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

International drive is tourist mecca. Many local, like me, avoid the area if possible because I DRIVE is tourist traps, cheap food, hotels, and a lot of traffic. On the other hand, locals love I Drive as the tourist add money to our local economy.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank dljr60
Apopka, Florida, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Been here many times and Always builds the Anticipation!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

The sign ALWAYS makes me smile and makes the anticipation build knowing that I will soon be inside of a Disney Park! It just never gets old and I cannot wait for more drives!!

1 Thank 990JessicaS990